Donovan our new coach?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Although denying it heavily it is still rumored that if Larry Brown is indeed gone as the head coach of the New York Knicks Billy Donovan could be very well in.

Billy Donovan last year led his underestimated Florida Gators into the final four and then the finals where they grabbed the NCAA Championship.

He denied reports that Isiah and the Knicks had contacted him earlier in the week about being the new head coach...

Is he lying? and is he a good choice?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'd stay away from college coaches. They are notoriously bad NBA coaches and all are bad the first few years in the league. It's been slow for the papers and they are desperate for a story right now. My guess is that Zek will take over. If you think about it, it's the best move. If you love Zek or if you hate him, taking over as head coach will ether expose his genious or his ignorance. Personally I think it's the best move.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I guess, there a only 2 ways for Zeke to save his ass: Either he takes over as head coach or he finds a coach who is stupid enough to get involved in this mess and believes that he can form a competitive team out of Zeke's bunch of "assets"

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Dont forget Zeke had the Pacers on the bring of winning an NBA Title. He made the playoffs each time he coached there. Plus he was a vital part of the development of O'Neil and Tinsley. Zeke will have his players playing hard, they WILL WANT to give their all for the guy. Plus Zeke may just let the team run. Let's get an East Coast version of the Suns.

Donovan is not leaving! Not yet atleast, he wants the back to back. This would really cement the dudes legacy.

But I think Donovan will be in the NBA soon, he is a offensive genius and well the way the NBA is going, this makes sense. You need new coaches who want to push the ball. I think he would be highly successful.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
FLipfacTion4LyfE said:
damn am i the only KEEP-Larry supporter? blah

As much as I wanted Larry to succeed, it just wasn't working out in NY. If your star player isn't on the same page as your coach, there are definitely going to be problems. All that talk of Marbury "loving" Larry is pure BS. I'm sure Marbury knew that LB was on his way out when he made that comment. If you had to place a finger on who is the leader on this team, it would most likely be Marbury. If the team leader showed dissent with the coach, it's only natural that the others who disagreed with the coach to do the same.

There's no way that we could trade and/or cut everyone who didn't get along with Larry or fit into his way of playing. Hopefully Isaiah can do the things that Larry wasn't able to accomplish with this team. The one good thing about Isaiah taking over is that we don't have to add an additional salary to pay for another coach.