Free Agents

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Check out ESPN's 2006 Free Agent list. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2441631

Of every one on the list my favorites for the Knicks are Al Harrington of the Atlanta Hawks and Steve Blake of the Portland Trail Blazers. This will give us a defensive small foward, which we need the most, and a "pass first" point guard. We can trade Francis and Richardson and move Marbury to shooting guard. The line up would look like this:

Curry
Frye
Harrington
Marbury backed up by Crawford
Blake

We'd still have a solid bench with the rookies and Crawford, and we'd have a potential playoff worthy team. What do you think?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
blake would probably want to stay with maryland teammate dixon in portland and it seems he likes it there. look for disgruntled pg bobby jackson to have interest in ny, and marcus banks would also be a good addition seeing how he will probably test the market.

Starks

Starter
Something tells me Portland is lookin to send us all their baggage since no one else wants them. Miles, Randolph and Telfair come to mind... Yippy!!! more disgruntled players.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Marcus Banks will sign with the Lakers to clear that up.

umm where to begin? Starks is right, look for PO to try to trade all its disgruntled guys to us. I wouldnt mind Miles at all BUT we dont need Randolph or Blake.

Al Harrington is still our best bet. His only true choice besides us is Chicago and since Chicago and LA are working on a deal that would have Lamar Odom go to the Bulls for the second pick (possibly) they wont need another SF. Al Harrington should be our number one priority this offseason.

and Steph at the 2? you dont know how much i hate this idea. he barely can hit the three ball and not to mention hes 6'2? please just ship him or Francis to Atlanta.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
NYKnicks15 said:
Marcus Banks will sign with the Lakers to clear that up.

umm where to begin? Starks is right, look for PO to try to trade all its disgruntled guys to us. I wouldnt mind Miles at all BUT we dont need Randolph or Blake.

Al Harrington is still our best bet. His only true choice besides us is Chicago and since Chicago and LA are working on a deal that would have Lamar Odom go to the Bulls for the second pick (possibly) they wont need another SF. Al Harrington should be our number one priority this offseason.

and Steph at the 2? you dont know how much i hate this idea. he barely can hit the three ball and not to mention hes 6'2? please just ship him or Francis to Atlanta.

steph cant play the 2 cuz he cant shoot the three???steph is not that bad from three and i rather see stephon shooting than passing cuz in my opinion marbury is one of the hardest players the guard...you dont have to be a good 3 point shooter to play the 2, ask jordan

NYKnicks15

Starter
lets stick to the original topic of this forum man.
BUT yea i'd like a Shooting guard WHO can actually shoot. Dwayne wade can get away with it because he atleast as size. but steph doesnt have that to make up for the fact that he doesnt shoot all that well. dont get me wrong hes an alright shooter and a good scorer but i like my shooting guards to be SHOOTING guards not LAY UP guards. just a personal preference.

I like Marbury, I'm a fan of his. BUT I'd rather see him shoot 30 shots a game somewhere else.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Interesting point. I agree AL should be our top priority, but even if we move Francis for him we still have to many guards. Every one seems to like Nate Robinson. I think he's a good player with a future but assuming we trade Francis for Harrington, we still dont need Nate, Jamal, Jalen, Qyntel, Quentin and Steph. Frye is good but I like him better coming off the bench. So we could go for a PF, which is most likely Isiah's next move. Your right 15. I've heard this before from seasoned Knicks fans. Marbury needs to work on his jump shot. Still right now he remains the only consistent scorer on the team, so for that reason it makes sense to move him to the 2 spot. All things considered I still would like a young true point guard the likes of Blake or Claxton to at least back up the aging Marbury.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I never liked the idea of moving starbury to the 2 for several reasons. He's not the type of guard that you run set plays for...he has more of a freestyle game so if you move him to the 2 guard then the only thing you're doing is running the iso and that can be shut down with a lankier guard. Another reason is from the PG position he can use his playmaker ability more than at the SG. At the SG the defense will be more prepared for the penetration because you're attacking from angles instead of straight down the middle. At the PG, you can attack straight down the middle, collapse the D and force the D to play to your game. Also if you put starbury at the 2 then you can't play a backcourt tandem in the backcourt which would make our backcourt even deadlier. I'd rather see starbury team up with a combo guard such as JC or the franchise so if someone is hot then they can switch positions. Starbury's passing ability and court vision is being underrated and moving him to the SG will drop his assists drastically. All in all moving starbury to the SG will weaken our scoring flexabilty in the backcourt and changing our more potent offense into a 2 option offense. Picking up Al is a must and trading Q for him must be made. Our backourt is set, the only problem is that it's crowded so trading some of them for a perimeter defender would be good.