Marbury: I want to die a Knick

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
Thanks Doc!!!

Keep up the trash talking guys; along with the analysis, opinions and useful info, it's what makes this site interesting.

All I beg is for everyone to realize we are all Knick fans and that makes us some sort of brotherhood, so nothing here should be taken personally or result in serious hating. As in all families, there are fights and different points of views. So I believe we can all talk s**t and still feel the love.

100% agree on this point, portega

Here's my Top10:

1. Steve Nash
2. Chauncey Billups
3. Chris Paul
4. Jason Kidd
5. Tony Parker
6. Andre Miller
7. Stephon Marbury
8. Allen Iverson
9. Mike Bibby
10. Kirk Hinrich

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
At this point, I just want the Knicks to win whether it's with or without Marbury or Brown. I hope the Pro-Marburys are right that all he needs is the right system, coach, and supporting cast.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
dr.carpy said:
I am of course saying that Billups is better! You made my point. Numbers mean absolutely nothing when you lose. When was the last time Steph led a team to 64 wins? How about the eastern conference finals? How about the NBA finals? Has he won Finals MVP? Chauncey isn't one dimensionally based on numbers. He has heart, a higher basketball IQ, and is team leader BY EXAMPLE!!! He doesn't blame Flip Saunders, He just plays hard. My father said to me there comes a time in everyone's life where problems stop being everyone else, and start being you! The last statement is a synopsis of Stephon Marbury's basketball life. Do you think the Media and fans all dislike him cause they're bored? NOOOOO!!!!! He often takes plays off, and at 5 dollars or at 16 plus million that's unacceptable!! How many posters at this site if they had the chance to trade places with Marbury if it meant taking 10 years of their life expectancy would trade? I say 90%. The NBA is a privilege not a right. Marbury doesn't see it that way. If he did he wouldn't racking up gaudy stats on awful teams. Who couldn't? Karl Malone is the Number 2 scorer in NBA history. Do you think he wants a ring or to be number 1 scorer? If anyone said the latter you are lucky to be able to read. Cause beyond that you're stupid! Winning is everything. Stats mean nothing when all you do is lose. You wanted a response so there you go sxmarbury516. Now this response is going to be interesting. I mean that in the most facetious manner if you couldn't tell....
haha I had to call you out dawg...yea you are right, stats don't matter when you lose but if you win that doesn't mean all the credit is due to one player. Billups is on possibly the best team in the NBA but he isn't the glue nor the best player on that team. In fact...there was an article recently that stated that Billups and the rest of the team dismissed Coach Saunders under clutch situations...what kinda of leader is that? Another thing....once again somebody is basing wins off of one player! If you're going to criticize someone then you leave wins out of it. Basketball is a team sport not an individual one. And give me a team that he was on that was capable of winning 64 games besides the short tenure with Garnett? I would like to know. Another point....if you criticize Marbury for taking plays off then criticize Dirk, Steve Nash, Ray Allen, T-Mac....do I need to continue the list? There must be a scapegoat for the season so that splits the fans to side with Coach Brown or Starbury, end of story. They criticize to scapegoat not because they are bored. How would you know if you want to trade places with Marbury anyways?! You don't know how he lives? You don't know how he grew up? His childhood surroundings and environment? If you read about his upbringing then I'm sure you would at least think twice because money and fame doesn't bring everything. Some people lack the morals or fail to realize that knowledge over powers money. And do you seriously believe that anyone in the NBA would like to trade in an NBA title for a scoring title?! C'mon man you can do better than that....it seems to me you have no facts behind your basis. But I didn't mean to shut you down like that....

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
P.S....career averages is more accurate than just one year....especially since Marbury's game was clashing with Brown's coaching ethics thus his career low averages. hahaha you know starbury puts up better numbers...quit hating man haha quit hating.

portega1968

El Cacique
To me, this quote in 2day's NYPost says it all:

"Stephon is the worst teammate I've ever had," Tim Thomas told me an hour after the Suns had eliminated the Clippers, echoing the sentiments of Jayson Williams, Keith Van Horn, Kurt Thomas and several Suns and Knicks who wish to remain anonymous. "We grew up together, yet the whole time I was with the Knicks he never talked to me. Not once. Not until I was traded did he say anything. When I was leaving he came over and gave me an I-Pod he'd bought as a going-away present. He even installed hip hop music. They don't come any weirder!"

Now how can a guy that treated sxmarbury516 so right be like this with his teammates?

Give him one more year and if we don't reach the playoffs, the call for his departure should be unanimous.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
No one knows why they don't like him we just know the result...some of his teammates don't like him. Unless you are one of the reporters or you're with Marbury with all of his so-called quarrels with his teammates then no one can really comment on this. First of all....all of these people are scorers except Kurt Thomas and they really didn't like each other to begin with. I don't care if you don't like him....I don't care if anyone likes him...but you must respect what he can do on the floor and he is easily in the top 5 PGs in the NBA. Love it or leave it I don't care, but the numbers don't lie.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Anyone who thinks "Starbury" is one of the top 5 PG's in the league needs to have thier head examined. And this guy makes Iverson money??? Who in the league would be stupid enough to pay Iverson money for a 3rd tier "PG" that plays no defense and will shoot you out of a game??? And is a big crybaby too boot??? C'mon.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
jimkcchief88 i think u proved to all of us just how bright u are when u said smush parker is better than stephon. after that remark u can say marbury isn't in the top 100 point guards in the league, it doesn't matter. the more u open ur mouth the more u prove to not know a dam thing about the game.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
jimkcchief88 said:
Anyone who thinks "Starbury" is one of the top 5 PG's in the league needs to have thier head examined. And this guy makes Iverson money??? Who in the league would be stupid enough to pay Iverson money for a 3rd tier "PG" that plays no defense and will shoot you out of a game??? And is a big crybaby too boot??? C'mon.
With that quote...you need to have your mouth stapled shut. What are you talking about?! You are talking about a man that almost single handledly carried his team to the championship. That's further then the league's reigning MVP has been so he and his team must be doing something right. So no he's not shooting his team out of games, no he's not a crybaby since he is probably the most physical guard at his size. Everybody cries in the game...get used to it. Dikembe Mutombo never thinks he's committed a foul but he's one of the greatest shot blockers of all-time. People cry in the game of basketball, get over it. And if you were 5'10 170-180 then you would want all your calls also. He doesn't get enough calls at that....look how many times he's been beat up throughout his career. It's so easy shutting down you starbury haters...I'm not even that big of a marbury fan, but I am fair and give credit where it's due....some of ya'll just a bunch of biased haters that have no sense of basketball but only hate and blame to pass to every knick player on the roster. I've been a knick fan for 14 years and I've never heard lackluster comments like this. You haters sicken me. Sorry I had to bust the baby powder out on ya'll haha. And no dawg...I don't need my head examined...but I could help find a surgeon for you cuz you must have lost your mind with that comment.

Allen

Benchwarmer
Stephon Marbury is not a top 5 pg, I rank Mike Bippy, Chauncey Billups, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Tony Parker ahead of him.
Its not always about stats, its about what they can do on that court. The only thing Marbury can do on the court is score and he can do it very well, its not in dispute. However I question Marbury's desire to do anything else besides score.
I love watching the Nets match up against the Knicks because then I get to see an LB type of pg go up against Marbury and basically outplay him at every turn.
Yes, Jason Kidd is my all time favorite players if you hadn't guessed.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
ok...
#1. what r u doin on a knicks forum if kidd is your favorite player?

#2. almost every player u named has a superstar on their team to help them win games.

#3.
stephon marbury- 20.2ppg / 8.1apg
tony parker- 15ppg / 5.4 apg
mike biBBy- 16.7ppg / 6.4
chauncey billups- 14.3ppg / 5.1 apg
steve nash- 13.5ppg / 7.1apg
jason kidd- 14.6ppg / 9.2apg
gilbert arenas- 21.7ppg / 5.4apg
baron davis- 15.9ppg / 7.1apg
mike james- 11.9ppg / 4.1apg
andre miller- 14.2ppg / 7.5apg
jason terry- 15.8ppg / 5.3apg
kurt hinrich- 14.6ppg / 6.5 apg
luke ridnour- 9.2ppg / 5.2apg
chris paul- 16.1ppg / 7.8apg
steve francis- 19ppg / 6.3apg
allen iverson (more of a sg)- 28ppg / 6.1apg
jayson williams- 11.7ppg / 6.6apg
damon stoudamire- 14.5ppg / 6.5apg
tj ford- 10ppg / 6.5apg
sam cassell- 16.3ppg / 6.2apg
eric snow- 7.3ppg / 5.2apg
jamal tinsley- 9.6ppg / 6.9apg

and just for the f*ck of it...

smush parker- 8.5ppg / 2.9apg

those are the career averages of any pg worth mentioning. just because some of these players have better teams doesnt mean they are better players. everyone has there own opinion n im stickin with mine.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Why is mike bibby in your top 5 if all he can do is score? he averages and passes less than starbury? And I never said you base who's the best off of numbers...I said if you based it off numbers than starbury is up there with the elite. Of course he's not going to win games....when's the last time he was on a team that could actually contend? Somebody needs to answer that for me....when he was on the Suns he and shawn marion did some damage... they took the spurs (the champs) to six games. And although they lost it's better than the usual sweep. Fact of the matter is Starbury doesn't have a supporting cast, as with the players some of ya'll just named...just look at the numbers that have just been posted first off. And if we're going off what marbury can do then he can score and pass...not just score cuz he wouldn't avg a career 8 assists if he couldn't pass. And I agree with the previous point....better teams doesn't mean better players. That would make david robinson automatically better than patrick ewing and that's not the case...

Allen

Benchwarmer
We can go back a forth for all eternity over Marbury but that probably won't change each other's minds. Surfice it to say, I think the Knicks are better off with Larry Brown and without Marbury and you disagree. So I'll have to leave at that.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Man this is a tuff room. Let's try to be practicle here. No Steph ant the best player in the league but third teir? That's just blind hatred. Check out NBA.com some times to see the stats for pgs and scorers. If we can get Garnett or Labron for Steph so be it! But that ant going to happen. What you guys are talking about is moving Marbury for a draft pick which also ant going to happen. Face it right now he's with us at Max contract. That's the New York way. Next year will be a better year but try to chill on all the B.S.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
To The 1 and Only:

don't try to call a man out. Learn to read before you say a word to man. Where the hell did I say someone would take a scoring title over a ring? Is you stupid? Here's my quote, let's try this again...

Karl Malone is the Number 2 scorer in NBA history. Do you think he wants a ring or to be number 1 scorer? If anyone said the latter you are lucky to be able to read.

Now how you deduced the latter part of this sentence is in reference to a ring, is shockingly beyond me. And probably to any GED grad or child that has a grade 3 reading comprehension or higher. Please read my quotes fully before wasting my time. Anyways....to chauncey billups Career averages to Marbury are misleading. Marbury has logged way more NBA minutes than Billups. And low and behold he has absolutely nothing to show for it. Why is that Amare Stoudemire, Tim Thomas, Shawn Marion, Kurt Thomas (who had to be restrained on more than one occassion) a well as a host of others from his days in New Jersey, like Keith Van Horn who not only got stuck being Marbury's teammate once but twice (Oh God!!!!). Don't believe me? Read this:

Suns history Page 01-02 Synopsis: Poor chemistry coupled with a midseason coaching change eliminated the Suns from postseason contention for the first time since 1988 and the Suns fell to 36-46 despite starting the season with big expectations after acquiring dynamic playmaker Stephon Marbury in a blockbuster from New Jersey for Jason Kidd.

What did the Nets do that year???? THEY WENT TO THE FINALS!!!!!

Again more evidence Marbury is malignant cancer. Look at Tim Thomas play ball in Phoenix with Steve Nash as compared to here with Marbury. Night and Day!!

As well Stephen A Smith spoke openly about that fact Chauncey Billups told the Wallaces to keep things out of the media, because they spoke out about Flip Saunders, not Billups. You got that one wrong too fella. Don't believe me check the ESPN pregame and halftime shows. They should bearchieved by date.

Back to that fool Marbury:

sxmarbury516 what did you think Marbury was gonna say? I'm gonna stay selfish, get my stats, and continue to lose and alienate my teammates?? Come on that response was as generic as the name John Smith.

Enough about supporting casts. he's played with Amare, Shawn Marion. Nash did a better job. The 2 biggest changes to NJ was Kidd and Kenyon. Otherwise Van Horn was still there and most of the bench. They still advanced to the finals. Look at the Current Knicks roster. You can't tell me they aren't better than the miserable 23 wins posted. Here's a thought Let's trade Marbury and find out.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
First of all playa, you take things too seriously. You need to let it breathe..let it burn...something. I didn't think my comments would hurt your feelings that much. Yes I misread that exact quote and I am man enough to say that unlike you, you big baby. BUT...since you wanna cry...let's see how true you're statements are....Marbury vs. Billups...Yes Billups has obviously been more successful than starbury but he also has a better team. I like Billups although he get's alot of the credit that Ben Wallace deserves. Ben Wallace is the heart and soul of detroit's defense...you take Ben Wallace out of the picture and you don't have a championship team. And minutes obviously gives you more opportunities to boost ur stats but you're going to tell me that if he had the same minutes as marbury then he would join starbury and the Big O, averaging 20 pts and 8 asts? Answer that for me. Also listen to the way you sound...you sound like a biased hater...when you're view is jaded to the hateful world you live in...then your opinions will come out the same also. If you have an open mind like me...then we wouldn't have this problem. Oh yea you want to know why the nets went to the finals....they had RICHARD JEFFERSON, KEITH VAN HORN, KENYON MARTIN, AND KERRY KITTLES! Now...don't get me wrong...starbury did have some of these players but they weren't the same as when kidd had them. Starbury didn't even have RJ, Van Horn broke his leg in the middle of his second year with marbury but played a solid first year with starbury so he might be the only solid intangible. Kenyon Martin broke his leg his rookie year and is playing with starbury on basically his rookie experience (and this is marbury's second year with NJ by the way). Kittles isn't your all-star SG but he is a solid one so he would be a great supporting role player (although he was also injuried starbury's first year with NJ). So when it all comes down to it....jason kidd has all the healthy players of NJ that marbury never had as a a full cast plus jason kidd gets RJ so let's see who has the better team here.....answer that for me too. And about billups...I'm not talking about who spoke out....I'm talking about during the game. Did you not watch quite frankly? Mark Aguire saying that's not his detroit team?? Go get tivo and watch that for me. Actions speak louder than words and as a team they denied Flip a chance to give them advice in clutch situations. Read my comments carefully cuz YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME hahaha. And of course Tim Thomas is going to play better with Nash....timmy is a scorer and marbury is a scorer so somebody's average has to come down. Nash is a distributer so he's goin to help tim thomas's average. Common sense, most people have that including your 3rd graders and college grad students. Have fun playa and quit gettin all up tight with all the comments....YOU DON'T KNOW ME AND I DON'T KNOW YOU. This is why I don't publicly insult you and hopefully you won't do the same. Sorry I had to go 16 bars on you but the truth hurts sometime. God bless you son

jimkcchief88

All Star
If Marbury is so great, than how come every team he plays for gets BETTER after they let him go??? And that's right I would rather have Smush than Marbury because he is a better athelete at this stage of his career and knows how to give the ball to Kobe and get the hell out of the way. Are you guys "Starbury" fans or Knick fans???? If you are Knick fans, than you would agree this guy has to go for the team to progress. If you a "Starbury" fans, than keep swinging off his nuts. :moon:

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
for the 3 team-mates who have been bad-mouthing stephon let's take a closer look @ them...

tim thomas- ahhh it seems like just yesterday i was watchin him in a knick uniform and he suckd so bad he would practicaly get booed out the garden. if he wants to blaim marbury for his awful performance than so be it, he's just another person who just cant admit when he's wrong. hes an arrogant asshole who thinks he is 10x better than he really is. by the way he showed some heart this postseason because he is now a free agent. if he didnt give it 110% then he would be toweling down cars in another fedw years.

kurt thomas- once captain of a knick team who would get their ass whooped by our current roster. things gotta hit u kinda hard when u go from captain of some shitty team to warming a bench over in phoenix. all the guy can do offensivley is score off of pick n rolls. and yes he is another arrogant asshole.

keith van horn- omg where to begin. he's the prime example of the great white hype. he went from captain of the nets to warming benchs' in dallas. how rough it is to get slapped in the face by reality. mr van horn is another one who thinks he is a lot better than he is.

now lets just name a couple of team-mates who have some good things to say about marbury...

kevin garnett
amare stoudamire
kenyon martin
shawn marion

u be the judge.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
jimkcchief88 said:
If Marbury is so great, than how come every team he plays for gets BETTER after they let him go??? And that's right I would rather have Smush than Marbury because he is a better athelete at this stage of his career and knows how to give the ball to Kobe and get the hell out of the way. Are you guys "Starbury" fans or Knick fans???? If you are Knick fans, than you would agree this guy has to go for the team to progress. If you a "Starbury" fans, than keep swinging off his nuts. :moon:

y the hell do u think he gets paid as much as iverson? to give the ball to malik rose and get the hell out the way? he gets paid what he does because of his talent to put the ball in the hoop. because of his way of getting 9 assists a game (but yet still to some of u he is a ball hog). i feel like im arguing with a lil kid here. smush parker!?!?! SMUSH 'MOTHA F*CKIN' PARKER!?!?!?! the drugs have f*ckd ur head up beyond repair. it would be best for everyone if u just remained silent until after next season. stick to football mr kansas city because u have not the slightest clue as to how retarted u sound.

injuries can plague a team. the team won't be used to playing with/out key players. and wont get any kind of chemistry goin. he's played on 3 different teams b4 this. none of them have won the chapionship since then. the reasons for the improved record is a healthier team that was able to get used to playing with one another. and there was @ least one new superstar added to j-kidd and steve nash's lineups (see: richard jefferson & joe johnson)