Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Marbury: I want to die a Knick

for him to drop 16.6 ppg while running pg 4 larry browns half court offense is not bad. if brown had it his way marbury would avg around 10ppg. that would be a waste of his ability to score and a waste of his talent. long after the knicks gave up last season LB still refused to try marbury @ the 2. y not experiment? what did we have to lose? he was more concerned about becoming gm of the knicks. if we had a coach who cared more about winning us games w/ the team we had instead of playing mr general manager its a given the knicks would won 15-25 more games. isiah will do good things for this franchise. the team's confidence will be up and anyone who plays the game knows that confidence is half the formula for winning.

Veteran

I think things got so bad between LB and Marbury, LB just wanted him gone. Like you guys say, LB is old school. One of those coaches that will bench you when you don't listen. Plus, Marbury is a little too small to go up against most of the established 2 guards in the east. To put him up against the likes of Paul Pierce, Micheal Redd, D-Wade.... Not fair. If Marbury could have played along with LB he could have avg more than 10 ppg. But I would take a 10/10 guy with the Knicks winning 45-50 games anyday. That the point. If "Starbury" was more concerned about the "team", he could have sacraficed a little of his scoring ability for the good of the team. Remember any player can score, but the great ones raise the level of the guys around them. Maybe Isiah can teach "Starbury" a little about that.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

What are you talking about. Are you even watching the games. 10 pts a game you're way off. Watch the games. Mabury had no problem distributing the ball. He just had a problem passing the ball off and the team was losing. They need him to step up scoring wise. You're not making any sense.

Also...starbury did sacrifice his scoring load...that's why he avg 7 less points than his career avg!

Veteran

I would watch more of the games if they were televised nationally. Gone are the days I would see Knicks twice a week, once on tues. with Hubie and the early Sunday game. But remember the play the Bulls at least 4 times a year and the still are televised nationally a few times a year. No way I'm paying 200 bucks for the league pass to see the Knicks get their butts whooped. But I watch the highlights/lowlights for everygame and also check the box scores. But which one is it, "Starbury" sacraficed or its LB's fault. I still say its diminished skills.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Jim we heard this shuck n jive redrick all season. When Marbury did what Brown asked and passed off the ball, and they lost, Brown said well Steph needs to be more agressive. When Steph was aggressive/selfish or what ever you want to coin it, Brown said he needs to get his teammates involved and be more unselfish. I saw then that Larry was full of $h!t. It's one or the other. Steve Nash could not help this team win. Even Nash has his Sean Marian and Amare. Some one to pass to that can take over. To answer your question it's both. Starbury sacrificed because of doing what LB asked. He sacrificed Scoring to pass the ball off and lose. Look what happened in Kobe's last game against the Suns. Mabury is no Kobe but my point is some players have to score in order for their team to win. Untill every one else steps up Steph is the man that needs to score, or at least was last year.

Veteran

Sounds like you have something personal against LB. No coach could have done anything with that team last year. And its crazy to give any coach one year and a bad line-up and expect them to work wonders. Are you a Tar Heel fan??? That would explain alot because I know LB left you guys high and dry. But give the man some credit, he can coach.

What?! The roster was fine...not the best but good enough to make the playoffs...but when you change the lineup 40+ times and never define roles...guess what....just guess....you win 23 games! The roster was not at fault, it was the coach...you must realize that believe if you're a non-believer and move on...

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    As for why nobody is talking junk about AI, Paul Pierce, KG and Ray Allen, its because they avg more than 16.6 ppg for their multi-million dollar salaries

If "Starbury" was more concerned about the "team", he could have sacraficed a little of his scoring ability for the good of the team.
    ur jumpin from side to side. 1st he's wrong because he only avg'd 16.6 ppg and yet he makes as much as AI. and in the next post he's wrong because he didnt sacrafice his scoring ability. so pretty much he's dammed if he does and dammed if he dont. its a lose/lose situation. since u dont get msg u dont get to see half as many games that most of us watch. im telling u right now, i never had a prior beef with larry brown. if u watched most the games this past season even u would have had to question the descions that larry made. he would bench players that were playing good. he would put players like david lee on the in-active list right after starting him for all 6 games during our only decent winning streak. publicly bashing players who never even got out of line with him. steve francis' name was dragged thru the dirt in the media just for asking 4 a solid amount of playing time towards the end of the season. nate was a 'showboater'. he had it out with @ least 80% of the players on the roster, the owner, and the gm. like ive said in previous posts its kinda hard to come up with ur own opinion when u cant see most of the games.

Default Will the real Knick fans please stand up?

I can’t speak for those other guys, but I definitely have something against Larry Frontrunner! Any true Knick fan should!! This guy intentionally sabotaged the Knicks season. I don’t care how you choose to look at last season, there is no excuse for the things he did. From proposing trades he knew Isiah didn’t want to make to trashing players in the papers, this guy should not only not be paid for the remainder of his contract, he should be banned from coaching in the NBA! If he worked for a corporation as a ‘civilian’, so to speak, he’d be fired and possibly sued or even brought up on charges!! What he did was an affront to basketball on the scale of the Pete Rose situation!! I’m getting a little tired of supposed Knick fans sticking up for this bum. Isiah just fired him, he should have whooped his ass!! He, being a future Hall of Fame coach and a revered and respected coach, could have done irreparable damage to the psyches of our young, developing players. If he gets another dime from the Knicks it would be a travesty of justice!!
    I said I wouldn’t question the loyalty of other Knick fans, but enough is enough!!
    Jim, you say he left the Tar Heels high and dry, what does that say to you? I wouldn’t pay $200 for a league pass to see the Knicks, either, but my reasons are different than yours: I don’t have it!! I don’t look at the Knicks to see them get beat, I look for signs that the team is progressing and that the young players are developing. Maybe you should get a league pass, in fact you should try to get tape of every game the Knicks played last year and you’d see what a hack Larry Frontrunner really is!! You’d also see the skills of the players you malign so much, especially Marbury. Marbury is a selfish player in the mode of AI. His worth to any team is his selfishness. I’ll assume the ‘kcchief’ in your handle belies that you live in Missouri or Kansas. If you rely on Sports Center for information on the goings on with the Knicks, then that may explain your obvious lack of knowledge concerning this young, TALENTED team. Larry Frontrunner is not old school, he’s old fool!!

ur 100% right. the perfect example was draft night. the espn crew ripped into zeke even having me aggrivated with our 2 picks. then i read up and saw highlights on the 2 players and have come to the conclusion these 2 will fit in perfect with the talent we have. just because stephen a smith says something doesnt mean it's the truth. its his opinion. and i highly doubt he watched most of the knick games last season either. so then what makes what he says so professional? i value people who forced themselves 2 watch the games opinion over his.

Steven A. Smith, though knowledgeable in the game, has made his mark by being very demonstrative and saying controversial things, so he needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He has a habit of getting his feet set on something and then riding it into the ground (Rasho Nesterovic). I think that’s where he is with the Knicks. Of course, he’s left himself an out by not being too critical of Isiah Thomas. The man didn’t get a TV show for nothing! He’s the Mel Kiper of basketball!

Veteran

Shoot, I don't have $200 to spend on NBA pass either!!! SXmarbury516-I'm not switching sides, I'm just saying... You guys say he's the scorer on the team, but he only avg 16.6.... Every game I watched, and granted it wasn't many, Marbury was running down and pullin from 25' or driving and missing blowing the layup finish. I just didn't see him getting other guys involved... I will agree LB pulled guys early, at least in that late season game against the Bulls I watched where Q was on fire on in the first half and LB benched him. But still hard to believe LB sabatoged the season. If thats the case then Isiah sabatoged LB also. Picking up Stevie franchise at the trading deadline to add to a team overloaded with guards, cmon. LB is a new yorker, why would he sabatoge his childhood team??? Totally agree most of you guys saw more games, but how much do you have to watch to know a team is bad??? Every time the Knicks were nationally televised and I was to excited to finally see them play, they stunk it up and got blown out by 25. That's why I'm pissed at "Starbury" and you guys should be too. The dude makes that much money and the team was that bad.

Again marbury couldn't play to his full capability because LB was the coach...blame LB most of all and not starbury as much...

For the record I stated that I believe in Isiah's picks because Isiah has a good track record when it comes to drafting. I question his in season moves! I do not think he is a good general manager and his coaching is questionable as well. Marbury, not to beat a dead horse, is a very talented scorer and no one is questioning that either! The problem is the Knicks need a pure 1 and if Marbury isn't that guy, then Isiah has done a poor job filling that need. Frances is another Marbury and that does not hel us either. Crawford is another player with the same game, that does not help us at that position, so we are screwed, unless Mardy Collins turns out to be that guy. If Marbury is moving to the off guard, so be it, but he was brought in here to be the Knicks PG and he has failed at that.