NBA Offseason Movement

NYKnicks15

Starter
And I take that back. After a few days of collecting his thoughts Mike James has decided to sign with Minnesota. He chose this over Dallas and Houston. The deal is said to be around 25 million for 4 years.

Marcus Banks will be headed else where. And in other news, Atlanta is now allowed to sign free agents AND trade for players with multiyear contracts. BUT neither beyond 4 years.

NYKnicks15

Starter
DALLAS- will sign Greg Buckner.

Expect this to follow up a trade where Jerry Stackhouse will go to Denver for Kenyon Martin.. I'll keep you updated,.

NYKnicks15

Starter
PHILADELPHIA- Has resigned Willie Green & Slavik Randolph.

SAN ANTONIO- Has signed former New Jersey point guard Jacque Vaughn and has signed Centers Francisco Elson and our restricted free agent Jackie Butler to offer sheets

NYKnicks15

Starter
UTAH- has come to terms with Jarron Collins.
ORLANDO- has signed Keith Bogans
TORONTO- has signed Anthony Parker & John Salmons
LA LAKERS- sign Shammond Williams.

NYKnicks15

Starter
MIAMI- Will resign Alonzo Mourning
CHICAGO- Signs Adrian Griffin to a 3 year deal (looks like they are going after Drew Gooden)

NYKnicks15

Starter
I hope after this trade goes through that people stop riding the nuts of Paxson cause this is a dumbass move. Just after acquiring PJ Brown and JR Smith (adding size to their very small backcourt) from NO for the small price of Tyson Chandler and looking good in that move... he trades JR SMITH to DENVER for HOWARD EISLEY and TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS.

umm okay?

CHICAGO- Howard Eisley & 2 2nd Round Picks
DENVER- JR Smith

nba_fan

Rookie
NYKnicks15 said:
I hope after this trade goes through that people stop riding the nuts of Paxson cause this is a dumbass move. Just after acquiring PJ Brown and JR Smith (adding size to their very small backcourt) from NO for the small price of Tyson Chandler and looking good in that move... he trades JR SMITH to DENVER for HOWARD EISLEY and TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS.

umm okay?

CHICAGO- Howard Eisley & 2 2nd Round Picks
DENVER- JR Smith

Looks like Paxson is making this move to clear salary to sign Griffin.... Chicago was already loaded with guards and with JR work ethic there is no way Skiles or Paxson wanted him around...

they got cap relief with the 2nd round picks since they are not guaranteed contracts....not a bad move when you look at the whole picture

NYKnicks15

Starter
more cap room? I didnt know 1mil was a lot of burden. also they only have Duhon, Hinrich and Gordon signed on for next season. That's all the guards they have. And all under 6'3. Work ethic? This is coming from an organization who has Mike Sweetney and had Eddy Curry.. so I'm sure they could find a way to coach him into good work ethic. Thats Skiles job.

nba_fan

Rookie
NYKnicks15 said:
more cap room? I didnt know 1mil was a lot of burden. also they only have Duhon, Hinrich and Gordon signed on for next season. That's all the guards they have. And all under 6'3. Work ethic? This is coming from an organization who has Mike Sweetney and had Eddy Curry.. so I'm sure they could find a way to coach him into good work ethic. Thats Skiles job.

Cap wise unlike us Knicks they are trying to stay under the luxury cap...so by clearing almost 2 million they were able to sign Adrian Griffin and stay under the cap.

As for work ethic...they traded Curry and this is Sweets last year in chicago unless he improves his conditioning....Tim Thomas had a bad work ethic and they had him sit out the season...so I didnt expect JR Smith to last in chicago either. Byron Scott had alot of problems with him and was very open about his lack of d and his bad work ethic.

NYKnicks15

Starter
PHEONIX- signs Marcus Banks to a 5 year deal

That's all true, I'm just saying if you are a good coach you can work a player not just kick him to the curb in a matter of days because of first impression or what you heard.

And no they arent avoiding luxury tax (theyd be avoiding that to begin with). They are at 46 million with JR Smith.. the cap is set at 53. They are 7 under with him. And JR makes only 1 million this year.. they signed Adrian for more. sooo to me it was stupid move.. that and I hate Paxson/Skiles the bulls in general :)

NYKnicks15

Starter
SAN ANTONIO- signs Jackie Butler to a 3 year 7 million dollar deal.

Funny that the two last C's we've lost/gave up have both been the starting centers for the San Antonio Spurs.

portega1968

El Cacique
This has been a very active offseason in the NBA... Colangelo has injected tons of talent to the Raps roster.

It's funny how the Knicks have stayed idle during this upheaval... I'm starting to think we'll start the season with what we have.

NYKnicks15

Starter
TORONTO- signs Jorge Garbajosa and will sign Fred Jones soon. John Salmons has backed out of his trade to them.

SAN ANTONIO- signs Francisco Elson

on a side note.. i was looking at the knicks roster page today. and it lists Channing Frye as simply a Center and Curry as a Center/Forward.. interesting.. a sign of things to come?

NYKnicks15

Starter
SACRAMENTO- signs John Salmons.. and lets Bonzi Wells walk..

should be interesting. If Indy still goes for that Foster/jasikivicus trade for Bonzi.. Indy will be a force in the east