Who do you hate the most?

who was the GM the last time we were in the playoffs? and the finals? quit being an ungreatful brat. houston carried us on his back to those finals, and as a fellow knicks fan i am appalled you would badmouth him. he did more for us than anyone else in the 20 years excuse Patrick Ewing. layden kept us competitive. did he make mistakes? of course, but he still did a good job. quit being the kid who complained christmas morning about his xbox because it wasn't a playstation you suck.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
First of all ALLAN HOUSTON sucks. Sprewell carried the KNICKS to the FINALS, and played out of position while doing all that. That magical 99 season could not have happend if it were not for LATRELL end of story. Marcus Camby was the second part of that equation as well. Allan Houston in Miami hit one big shot, big fucking deal. Sprewell carried them that game for the most part. Go back and watch the game. The whole thing. Sprewell was doubled down, Camby was doubled down. And Patrick wrist was not 100%, so that leaves num nuts left to take the shot dont confuse opportunity with real talent.

As far as blame with this shitty team, the buck stops with Isiah Thomas. I dont care bad your coach is, how bad your players are, Isiah was the HNIC. This is another 9/11 in charge, might as well get that guy Mike Brown from FEMA. Cause doing a heck of a job with these team.

Real Knick fans know for a fact Houston softest player on that entire team. As Clyde would say, his "matador defense". He would two dribbles and shoot each and seemingly everytime coming from the left or right. Once he took those steps you knew that was it he was going to shoot it.

If they ever retire his number its a disservice to Charles Oakley #34 who actually earned his number to be retired by this franchise.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You sound like an H20 hater to me...and I have no problem with it. But the shot that Allan Houston made...you know the buzzer beater in game 7 in miami that was made by no other than H20...if he didn' t make that shot, then there would be no team for latrell to supposedly carry. Yes latrell led us in scoring in the playoffs but when we were in dire need of a basket...we didn't go to Latrell we went to H20. Allan wasn't the most grittiest of ball players but I wouldn't consider him soft. Reggie was soft, Jeff Hornacek was soft, RIC SMITS was soft...but I don't put allan in that category. He played in the post as well as on the perimeter. He's just that pure SG that we're missing right now...

Read this article:
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs00/s/hawkins/houston.html

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
Man... People really forget about the playoffs Allan Houston had that year. He ate up Atlanta and Indiana. They couldn't guard him at all. I'm not saying he was the best but he was a real good player for the Knicks. To say he sucks his a real strong statement.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I still stand by what I said. Allan Houston did not go the whole and take over. All he did was basically shoot jumpers. A real 2g can do it all, how many times do you see Allan driving all the way to the basket?

Damn near non-existant.

Even with that ATL series, Sprewell was still more of the man than Allan Houston. I think to many people give Allan too much credit for one shot in Miami and it glosses over everything he did not do.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But what you're saying completely opposes Hershey Hawkins...and hershey knows more about basketball and the way H20 plays more than us. And again that was sprewell's game. His jumper is suspect and he's a very streaky shooter. Allan is one of the best jump shooters of our generation...he dropped 50 on kobe and the lakers...who's the last guy that did that? And he did all of this by only his jumper? I don't think so...when he takes it to the whole he takes it up strong...have you seen his physique? that's not a soft body son...that's a man. When you have a jumper like his...why would you want to take it to the whole everytime?? I can't say this enough...H20 is a quiet leader. He's very vocal in timeouts and in the lockeroom but on the court he has this silent resiliency that's hart to describe. Sprewell is just the opposite. He has a combustible personality in a way you see all his emotions on the floor. They equally took us to the promised land...sprewell scored a lil more and rebounded a lil more but H20 took the big jumpers, and kept fireheads calm during the run...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The 1 and Only said:
But what you're saying completely opposes Hershey Hawkins...and hershey knows more about basketball and the way H20 plays more than us. And again that was sprewell's game. His jumper is suspect and he's a very streaky shooter. Allan is one of the best jump shooters of our generation...he dropped 50 on kobe and the lakers...who's the last guy that did that? And he did all of this by only his jumper? I don't think so...when he takes it to the whole he takes it up strong...have you seen his physique? that's not a soft body son...that's a man. When you have a jumper like his...why would you want to take it to the whole everytime?? I can't say this enough...H20 is a quiet leader. He's very vocal in timeouts and in the lockeroom but on the court he has this silent resiliency that's hart to describe. Sprewell is just the opposite. He has a combustible personality in a way you see all his emotions on the floor. They equally took us to the promised land...sprewell scored a lil more and rebounded a lil more but H20 took the big jumpers, and kept fireheads calm during the run...

No disrespect son but what in God's name are you talking about???
Allan Houston was not a leader. Houston never wanted to be the man. He was a great shooter I've give him that but he did not have the in side presense that Spreewell did. Houston made his points because he settled for easy shots. You can easily make 20 pts taking soft uncontested shots out side the paint. That's what Houston was good for. When was he ever a leader? It was Ewing's team and when he was out Larry Johnson was the voice of New York. If you don't beleive me do some research on the old #8 seed Knicks. That was Johnson's squad all the way. Houston was soft. Some one said before that Reggie was soft. Yo I hated Reggie but he was an all around player and he torched the Knicks night after night. Houston couldn't touch Reggie one on one. I've got to disagree with you again. The Knicks should have beaten the Spurs. Houston was no where to be found, he ran out of gas. I remember this game like it was yesterday and I remember how pissed I was at Houston. Spree put the team on his back. LJ was playing hurt as he did for half of his carreer but H2zero couldn't pull it together for one more game. Some body find a tape!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
No disrespect son but what in God's name are you talking about???
Allan Houston was not a leader. Houston never wanted to be the man. He was a great shooter I've give him that but he did not have the in side presense that Spreewell did. Houston made his points because he settled for easy shots. You can easily make 20 pts taking soft uncontested shots out side the paint. That's what Houston was good for. When was he ever a leader? It was Ewing's team and when he was out Larry Johnson was the voice of New York. If you don't beleive me do some research on the old #8 seed Knicks. That was Johnson's squad all the way. Houston was soft. Some one said before that Reggie was soft. Yo I hated Reggie but he was an all around player and he torched the Knicks night after night. Houston couldn't touch Reggie one on one. I've got to disagree with you again. The Knicks should have beaten the Spurs. Houston was no where to be found, he ran out of gas. I remember this game like it was yesterday and I remember how pissed I was at Houston. Spree put the team on his back. LJ was playing hurt as he did for half of his carreer but H2zero couldn't pull it together for one more game. Some body find a tape!

Thank you Im glad someone else saw the same soft candy ass Allan Houston I saw all those years. I knew I was not dellusional.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
That's just horrible that you two think of him like that...besides the fact you two took my words completely wrong. Yes LJ was the vocal leader...but I'm talking about in the locker room and on the court. H20 didn't force up shots or create horrible turnovers, he passes the ball and leads by example. We must be looking at two different basketball players because if you seriously think reggie could beat H20 in 1on1 then you must have lost your mind. Are you serious? Reggie can only not dribble he can't even create his own shot. He has to come off screens and shoot off balance to get a shot off. Are you serious? Reggie Miller...come on now...I know you don't like H20 but dag you don't have to diss him like that...Reggie Miller?? And last time I checked, if a SG plays in the post...you're really not considered soft. Paul Pierce isn't soft, mark jackson, gary payton, sprewell, T-Mac....none of these guards are considered soft. I think your hate overshadows the fact that allan did alot for the knicks and I think you're seeing some of it now...fights in the lockerroom, no discipline, no team stability...when ward and H20 left, so did the christianic discipline and the so called playing "the right way" left our team...and sorry you don't average 23 points a game just shooting easy jumpers...that's a poor hater excuse to me...

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
Sprewell definitely had the most heart of any Knick since John Starks but I still don't think Houston sucked. Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess. Sprewell was definitely the man in the playoffs, no question. But Houston had big games too. I'm not even talking about "the shot" against Miami.

I think if Houston was an 8-10 million per year player, there would not be as much negativity. As someone stated earlier, he did not demand for that 100 million. They gave it to him. I remember reading the news clippings. Even Houston was shocked. There was basically no negotiating needed. The dummies in the front office just threw the cash at him.

I'm a Computer Helpdesk Analyst. If my company came to me and said, "We're giving you 200,000 per year!" I wouldn't say no. Would I BE drastically overpaid? YES. Would I take the money and run? HELL YES...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
alrobinson6022 said:
Sprewell definitely had the most heart of any Knick since John Starks but I still don't think Houston sucked. Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess. Sprewell was definitely the man in the playoffs, no question. But Houston had big games too. I'm not even talking about "the shot" against Miami.

I think if Houston was an 8-10 million per year player, there would not be as much negativity. As someone stated earlier, he did not demand for that 100 million. They gave it to him. I remember reading the news clippings. Even Houston was shocked. There was basically no negotiating needed. The dummies in the front office just threw the cash at him.

I'm a Computer Helpdesk Analyst. If my company came to me and said, "We're giving you 200,000 per year!" I wouldn't say no. Would I BE drastically overpaid? YES. Would I take the money and run? HELL YES...

Your absolutley corret. I work for a help desk too and if they wanted to throw that type of cash at me instead of sending the job to India, I wouldn't complain. But Houston took that a step further. He actually said, "I'm worth the money, I'm the best shooting guard in the league." Which is bullshit because he wasn't even the best shooting guard on the team. The fact that he was over paid and thought he deserved the cash is what pisses me off as well as alot of other Knicks fans.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
Your absolutley corret. I work for a help desk too and if they wanted to throw that type of cash at me instead of sending the job to India, I wouldn't complain. But Houston took that a step further. He actually said, "I'm worth the money, I'm the best shooting guard in the league." Which is bullshit because he wasn't even the best shooting guard on the team. The fact that he was over paid and thought he deserved the cash is what pisses me off as well as alot of other Knicks fans.

Finally someone who speaks the TRUTH.
He believed his on press clippings after he got that money, thats alot different than saying well they overpaid awww gee shucks Dolan.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
It's more like aww gee shucks Layden...and that's one reason he was fired. And I like both sprewell and H20. And yes sprewell brought the fire, but H20 brought the ice cubes because when we needed a crucial bucket...he had the ice in his veins. Even though Allan was in the dunk contest a decade ago, he's not the most athletic person. He plays a real simple game. He catches the ball and analyzes the situation. If he's up on me I'll drive, he's off me I'll shoot...simple as that. He was tall enough to shoot over most SG and his release point was so high that a hand in his face wasn't enough. Not only is Allan a good role model (something that sprewell isn't) he's a also a good ball player and leader. I'm arguing who's the better player...I'm arguing the soft factor. Hershey said it best, "He's one of the guys you try to be physical with, but that doesn't seem to bother him." He's not soft peops...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Dag you missed the point I was trying to make entirely...I don't care if you want a role model, H20 was the best SG we had in the past 15-20 years. You can hate on him all you want, degrade as you will. But the truth is...he's Tennessee's top scorer, he's NBA's 10th all-time in 3pt made, he's one of the best scorers in knick history by being 4th in knick history (only Willis Reed, Walt Frazier and Patrick Ewing being ahead of him). And on his website this is what it states, "Allan is remembered by many as “one of the purest, clutch long-range shooters in NBA history." You be the judge...

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
donchris said:

If he said he deserves that money then he's crazy. I totally agree. But let's be real about something. How many atheletes admit that someone's better than them? They usually show FOOLISH pride when it comes to stuff like that. If he said he was the best SG in the league, he deserves some of the heat. But again their mentally is to think they are the best. Wrong or not... Which is this case he was definitely wrong.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
The 1 and Only said:
Dag you missed the point I was trying to make entirely...I don't care if you want a role model, H20 was the best SG we had in the past 15-20 years. You can hate on him all you want, degrade as you will. But the truth is...he's Tennessee's top scorer, he's NBA's 10th all-time in 3pt made, he's one of the best scorers in knick history by being 4th in knick history (only Willis Reed, Walt Frazier and Patrick Ewing being ahead of him). And on his website this is what it states, "Allan is remembered by many as “one of the purest, clutch long-range shooters in NBA history." You be the judge...

I dont care. I know people that still think John Starks was a great Knicks player eventhough he and Riley cost us the damn title back in 94 ans should have played Roloando alot more especially after that 3/17 game 6. But Houston has always until he got to the NBA been coached by his daddy. At every damn level before being a pro. Alot of that was nepotism. Of course when your dad is the coach your basically gonna run plays to feed your son the rock all the time. Granted yes Allan still had to make the shots, but he had "extra" help. Lets' say. Sure as hell did not hurt him. Reggie Miller was a much better talent than H2-Zero. Allan H was not worth the amount of money he got, he never had enough talent to be worth 20 mill a season. And he never showed he was worth that kind of money. Nevermind the fact he didnt finish out his contract. You site every good game Allan had but you never mention all the times he failed, because when the jumper wasnt working he did not go inside and heavily relied on that jumpshot. That was all he had.

I will be never been an Allan Houston fan. NEVER. And if anyone ever pushes to get his number retired, I think that would have to come after #34 Charles Oakley.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
There aren't many games that allan was just shut down. And if you're a H20 hater then your view is basically jaded. That's a poor excuse..."...Houston has always until he got to the NBA been coached by his daddy." Poor excuse...poor poor excuse. I didn't say he was the leading scorer for his team...I'm saying all-time...ALL-TIME. Tubby Smith's son played for him and he's not even in the top 50 in top scorers of kentucky. Poor excuse. And what's the difference between Reggie and H20? Reggie hits more clutch jumpers, he's soft, and he can't create his own jumper without a screen. H20 on the other hand has hit some clutch jumpers, can create his own shot with or without a dribble (jab fakes) and without a screen. Don't get me wrong will Reggie be in the hall of fame...no question. But he can't beat allan in 1on1...not going to happen. Allan will post him up, break him off the dribble, and shoot right over him. That's not even really a match. Cheryl (Reggie's sister) can be reggie. Let's be real with this. And you're right H20 is not worth a 100 million dollar contract but that's not his fault...you're telling me that you'll decline that contract because you feel your not worth it? You gotta be real with it...when it all comes down to it...H20 will have his number retired and not sprewell and we'll all move on with the rest of our lives...

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
After a while he acted like he deserved it....there is a difference between being lucky and thankful...to feeling like you are in the elite of SG in the league. Everyone knew that contract was a joke. I dont fault him for taking the money...I fault him for acting like he earned it. And I still stand by what I said he was coached by his daddy. Having his father be his coach did not hurt getting him into the NBA. That is another fact. I did give him credit when I said he still had to make the shots. Apprarently you missed that. I disagree with him beating Reggie in 1 on 1. Reggie doesnt need to post him up, he has a quicker first step and can finish towards the basket. And is a much more superior jump shooter than your H20.

I can never respect his number being retired Ill just live with it.