Who do you hate the most?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Nearly a year ago I joined Knicksonline and began my Houston must die campaign. Now reflecting back I see that it wasn't Alan Houston's fault that he got paid and did next to nothing to earn the cash and begin the destruction of the Knicks. It was Scot Laidon who approved the deal, which to this day discusses me. Fast-fowarding to present day, we now seem to have a new group to hate. Larry Brown Stephon Marbury James Dolian and Isiah Thomas. What I find strange about this is Layden is the Dark Lord of NY. He was the one that planted the seed of destruction in NY and no one, NO ONE talks about him and how his imprint still haunts us to this day. Instead we ridicule Isiah Thomas. I'm not here to defend Thomas! Yet not once has any one in their criticism of Thomas mentioned the hell he inherited.
Can't forget about Marbury. Most of NY rejoiced when Steph returned to NYC. Now he's on the hate list. My only conclusion to this is that most so called Ny fans are incapable of an original thought. We can witness this by reading the newbies posts. Most complaints of fans may be valid but I find it strange that there complaints mirror that of the NY POST or words from Pete Vescey. Most of us think Vescey's an iidiotyet the posts I read mirror his words.

Now we see Dolian rocking the mic. I dont really have any words for this. I mean it's really not going to make a difference. He's the owner and will remain the owner until P.diddy or Puffy or Diddy Pop gets the cash together to buy him out. Only god knows what turmoil the Knicks will be in if that happens. I've created this posting so that we all have a place for negative comments. So I pose this question to you all. Who do you hate the most? Is it Thomas, Brown, Dolian, Marbury, Allan Houston, or the Dark Lord Scot Laiden. "Ive spelled his name three different ways now. I'm to lazy to look it up."

Starks

Starter
No way I forgot about Layden. When I first joined this site, I tried to get fans to attend the Jazz game so we can boo Layden (now w/ Jazz)

Don't blame Houston people, you would have took the cash too. Layden screwed us over for a decade...and Dolan was too stupid to realize this.

Interesting fact though, on HoopsHype top paid players, almost half the list have been on the Knicks roster this season and last. ------ Thanks Dolan

Years from now, the NBA will be talking about the curse of Scott Layden on this franchise.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
donchris said:
What I find strange about this is Layden is the Dark Lord of NY. He was the one that planted the seed of destruction in NY and no one, NO ONE talks about him and how his imprint still haunts us to this day. Instead we ridicule Isiah Thomas.

i don't know, Thomas changed everything since he came, he traded all of layden's players, in 2 years he made a team that had nothing in common with the one he got, new coaches, new assistants, new doctors.. hell.. i think even the floor on MSG was changed, so i don't see much of a connection with layden now.

This team is in free fall ever since dolan took over..

donchris

Here's the connection R New York Knicks $123,637,545. $19,125,000 this past season and $20,718,750 next season goes to a guy that doesn't even play any more. You guessed it Allan Houston. Brought to you by the Dark Lord, Scot Layden.

portega1968

El Cacique
I hate the Cablevision shareholders and members of the board of directors who have allowed this mess to exist without true accountability. How can they allow the a$$hole known as Dolan to dish out hundreds of millions in greenbacks on a team that has produced jackshit?

I can't hate Marbury, Larry and Isiah 'cause they all want to have success and are here 'cause they have real passion for the game. It's the pingahead at the top who signs the checks and is in it for the money that has made this franchise the laughingstock of all sports.

I echo the call for fans to chant "Sell the Knicks" next year at MSG if this losing continues.

I wonder how that stratocaster would look parked up his culo...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
donchris said:
Here's the connection R New York Knicks $123,637,545. $19,125,000 this past season and $20,718,750 next season goes to a guy that doesn't even play any more. You guessed it Allan Houston. Brought to you by the Dark Lord, Scot Layden.

yeah chris, that's true, but i don't think isiah had any restrictions with the money when he rebuilt
i would have understood if those $40,000,000 were vital for the knicks budget, but isiah did it his way, he got all his players in 2 years plus 2 hall of famer coaches. nothing happened. No doubt layden screwed the knicks big time but you can't say the knicks are in this position only because of allan houston's contract

donchris

Your right Rady. There does have to be some accountability on the behalf of management for the past few years of not making the playoffs. If we look at the time line A.I. (After Isiah) we can point out his failures and successes. It all really depends on how you feel about the guy. Those that like him fight defend him those that dont call for his termination letter. Me I'm neutral. I take in to consideration what the Dark Lord left for him. Now that's not to say that he didn't screw up when he traded Muhammad. I'm sure his critics can find alot more screw ups than that. Still we can not bring in franchise players because of the Houston deal and the Luke Longley deal. Think if we never resigned Houston or brought in Longley for no apparent reason, we may have been able to get Shaq or TMac. The possibilities would have been endless. But because of this single event we are DOOMED. That is until after next season. Watch us make a run.

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:
But the Knicks have insurance that pays off most of that money. It still counts against the cap. What about Larry Johnson he still got 12 million this year?

First post......so be considerate!

My ladder of hatred:
1. Isiah Thomas
2. James Dolan
3. Steve Francis
4. Adolf Hitler
5. Stephon Marbury

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
First I dont like Isiah because he putting players together that cant play with either. They are not use to each other playing. He's putting 5 superstar players on one team. What about the rest of the team, they wont get no play.

Second I dont like Dolan because he didnt fire Isiah for his dis matching team. He still believe Isiah has a plan to turn this team around. Didnt he learn his lesson after the Worst Season in Franchise History.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You can't blame starbury because the guy is doing everything that he is told. You really can't blame dolan even though some of you have a point by saying he's just dishing out money to get more in return. Also not putting a cap on Isiah's trades is another mistake if we're trying to get out of the cap. But the main reason we are in this situation is because of Scott Layden. Do you really think Isiah would be trading small contracts and 1 year contracts for a player with talent and a horrible contract if the NYK were under the cap?! I don't think so...that's layden's fault. Do you think Isiah would have trades for Jalen Rose, Steve Francis, or Q-Rich if he had enough money to sign free agents during the offseason?! I don't think so...that's layden's fault. Do you think we would be over the cap if we didn't sign H20 to that $100 million dollar contract that caused a chain reaction to put us over the cap til this day? Nope...that's layden's fault. Do you think we would still be in this situation if we didn't trade Nene and Marcus Camby for injured McDyess (knee) and also trade for LJ (back), and let go of sprewell and ewing? I don't think so...that's layden's fault. We had a team...a playoff team and possibly a championship team if ewing didn't get hurt. But he broke all this up, inflated our cap to kingdom come, and destroyed the Garden's auora ever since. My peops, knick fans (some of you), NYKers...don't blame stephon, some of the blame lies on Isiah, a little more on LB, some on dolan, but most of all...SCOTT LAYDEN deserves most of the blame on that list. Not only does he deny loyalty to Patrick Ewing by trading him for trash but he puts us over the cap for no apparent reason. It's not like he used the money on a REAL franchise player. H20 was making more than EWING...now what does that tell you about Layden??

The 1 and Only said:
You can't blame starbury because the guy is doing everything that he is told... You really can't blame dolan ... But the main reason we are in this situation is because of Scott Layden ...

Wow ! You truly are an impudent ass !

You're Close

I think its more like:

My ladder of hatred:
1. James Dolan
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Steve Francis
4. Adolf Hitler
5. Stephon Marbury

Thank god someone else on this site has a brain. :)

For The Record

FYI ... I'd just like to set the record straight and would like everyone to know that I don't hate Isiah Thomas, or Jim Dolan for that matter. I just think they are two of the most incredibly stupid managers of a professional basketball team ever to have lived on this planet. OK, you can all go back to doing whatever it was you were doing now, which probably includes think that Isiah Thomas is actually going to coach this team to a championship. :whatever:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i always supported stephon and isiah but this year better result in a winning season, this is do or die for stephon and isiah, there better be improvement from last year cuz i always was against larry brown and winning would make him look bad and i would be happy

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
MSG-THREE-RING-CIRCUS said:
I think its more like:

My ladder of hatred:
1. James Dolan
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Steve Francis
4. Adolf Hitler
5. Stephon Marbury

Thank god someone else on this site has a brain. :)

wow...that's all can say and again with no reasoning...

Last edited:

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
larry brown sucks

larry brown is the most overrated coach. he couldnt get the usa team to win the gold at the olympics, which is pathetic considering how much talent they had. hes horrible at adjusting to the type of players he has. hes old. the game has passed him by. in fact, EVERY coach is overrated. i knew it was a mistake when the knicks threw all that money at him.

And whose mistake would that have been??

Larry Brown did nothing but negotiate and accept a killer deal for himself, given to him by two of the stupidest people ever to be involved in the game of professional in basketball. He will be getting paid $10MM PER YEAR for the next 4 years while he does nothing but stay at his little home in the Hampton’s and do nothing but pleasure his cute little wife all day, all that at the expense of you guessed it, the fans, who are the ones paying for Isiah Thomas’ stupidity. All because Thomas and Dolan (along with you numbnuts) refuse to accept the facts about what needs and what will eventually be done to fix the Knicks. Yea, that was Larry Brown's fault.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Again you state the obvious but don't read in between the lines....WE WON A FRANCHISE LOW LAST YEAR. Isiah has been here for about 6 years and we have not reached a franchise low in wins until LB arrived. Isiah didn't have 42 different lineups last year, made a media clown out of himself, embarass the organization by arguing with the star PG, can't take Starbury and the franchise to the playoffs, embarass and demoralize the rookies, and embarass the knick legacy! No this is not Isiah, this is LB. Sorry Ms. Brown you need to look at the facts instead of pointing the finger at what seems to be the obvious. Look at my REASONS and see if you can come up with more than that Ms Brown....