Thread: KG to be a KING?

Veteran

Default KG to be a KING?

It seems a big rumor going around is Kevin Garnett will go to Sacramento in exchange for Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas and Bonzi Wells. That trade could really revamp the T-Wolves then having a lineup of-

Brad Miller
    Kenny Thomas
    Ricky Davis
    Bonzi Wells
    Marcus Banks

Sacramento on the other hand would be a scary team needs a C-
    Kevin Garnett
    Ron Artest
    Kevin Martin
    Mike Bibby

This is a legit idea going around.. what do you think?

why would the Mchale do that? Im sure he can get a better offer for KG. Bonzi Wells is this year's Jerome James, he wont do crap in 82 regular season games. Plus Davis is overated as it. And Miller, I dont see him fitting in to that roster.

But the Kings would be a top5 team in west

WHATTTT?!?!?

sacramento would be insane. they wouldnt even need a center really they would have a line-up like this...

pg- mike bibby
    sg- kevin martin
    sf- ron artest
    pf- shareif abdur-raheim
    c- kevin garnett

if this happens i think it's safe to say the kings would be a championship caliber team.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

That is the best possible deal the T-wolves can get for KG. That's right! No responsible team will trade all of their assets for one aging Power forward. Even if he is KG. Bonzi Wells was injured the majority of the season but there's no question dude can play. He can play his @$$ off! The Wolves would be back and the Kings will be a force to be reckoned with. That is the best mutually beneficial deal I've heard of so far.

u dont think the wolves can get better for the 'big ticket'? c'mon now, bonzi is a free agent now and after playing his ass off for 6 games in the post-season he'll be expectin mega bucks. he averaged over 11ppg more in the post season then the regular season. he needs to put #'s up like that thru the whole season. starks is right he is this years jerome james. not to mention he's a trouble-maker. brad miller is a decent center but he doesn't put up even close 2 the #'s kg puts up a night. and kenny thomas? i barely ever heard the guy mentioned b4. the wolves can do a lot better. kg puts up 20+ points and 15+ boards a game.

if i were the knicks id offer w/e it takes 2 get him...

channing frye ($2.3 mill)
    steve francis (15 mill)
    quentin richardson (7.5 mill)

for kevin garnett ($20 mill)
    and their 1st round pick (#6)

that would give them a starting 5 of...
    pg- steve francis
    sg- quentin richardson
    sf- ricky davis
    pf- channing frye
    c- mark blount

the knicks on the other hand...
    pg- stephon marbury
    sg- jamal crawford
    sf- al harrington (hopefully) via jalen rose & nate robinson
    pf- KEVIN GARNETT
    c- eddy curry

and kg wouldnt be in the west which would deft benifet the t-wolves.

i dont think garnett to ny is reasonable at this point without at least 2 rookies being involved, which isiah would rather kill his moms than trading the rookies. as for kg to sacto, this seems really benefitial to both teams, while being reasonable. garnett can easily play center with rahim inserted back into the starting line up. and getting to what starks said, no bonzi is definitly not a jerome james. he can easily avg. 20 pts and 6 rebounds, he was hampered by injuries this year with a torn groin but proved he can ball during the playoffs and the games he appeared in. this trade is def. plausible

bonzi never averaged 20ppg in a season, his entire 10 year career. his career average is 12.8ppg 4.7rpg. i dont know i think the kings would be stealing KG for those 3 players. the wolves would struggle to try n make the playoffs and the kings on the other hand would have 'dynasty' written all over them.

ok b4 anyone says nething. i may have went a lil far with the word 'dynasty'. they would still be a hell of a team tho.

Originally Posted by ny3nyk
    i dont think garnett to ny is reasonable at this point without at least 2 rookies being involved, which isiah would rather kill his moms than trading the rookies. as for kg to sacto, this seems really benefitial to both teams, while being reasonable. garnett can easily play center with rahim inserted back into the starting line up. and getting to what starks said, no bonzi is definitly not a jerome james. he can easily avg. 20 pts and 6 rebounds, he was hampered by injuries this year with a torn groin but proved he can ball during the playoffs and the games he appeared in. this trade is def. plausible
    NY doesn't have what it takes to get Garnett. Frye, while showing what he could be if he continues to develop, is not enough to get him. Chicago probably has the best chance to put a package together that can land him. But, he is 10 years in the league and that is a lot of wear and tare on a players body. IF the wolves trade him, and I do not think it will happen this year, they will want to use that trade to help them rebuild. The Knicks could give them salary relief and a young gun like Frye but the Bulls can give them mulitple your players that can fill a couple positions. Bonzi Wells is a player that I really like. He would be great on the Knicks, especially if Brown is the coach but unless the Kincks can dump a couple of their over paid guards, he is not a player that they could use and not enough to get KG to the Kings either. Brad has made it clear that when he becomes a free agent, he wants to finish his career with the Pacers so that is a deterent for any team to make an investment in.