Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals 2006 :: Mavs vs Heat

Default NBA Finals 2006 :: Mavs vs Heat

2 teams that never made the finals before. Mavs had a chance in the late 80's but they were stopped by lakers in 7 games, heat on the other hand made it into the conference finals 2 times, in 97 and 05
    who do you think has the better chance of becoming champs this year?

alot of factors in this match up. if wade and shaq dont step their game up for this series, the heat are basically screwed. antoine walker is too streaky of a player to totally depend on offence, but his game during the playoffs could prove me wrong. this is going to be an exiting finals. dirk will be torching haslem/posey all day and wade will be taking harris to school. dunno if diop is up to the challege of facing the diesel. also look for josh howard to be the "x-factor" again like he has the whole damn season. i'd say mavs in 7

Default mavs in 6

i think no1 on the heat can stop dirk, aka wet money, i also think that if diop runs the floor well, he can frustrate shaq an get a few foul calls on the diesel. i agree with the j.howard factor too, and if terry plays well the mavs have a good chance of winning, then on the other hand, jwill shot lights out in game 6, an they did it mostly without wade, shaq never really had size on him, he totally killed big ben, or little ben now, i think shaq wont get the easy spin offs and dunks he was apble to pull off on ben, the whole team needs to show up for the trophy to go to mia. Bu ti think dallas will win it in a close game 6.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

It's a toss up. Going to be a great series. Mavs have more offensive weapons but I dont see the Heat going out quietly. Shaq will be hard to stop. Forget about all the inconsistant stuff. This is the finals so unless he gets an injury, he's going to be a problem for the Mavs. Wade is going to be Wade and I expect Walker and Williams to step up... Way up.. We'll have to wait n see.

i say heat in 5 or 6

First two games: Dallas
    Game 3 and 4: Miami
    Game 5 and 6: Dallas

Game 1: Dallas wins by 5-9
    Game 2: Dallas wins by 13-19
    Game 3: Miami wins by 3-6
    Game 4: Miami wins by 4-9
    Game 5: Dallas wins by 12-16
    Game 6: Dallas wins by 1-5

mavs leading the series after the first 2 games, and shaq & heat fined by the nba

Miami Heat center Shaquille O’Neal has been fined $10,000 for failing to make himself available to the media following Miami’s 99-85 loss to Dallas at Game 2 of the 2006 NBA Finals at American Airlines Center. In addition, the Miami Heat organization has been fined $25,000 for failing to ensure that its players comply with NBA media interview rules.
    The fines were announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

damn, it looks like shaq is finished. I'd still take him over Curry right now, even if for just 2-3 years though.

Kudos to Mark Cuban and the Dallas fans. Watching Mavs games, i can only imagine how great the basketball culture there is. The Ownership is better than the Yankees. The fans are in every play of the game. The players gel together.

Remember those days fellow knick fans?

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by donchris
    It's a toss up. Going to be a great series. Mavs have more offensive weapons but I dont see the Heat going out quietly. Shaq will be hard to stop. Forget about all the inconsistant stuff. This is the finals so unless he gets an injury, he's going to be a problem for the Mavs. Wade is going to be Wade and I expect Walker and Williams to step up... Way up.. We'll have to wait n see.
    I STAND CORRECTED.

You'd really take Shaq over Curry? I'd take Shaq in his prime but not the Shaq I saw last night. No way!

those darn refs. i hate what i saw, wade for 25 foul shots? they must be kidding. and those last two in overtime? ridiculous!

especially as a knicks fan i have a pretty special relationship with the heat. and it always annoys me to see that there is obviously politics involved in calls: hey lets push miami as a market: bollocks

hope the mavs can still make it in seven @ home

The Mavs got burnnnnned! It should be interesting to read Mark Cuban's blog today, I never seen him so upset. And the press conferance...did anyone see a ballistic Avery embarass the reporters that asked him about the calls and time-out error?

I love Johnson though, I hope Thomas gets as fired up as Avery does next season. Johnson is probably more of a hot head than Bobby Knight and Ozzir Gullien combined!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finals are over, and the Heat are the new champs. Personally i'm glad they won. I'm glad that zo and riley finally got their champion rings. I'm glad for doleac, but i still can't believe that other guy got it

Yea congrats to Zo and Payton. I don't care about anyone else, but I gotta admit that Pat Riley did do a great coaching job. I didn't know he still had it in him. I think the most telling statement is Shaq saying that the Heat were the BEST team he ever played on, Riley was his best coach, and Wade was the best he ever played with. (cheap shot on Phil and the Lakers?)

Lurker

congrats to especially zo and wade. cuz they want more than everybody. zo's 5 block performance was unbelievable.really he is a hero

end result..... the same