What would you give for O'Neal?

NYKnicks15

Starter
So I'm starting to hear a lot of things about Jermaine O'Neal being on the block. Golden State potential partners and Toronto being the front runner. BUT Toronto says they wont include pick number one (expect toronto to trade down to number 3 in a trade that would look like this.. Alvin Williams & number 1 pick FOR Brevin Knight & number 3 pick)..

with that being said.. you see our roster. you see Indy's (who regardless of what they say) are looking to shake things up. They need a C. They'll need a replacement PF. They could use a PG or SG hell they need help everywhere except SF.

so seriously, and within trade restrictions.. what would you offer Indiana?

By the way.. 18 million is what Jermaine makes.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i would try trading...
channing frye
jerome james
quentin richardson

for

jermaine o'neal
& their 1st round draft pick

what do u think?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
With the Knicks luck if we trade Frye for Oneal Frye would turn out to be the next Garnett or something. But it would be nice to have Oneal and Curry. Oneal would kill the cap. I still say go for Harrington. If we can get them both even better.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
O'Neil is a buyer beware! He has taken a beating playing the 5 spot and he is breaking down. I would make a trade for him but NOT Frye as part of the deal. I would rather give up an unprotected pick. The problem is the Pacers will want Frye. So, I think that possibility is probably not a reality. But, knowing Isiah and his brilliant legacy, he might trade both Curry and Frye for O'neil.

The only people worth giving up to get JOneal are: Chokebury, Francis, Malik, Dolan, and Isiah...that's it. Jermaine is past his prime and giving up Frye or Lee for him would be a terrible mistake. C'mon, over the last two seasons he has only player 95 games out of a possible 164. You guys actually think he would get better? It would be Antonio McDyess all over again.

Starks

Starter
Trust me, O'neal isn't going to anywhere but the all-star game in an indy uniform. He and Bird had a long overdue meeting this on wed, and O'neal promised to have a "career year" and get in the best shape of his life for a run deep into the playoffs next season.

Bird would never do anything to help Thomas out of the personel crisis the Knicks have. Plus not even Thomas isn't stupid enough to let go of the best young player we have had since Ewing.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Starks said:
Trust me, O'neal isn't going to anywhere but the all-star game in an indy uniform. He and Bird had a long overdue meeting this on wed, and O'neal promised to have a "career year" and get in the best shape of his life for a run deep into the playoffs next season.

Bird would never do anything to help Thomas out of the personel crisis the Knicks have. Plus not even Thomas isn't stupid enough to let go of the best young player we have had since Ewing.

The only way that will happen is if Indianna gets a True center to compliment O'Neil and let him move back to his natural position, the 4 spot. If the Knicks do trade for him, they better play him at the 4 as well. Like I said earlier, the Pacers will want Frye in the deal and that would be stupid on the Knicks part to make that deal. Lee on the other hand is worth it. I disagree, Lee is a 'tweener and he is an off the bench type guy at best and he would be worth sending over for JO. O'neil is a starting 4, and would bring the type of D that we need up front. You have a 3 man totation of Curry, JO and Fry.... That would be killer!!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy said:
Like I said earlier, the Pacers will want Frye in the deal and that would be stupid on the Knicks part to make that deal. Lee on the other hand is worth it. I disagree, Lee is a 'tweener and he is an off the bench type guy at best and he would be worth sending over for JO.

not for nothin lee started almost all the games when the knicks went on their 6 game win streak. he didnt get injured @ all this year as compared to frye who couldnt finish the season. i think david lee showed more huste than anyone on the team this year.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
If we could get JO for Jerome James, Isiah should go for that one. But O'Neal is too injury-prone and too expensive, he is a really bad passer and has never shown that he could carry a franchise in important games.
I'd rather keep Frye and Lee at PF

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i dunno what ur talkin about pedro. jermaine o neal for jerome james? while were @ it why dont we try to trade malik rose for lebron james. i like both frye and lee dont get me wrong. but neither one of them are 'bangers'. neither one of them is a big presence in the low post. and thats exactly what we need. someone who will pull down @ least 10 boards a game and @ least block a few shots too.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
To get O'neal, two or three of the following players would need to go:

Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Channing Frye, David Lee, Eddy Curry

and a Number One pick!

Plus, Indiana is not going to deal him. You think Larry Bird and Isiah even talk... Isiah was fired in a NY minute when Larry Bird went back to Indiana!

Forget O'neal! Not going to happen.

I want them to try and get Kenyon Martin. I just think he would bring that nasty play we need. I dont know what it would take to get him, but I know the Nuggets need guards. So maybe Q and Francis could pull it. I know some of you hate Kenyon. But Kenyon needs to be back in the East, the boy tore it up on the wing with the Nets.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
DaGreek34 said:
To get O'neal, two or three of the following players would need to go:

Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Channing Frye, David Lee, Eddy Curry

and a Number One pick!

Plus, Indiana is not going to deal him. You think Larry Bird and Isiah even talk... Isiah was fired in a NY minute when Larry Bird went back to Indiana!

Forget O'neal! Not going to happen.

I want them to try and get Kenyon Martin. I just think he would bring that nasty play we need. I dont know what it would take to get him, but I know the Nuggets need guards. So maybe Q and Francis could pull it. I know some of you hate Kenyon. But Kenyon needs to be back in the East, the boy tore it up on the wing with the Nets.

Do you know how much Kenyan gets paid? $70,909,090 million over the next 5 seasons. Don't take my word for it, check out hoop hype.com http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm
Forget about Kenyan. That move will destroy the Knicks for years to come. That $h^t's as bad as the Allan Houston deal.

Rookie
i'd give

francis
frye
and our 29th pick for

jermaine and danny granger

we'd give one of our rookie and the player that nobody want except isiah. and we'd take scorer rookie forward granger and jermaine o'neal
can you imagine eddy curry-jermaine o' neal duo? only there can be a problem for sharing the ball.

pls write comments...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
You want to keep Frye. He will be one of the top scoring big men in the league for years to come. The reason why people are for getting K-mart is that the Knicks really do NOT have too many options! K-mart is a legit defensive player and do not believe for a second that K-mart isn't palying up his injuries to get out of Denver! He hate Karl and wants out of there in the worst way, like Carter did in Toronto, so I think he would make an impact with the Knicks. Then you would bring Frye off the bench. I think that would really make for a fearsome front line! I think Curry will show improvements next season. They should try to trade Frances to the Caves for Larry Huges. He plays strong D at the 2 spot. They should also go after Miles from Portland.
c- Curry/Frye
pf- martin/Frye/Lee
sf- miles/Lee/Rose
sg- Huges/Rose
pg- marbury/Nate

I would sign for that right now!