Who do you hate the most?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I hear this all the time from Houston fans. "Would you turn down the money?" That's a B.S. question. No one would turn down free money. That's what he got. FREE MONEY, cause he damn sure didn't earn it. I can't respect any one, like KnicksFan4Realz put it, that acts like they deserve something they did nothing to earn. That's the key point here and the reason why we so called H20 haters don't like Houston. Forther more I personally can't stand so called religious folk who put God in the the equation when it's convenient for them to do so.

"I wont play until God tells me to play" That's a direct Houston quote. Anybody who can hear or read that shit and still say he's great is blind by their own admiration for the player. It wasn't until then that I really started to dislike Houston. I though the contract was a bad bad business move but at that point I didn't dislike the guy. He started to believe his own hype.

The Reggie Miller talk. Come on man. Go back and watch a few games. Miller killed the Knicks, including Spreewell and Houston, night after night. Miller was normally guarded by Houston. He couldn't do a damn thing with him. I hated Reggie Miller! As a Knick fan I couldn't stand Miller, Jordan or Alonzo cry baby Morning. But you've got to give credit where it's due. WHERE IT"S DUE, not where it's not.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
First off...Allan Houston is a devout christian. I'll say it again...a devout christian...so guess what he puts first...GOD. So everything in his life is going to deal with GOD. You have to get over that. I'm a devout christian and I give him credit for doing that...so get off him on that. Again let's not go to religion...that was a bad choice for you to call him out on that. And I'm going to need proof on when he said he deserved that contract...I don't go off the he say she say. And yo I'm a knick fan...I know reggie killed us. But you look at those tapes reeeeeal closely and you'll see Allan get pushed into 1 screen and battered by two more just so he can stop reggie from shooting. And in 1on1...you don't have screens so I know reggie won't win. And yes reggie has a quick first step but what then? A layup?? Now that's funny...him breaking down somebody without a screen, off the dribble and scoring a layup. Now how many times has he done that??? Not too many. And that's the name of my game...I give credit when it's due. But you have to do the same with H20. And the truth is you know H20 would win a game of 1on1. His offensive skills are no match to his reggie's D. Reggie has a quicker first step....wow. He can't shoot over allan, he can't break allan down off the dribble...so what's he going to do? Call Antonio Davis to set up a screen? Don't think so. You can call Allan every name in the book but the fact is...he's one of the top SG in knick history and his faith in God is the reason that A. He's great in the community....B. He has a stable family life....C. Arguably the best pure shooting SG in during his career...D. Has numerous records in the collegiate and professional reigns of his career...So give credit where it's due peops and stop hating on one of our franchise's greatest guards....

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
First off his being Christian apparentley did not make his knees heal any faster. That is ont a diss just a fact. Your faith has nothing to do with the game. I suspect alot of players are Christian yet many of them except for Dwight Howard I do not hear them frequently mentioning it and making it well known, as it should not be. Faith is a private matter between the individual and God or Gods.

Just to show you how much he really cared about the team I present the following H20 quotation..

“I don't have to come back, but I really want to. I really want to play and I believe God wants me to. And that's the one thing I've been very adamant about saying. It's been hard.”

Damn he aint gotta come back. That really sounds like a team player.

Here are his career reg season numbers

YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PPG
93-94 DET 79 20 19.2 .405 .299 .824 .2 1.3 1.5 1.3 .43 .16 1.25 8.5
94-95 DET 76 39 26.3 .463 .424 .860 .4 1.8 2.2 2.2 .80 .18 1.49 14.5
95-96 DET 82 75 37.5 .453 .427 .823 .7 3.0 3.7 3.0 .74 .20 2.84 19.7
96-97 NYK 81 81 33.1 .423 .385 .803 .5 2.4 3.0 2.2 .51 .22 2.06 14.8
97-98 NYK 82 82 34.7 .447 .385 .851 .5 2.8 3.3 2.6 .77 .29 2.44 18.4
98-99 NYK 50 50 36.3 .418 .407 .862 .4 2.6 3.0 2.7 .70 .18 2.60 16.3
99-00 NYK 82 82 38.6 .483 .436 .838 .5 2.8 3.3 2.7 .79 .17 2.27 19.7
00-01 NYK 78 78 36.6 .449 .381 .909 .3 3.4 3.6 2.2 .67 .13 2.06 18.7
01-02 NYK 77 77 37.8 .437 .393 .870 .5 2.8 3.3 2.5 .70 .13 2.21 20.4
02-03 NYK 82 82 37.9 .445 .396 .919 .3 2.5 2.8 2.7 .66 .09 2.17 22.5
03-04 NYK 50 50 36.0 .435 .431 .913 .4 2.0 2.4 2.0 .76 .04 2.04 18.5
04-05 NYK 20 11 26.6 .415 .388 .837 .2 1.0 1.2 2.1 .40 .10 1.05 11.9

He got the big 100 mill contract back in 2001. For someone that never avg over 20pts per game up until that point that says alot. About how stupid it was..at that time we could have gotten either Steve Smith or Reggie Miller. And the Piston fans hated him, Grant Hill included who is another devout Chrisitian. He did not even go to his wedding. Because he still did not forgive him for not allowing Detroit ample time to match the first offer the knick gave him with tha 56mil 7yr deal.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well if you were a devout christian you would know that faith is life...not just dating, school, or just in the church...LIFE. And basketball is apart of his life so guess what basketball is included. That's your opinion that faith shouldn't be played in basketball. Being a devout christian is based on FAITH. So I don't wanna hear all that. And faith is not a private matter...I'm going to go into a religous war with playa...All I'm saying is respect his way of life. If you hate on his faith...that's your problem and your problem only. And I need to see a website too with that quote. I'm interested in all of what he said just not that quote. And when he said I don't have to comeback...he's saying that he's not going to be forced to come back with bum knees, I'm sure he's not saying he doesn't have to because he's so great...remember this allan houston we're talking about...not stephon marbury. And you are absolutely right...it was stupid for layden to sign H20 for a 100 mil contract. No GM would do that...I wouldnt' even do that. But at the end of the day, you can't blame H20...you have to blame layden because he put that offer on the table. H20 didn't demand a max contract...Layden gave it to him and that's what most of you don't understand...but at the end of his career his credentials speak for themself...I mean I really don't have to argue this. Just look at his stats and his awards....Quit hatin and start congratulating!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
All he did was make 2 All Star appearances and for someone to get 100mill he sho nuff failed if thats the best he could muster. Ill say it again hes reppin his faith good for him. Im cool with that. But last time I checked it didnt help win any games. I dont see devout Christians everytime the miss a basket or drop a pass and point to the ground saying the devil amde me do it. It still falls back on the individual to perform , God if anything is a spectator like the rest of us.

Its harder to be Muslim in the NBA than Christian, just ask Abdul-Rauf.
His house was burned down because he was muslim. I dont see that much retaliation against Christian players. Just make me wonder how bias this country really is...so much for being more progressive as time moves on.

Allan Houston isnt above getting a big head and flipping out christian or not, he has done a better PR job by far that Steph.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn ya hate on alan houston alot, yeah he is overpaid but who wouldnt take that amount of money, ya tend to forget he played hurt for the knicks and he was durable, alan houston was pretty clutch for the knicks and the year the knicks won 36 games, a year which the starting PG was howard eisley and center was kurt thomas, and a yea in which sprewell seemed like he didnt care, that year alan houston at least showed up to play every night average around 24, ya got to ccut em some slack man but i did hate his contract too

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Again speaking the truth! You're right...everyone hates his contract. But that is by know means a reason to hate him as a player. Let's state the obvious here...Bad contract by a bad GM. Other than that like what you said...he was durable and he played hurt. And he still was an all-star. What more do you want from the guy? If you're a knick fan that's horrible that you hate one of the classiest guys that this organization has ever known...

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Patrick Ewing was one of the classiest guys the organization has ever known. I dont care what a guy does off the court. Hes not paid for that. Hes paid to play basketball, end of story. To bring it everynight on the hardwoord. Houston in my opinion did not do that enough. And the KNICKS did Patrick wrong, sure as hell did Oakley wrong. But they choose to stand by Houston because he was a "good guy" give me a break.

Even Camby came back time after time...whod we get for him McDyess which was dicey to say in the least. Charlie Ward another class guy the KNICKS got rid of....explain that one?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You guys really need to get off Houston's nuts! It's not so much that we hate Houston. Hating any one is wrong. I just really don't like the way you guys talk as if dude is great because he is not that great. Simple. Good player, yes. Great shooter, no question. Learder? Hold up. See that's when you go to far. It's like the media trying to compair every black SG that can jump to Michael Jordan. It's over stating a bit.

I want to address the releigious issue because I don't want to come off as antichristian because I'm far from that. Although that should have nothing to do with the game. It is a personal walk with God that Houston as well as many others wear on their sleeves. That's a personal choice and one I dissagree with but it's really not that serious. I honestly don't think God really cares about basketball. In the big picture with Katrina victomes and wars all over the world it is arogant to think God is really all that concerned with an over paid multimillion dollar player and weather or not he'll play a few more games. Houston choses to wear is faith on his sleeve, that's his choice. But any one who decides to do that should understand how insugnificant we all are in the big picture. Other wise it just comes off as stupid and arrogant. "I won't play until God tells me to play." I know people like this and God usually tells them what they want to hear. So let's try to move on from this subject. The 1 and Only, I'll be glad to talk with more in a private chat or something because other than our opinion on Houston as a player, I think we are on the same page.

Layden, Layden still sucks!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I agree with DonChris.

But I will say this when you put your faith out there like he has, you gotta expect people to challenge you on it. And you cant get mad when people criticize your faith you put it out there. Its no different when someone states their political or social beliefs out in public. Just because yours is called a religion does not mean its gets special immunity from public ridicule and acknowledgement. It just means you have faith in something.

Houston the player was a good shooter. To me thats all he was. The fact that like I said only 2 all star appearances with a 100million dollar contract, is a really crappy investment. We all know that.

Fact of the matter is you shouldnt get a better contract just because youre a "good guy" and look great in the PR room...

And that is what has happened in basketball...yes people would like a guy that is nice and doesnt get into trouble and has no off court issues. But that is not reality 90% of the time. They human they make mistakes. But it is also about balance. Most people that are that talented to make it to the pro level, are not good socially. Most people that are good socially are not that talented. Just the way it cosmically works out.

How many players in the NBA used or use marijuana? I think the last survey the NBA did was something like over 50%. There are only 348 players at last check..

As long as a guy has plays a good game and his personal life doesnt make CNN Im happy.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Fa sho Fa sho, I agree with that completely. Except no one really was ridiculed because of there faith other than houston. I respect both views...but at the end of the day H20 will and always will be a christian that lives through his faith. That's just the way he lives. And we all must respect that. I also would slate Allan a lil further up then just a good SG tho. I mean he's the Knick's 4th all-time leading scorer. With countless other records. But I understand where both of you are coming from...No he didn't do anything outstanding...but he did put the ball in the hole extremely well...