[NY Post] Brown Has No Say For Knick Draft

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the brown saga will end in about 8 days, and larry will eventually be fired

• In another drive-by interview yesterday one block from the Knicks' Westchester practice facility, Larry Brown said he is willing to give Isiah Thomas his input into next Wednesday's NBA Draft but hasn't been asked.

Team owner James Dolan is planning to dismiss Brown, and signals are very strong inside the organization he finally will end the charade in the next eight days.

Brown hasn't been on speaking terms with Thomas for three weeks. Brown is only being asked to run the workouts, not to give feedback on players. That's like asking Picasso to paint your garage, asking Heather Locklear to do a radio ad, like asking Einstein to teach second-grade math.

Last summer, Thomas compared Brown to Einstein. But now Thomas treats the mad basketball genius like a pariah. In defiance of the Knicks' gag order, Brown said from his gray Audi, "I'm having fun working the guys out. This is what I love to do. I'm sure when the draft comes I have a lot of knowledge about the guys we worked out. If they need me, I'll offer my assistance."

More of this..

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Good... I hate Larry Brown... over-rated, over-hyped..

He was told one thing not to do and that is go to the media with his problems and he did it... not just once twice, he kept doing it..

He is a joke... and walked into a perfect situation with the Pistons.

Like the owner of the Pistons said, Brown is a bad person.

Allen

Benchwarmer
I believe LB is great couch...screw dolan and his temper tantrums about speaking to the media. I firmly believe that had LB stayed with the pistons this season they would be in the finals now. Flip Suanders is a great regular season couch but a horrible play-off couch. He almost got his butt handed to him by lebron and the cavs, then he actually did get his butt handed to him by miami. Yeah LB walked into a perfect situation alright.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You can't blame Flip for the loss. The Pistons ran out of gass. Plus Pat Riley is one of the greatest coaches of all time so you can't compare the two. Back to Brown, remember this guy was in talks with the Cavs and the Knicks while his team was in the playoffs. If those reports are true his actions were bad timing and in poor taste.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
a coach isnt just someone to call out plays 4 the point guard to run, or determine who goes into the game and who comes out. a true coach is more than that. a true coach is someone who inspires their players when times get rough. he gives them confidence when things aren't looking so good. he makes them believe they can overcome their opponent. a real coach doesn't kick his players while their down. i dont consider LB a coach anymore and hopefully within the next 8 days he wont be. i think of him as an arrogant asshole with too much power. he doesnt know how 2 take blaim for anything (including the 04 olympic team or house hunting in cleveland while his pistons are going into the finals). and he prolly sucks off @ least 5-10 reporters from the new york post, daily news, and newsday. i hope dolan and isiah fire him publicly. after all this publicity this sh*t has drawn they might as well.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Larry Brown has accomplished countless achievements during his coaching career, but he just isn't the coach for the knicks. The coach we need is a person that can get in starbury's face without insulting him publicly or in the locker room. The coach we need is a person that can put a fire under curry and the spirit back in the garden. Again larry has accomplished many achievements but winning with the knicks isn't one of them. He is an old school coach with a new age team. You don't run strictly a half court offense with this team....you run when given the chance and make the defense pay when they're slacking. We have a young, confident, athletic, and dangerous team with the right coaching and the right attitude. Just look at our roster....no can say that this isn't a playoff roster. Saying starbury and the franchise in the same offense is potent enough. Now adding JC, Eddy Curry, Jalen Rose, Channing Frye and possibly Nate Robinson to the picture and you have winning a winning attitude for the near future. The biggest problem is consistency and chemistry...once we get passed the two we will be on the high rise to success. Hopefully our new coach won't switch the lineup 50 times and destroy the confidence in our young players. Bottom line get rid of LB and get a coach that can fulfill the needs of our young players and fits the style of our roster.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You're absolutely correct newbie. The Knicks need a coach that knows the balance between offense and defense. A coach that can uplift the team and have a good relationship with the players and I'm sure Isiah will be that coach. HAHA! It's going to happen man.

Allen

Benchwarmer
It's a shame that LB will be fired or whatever in the next few days. This is probably the last time a couch of LB's calibure will couch the knicks. After this fiasco with LB it is a good bet that not a lot of couches will want to deal with dolan's crap. This is also the last stop for It as well, if he fails and its inevitable that Thomas will fail with this roster. Thomas doesn't exactly have a stellar resume as a head couch.There won't be another big job waiting for him after this.
I'm sorry but I just don't see the current roster as play-off calibure team. Contrary to popular opinion. Its true that we have more talent but talent doesn't always lead to wins. I just don't see the kind of leadership from Francis and Marbury that will lead to wins let alone a play-off birth. They haven't won anything in the past so I doubt they will win anything now even with Isiah Thomas as couch.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I hope badly that this nightmare of the Brown-Knicks-relationship ends at least.
The sooner, the better.
After what happened in the last few weeks there will be no chance for Brown to come back at all, 'cause how should a coach, who gets obviously no backup by the management, earn the respect of his team.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
The Brown and Knick marriage wont end soon. I am happy it wont too. Larry Brown is basically trying to take all the money! This is no different to what he did to the Pistons. He wants to take a whole lot of money. If I was Knick brass, I would just say take this 10 million and be gone. If Brown says no, then ok, you arent coaching us anymore, but you can be the consultant for say our popcorn sales department. It would eat him up!

We need a coach who relates the players, who the players WANT to fight for. A coach who is willing to let his young players get CONSISTENT minutes, a coach who understands where the NBA is heading. The game is getting faster and so we need a coach who wants to run.

Larry Browns reasons for not running last year was BS! Here you had the team captain go to him and ask the coach to loosen the reigns a little to see how they would do running. Larry Brown lets them, FOR HALF A GAME! I hate watching the Knick games, on EVERY POSSESION, Brown would jump up and call a play! Let the team play....]