Reggie Evans to sign with Knicks?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Free-agent power forward Reggie Evans stopped by the pre-draft camp in Orlando and said he would entertain an offer from the Knicks on July 1st.

The Knicks tried to complete a deal for Evans, but Seattle elected to trade him to Denver in a four-way deal.

"If they contacted me, my ears would be open," Evans said. "I was aware (of their interest). It's always good when a team wants you. I really appreciated it."

taken from the New York Post

Reggie Evans would be great for us. He'd give us rebounding and toughness much like Oakley back in the day. So what if he grabbed Kaman's nuts haha. The only thing that I'm not fond of is our log at PF you have Frye, Lee, Rose and Taylor. Taylor is as good as gone. but sign Evans and its now Frye, Lee, Rose & Evans. Rose would sit the bench. and then you still have a clogged rotation. and if we are going to get any PF I kinda rather have a shotblocking one...

Isiah has some work to do. and with the draft approaching I rather just get a cheap rookie say a Josh Booner or Hilton Amstrong to be our PF dirty man.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
i have a question. david lee has played small forward for most of the season. why is that? is he too small to play the power forward position or is it cuz of the clog?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Depends on who you ask. But for the most part it's because Channing Frye is a better fit at PF then Center and we dont really have a SF so the next best option is a strong but quick PF.

NYKnicks15

Starter
we have a jam at PF and we dont have a SF past Woods. J-Rose came later in the year. David said in the offseason he is going to try to learn how to defend SF's better. meaning hes gonna lose weight most likely. 6'9 is a good size for a PF but Lee is too slow to defend the SF or at least he was last season. soo somethin needs to change. but i like his ability nonetheless just think hes a better PF.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYKnicks15 said:
Free-agent power forward Reggie Evans stopped by the pre-draft camp in Orlando and said he would entertain an offer from the Knicks on July 1st.

The Knicks tried to complete a deal for Evans, but Seattle elected to trade him to Denver in a four-way deal.

"If they contacted me, my ears would be open," Evans said. "I was aware (of their interest). It's always good when a team wants you. I really appreciated it."

taken from the New York Post

Reggie Evans would be great for us. He'd give us rebounding and toughness much like Oakley back in the day. So what if he grabbed Kaman's nuts haha. The only thing that I'm not fond of is our log at PF you have Frye, Lee, Rose and Taylor. Taylor is as good as gone. but sign Evans and its now Frye, Lee, Rose & Evans. Rose would sit the bench. and then you still have a clogged rotation. and if we are going to get any PF I kinda rather have a shotblocking one...

Isiah has some work to do. and with the draft approaching I rather just get a cheap rookie say a Josh Booner or Hilton Amstrong to be our PF dirty man.

I think the LAST thing we need is another udersized PF. Especially one who has the worst shot in NBA history!! I think K-mart is worth the risk. We take on so many bad contracts of players that don't do a damn thing for us; Malik, Taylor, and yes, Frances. He was the last player the Knicks needed! If he was brought aboard soley for trade purposes, then the Knicks didn't do their home work. He has a contract that no one wants. K-mart has a huge contract but at least he can defend. If he splits his time with Frye, that might help to keep him healthy longer. Jalen's contract is expiring but what will it bring us back in a trade if not used for Martin? Since Portland might be sold, I would see if we could get Miles as well.

donchris

If the Knicks bring in Kenyon I'll seriously consider no longer supporting this team. That is the worse possible move they could make. Not only does he have a bad attitude, but his contract would put us in the hole even longer. Right now as of 2008 we're pretty much in the clear. That's just 1.5 years away. Then we can bring in a franchise player if we choose to do so. But that won't happen if we go after Martin. As of the current topic, it can't hurt us to bring in Evans. Any thing is better than keeping all of these gaurds.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
actually, its not the problem of getting an undersized pf, because for evans he has the skill to defend bigger fowards. the problem is his game. the last thing we need is somebody who is good at one thing and sucks horribly at everything else (90% of all the players on our roster). Not that he wont be a bad addition to our team, but aquiring evans would really make butler (remember him?) frye and lee a waste if they're all playing 5-10 min. a game.

Rookie
i'll be very happy if he comes knicks. we need a ribaund monster like him. also he has huge success in defence of big men

donchris

The Knicks need to clear the cap. Houston comes off after next season. One more year then we're free! Picking up Martin is a bassackwards move. He's an over paid bum with a bad attitude and bad knees. We don't need that in NY. We're better off trying to get Camby again. Think about it! Martin makes $70,909,090 over the next 5 years and his game will likely only be good for the next 2.5 yrs. While Camby makes 31 million over the next 4 years. It makes more financial sense to set up a package for Camby.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
donchris said:
The Knicks need to clear the cap. Houston comes off after next season. One more year then we're free! Picking up Martin is a bassackwards move. He's an over paid bum with a bad attitude and bad knees. We don't need that in NY. We're better off trying to get Camby again. Think about it! Martin makes $70,909,090 over the next 5 years and his game will likely only be good for the next 2.5 yrs. While Camby makes 31 million over the next 4 years. It makes more financial sense to set up a package for Camby.

Denver would never trade Camby. Besides, do you remember when he was a Knick? I know he has grown as a player since he was a Knick, but he has also thrived because of the system and being in the west as well. They really need to get a dominate defensive big man! Also, where would you play Camby? At the 4? Or start him at the 5 and bring Curry off the bench?

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Evans is a good player, but he is nothing more than Malik Rose. If Rose got the minutes Evans gets, you would have the same thing. So no thanks to that idea.

If you want to add ANOTHER PF to the team, why not go after one who has skill sets different than the ones we currently have. I like Radmonovic of the Clippers. He could help spread the court cause he can shoot as good as anyone from deep. Plus he is 6'10" and the guy had some awesome fourth quarters for the Clippers this Post Season. He is a very good player.

As fro Curry, he is not that good. For a center not able to rebound, play defense, block shots or pass the ball out of the post at the NBA level is pathetic. He can score, that is it!

Frye will eventually be the center for the team. The Shaq's of the league are a dying breed, the game is evolving to a faster pace and you want a quick center. Lee is no way able to handle the three's of the league, McGrady, Anthony, Lebron would own him! I love his fire, his hustle though.

Trades need to happen... cause we are about to add two more young players to the squad...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
do ya know if isiah still in orlando cuz yesterday i went to rucker part al harrington was in da building, could it mean that he was talkin to someone from the knicks, also mike james was there