The "Rival" shows Knicks how it supposed to be don

Blumatic

Rotation player
Congrats to the Heat. I know as knick of the 90s i would never say that. But how can u not love Shaq and Wade. I avent posted in a while b/c the Knicks are a disgrace. Not just the players but management as well. Mainly the owner.

Remeber how the Heat and knicks mirrored each other. In 2000 we faced each other for the last time in a 7 game series. In 2001 we both got eleiminated, suprisingly, in the 1st round, in 2002, and 2003 the Heat and the Knicks both failed to make the Finals. That's where things changed. The Heat got younger, let contract run out. REally rebooted the team. The knicks kept on pile on contract after contract. In 2004 both teams made it the playoffs. The Knicks got swept and the young and new Heat losta tough 6 game series to a championship worthy Pacer team in the conference semi-finals. 2005: Heat lose game 7 in eastern conference finals, Knicks fail to reach playoffd. 2006, Heat move on to Finals the Knicks suffer one of their worse seasons in history. The Heat continue to become a great team and even when Shaq leave they will still be a team to reckon with (D-Wade). The Knicks won 22 games while still sinking in a sea of controversy among personel and mismanagement and mispending.

2 teams with one of the fiercest rivalry in the history of the NBA and really place them in complete opposite ends of the spectrum. But the Heat side looks so much more pleasant for years to come. Wow!!

JaboloPR

Rookie
I love the heat. Always did. It was a heated rivalry, but they players themselves got along so well. The most notable friendship was Ewing and Mourning. It wasn't a Reggie Miller's Pacers thing, where you just wanted to strangle them. It wasn't a Jordan and the Bulls thing, where you were expected to hate them wth a passion (and would later come to miss them). I loved the Heat Knicks games. Although fights broke out, it was very healthy rivalry. Congrats to Riley and the Heat.

vedder_69

Rookie
Still can't forgive Pat Riley for walking out on the Knicks. I also think he pushed Stan Van Gundy out. Stan did an amazing job cleaning up Pats mess when he first stood down as Heat coach and Stan got them to the playoffs after that woeful start under Riley then got them to the East Conf. Finals last year. The team, with all the new acquisitions this year needed time to gel and Pat wouldn't give him that when he really deserved it. I know Stan's reason for leaving was family but c'mon, Pat pushed him out in my opinion. He will forever be a snake!

And by the way, to respond to the headline of this thread - The "Rival" shows Knicks how it supposed to be done - nearly anything can be accomplished when you have the big fella on your team!

My first post...

Just wanted to say that I'm really feeling this site.

Rivalries where healthy for the NBA, no doubt about that. When you had players like Reggie Miller, that would go to the media prior to game 1 of a particular series and declare "I hate the Knicks...I don't know, I just don't like them" essentially he stirs up bad blood. Unfortunate for him, those taunts got as old as he was, after getting abused by Houston night in and out. Of course we all know that had NY had cap space those rivalries would continue...but we're not far from it.

Given the roster we have currently, we have enough talent to compete with any team offensively. I think the questions stem from the teams ability to shut teams down, or get the necessary stops to make plays on the other end. I'm not ready to conceed that this team can't make those defensive stops till I ses a full season under a different coach.

The fact that only one or two defenders emerged last season is an indication that the coaching staff had no interest in teaching the fundamentals of defense. Fact remains that he isolated more than half the roster, publically calling for overhauls, exposing weaknesses of players and devaluing trade worth of other players via the press. IMO Larry Brown should be fired, because the organization has sustained enough demage by his accord.

Nevertheless, we'll get back to our prominence, one way of another.

paris401

Starter
Re: My first post...

Isa Soulstar said:
Given the roster we have currently, we have enough talent to compete with any team offensively. .

quote]

you are right .. that's why they won 23 games cause they are an offersive juggernaut...

Starks

Starter
Its so sad that the knicks aren't even worthy of having any rivalries these days. Back when this team was watchable, i used to mark the calander in advance to see death matches between Pacers, Bulls, and Heat.

We may have destroyed the Heat in the post season years in the past, but they are light years ahead of us now. So i guess they did have the last laugh.

I'm pulling for Miami, Zo deserves his ring.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
shaquille o'neal= one of the best centers ever

dwyane wade= top 5 best players in the league

antoine walker= dont like him but u cant deny hes
got skillz

jason williams= his handles and passes are top notch

gary payton= a lock for the hall of fame

zo- another future hall of famer

pat riley- one of the best coachs' ever
-----------------------------------------------------------------

our team is young and not used to playing with one another. we didnt have the right use of the talent we had this year with brown making the decisions. the knicks will be back in the playoffs real soon if isiah takes over. hopefully we make some good trades this offseason and will be ready to bring it on strong this year.