Split topic: Blog Team

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
the knicks suck. isiah sucks. i predicted this pathetic mediocrity LONG AGO. go back and check my posts from years ago.

eddy curry sucks. he will never be more than a 14 and 7 guy. trade him while there are still possibly other suckers out there who think he can be something.

marbury sucks. nuff said. hes a loser, always has been.

francis sucks. things didnt work out in houston, orlando, so they found a sucker gm (isiah) to take him. get rid of him.

jalen rose sucks. old guy. cancer in clubhouse. bad attitude.

jamal crawford sucks. too skinny and not dominant enough to compete with the elite two guards. not a good enough passer to be a point.

the core of this team SUCKS.

some guys like frye, lee and nate at least hustle and are halfway decent to watch.

if i were the owner, i would fire isiah, completely unload the roster, go to the lottery a couple of years, and build a new team.

unfortunately, this will never happen.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
oh yeah - larry brown is the worst coach in the nba.

he sucks.

old school, old fashioned.

doesnt realize that every team is different, you have to adjust to what u got, not make what you got adjust to the way u like to coach.

he is so stupid i wish i could make everyone see.

mdelton

Rookie
So MVP, how do you fix it.

MVP,

I read your comments, and like youself I am a frustrated Knicks fan. I can not say that I agree with all of your comments, but I agree with with more than I disagree with. But as I hope from those in my organization - don't reiterate problems, give me solutions.

So, how would you go about fixing the Knicks?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
He doesn't have a way to fix the kicks. Just wants to say every one sucks. If your a real fan and your team sucks you dont say my team sucks. You say my team is rebuilding. My advice change your name!

jffga

Rookie
Re: So MVP, how do you fix it.

mdelton said:
MVP,

I read your comments, and like youself I am a frustrated Knicks fan. I can not say that I agree with all of your comments, but I agree with with more than I disagree with. But as I hope from those in my organization - don't reiterate problems, give me solutions.

So, how would you go about fixing the Knicks?

How's this for a solution ... FIRE THOMAS. I can hardly wait to watch the results of his genius in general management where he will now be forced into coaching the sorry ass bunch of loser friends he hired.

Mark my words, we WILL see Thomas FALL flat on his ass now that he has no one to blame for the horrendous mistakes he’s been allowed to make, after which we WILL then see his sorry dumb ass run out of town as well. The next question is what can the NBA do to force Dolan out of the ownership picture. Dolan is the biggest piece of shit ever to have smeared himself across the bottom of the Knick’s, and the fan’s, shoes. Dolan stinks to high heaven, is a complete and utter Neanderthal and has absolutely no sense for basketball, hockey or anything else for that matter. Dolan IS the sole source of the Knick’s problems. PERIOD. I’m sure some type of corruption charges about this guy will surface eventually. If the NBA is smart they’ll start digging into some of his dealings. I’m sure they wont have to dig very far to find something they’ll be able to use to force his dirty ass out the MSG picture once and for all.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Not sure what the last posting has to do with the Blog team but I wanted to point out a few things in response. First it is not an owners responsiblity to be a basketball expert. It is their responsiblity to understand business and like it or not Dolian is a business man. So far he's done a good job of selling out the garden. That's what he wants MONEY. If you're really pissed then stop watching and going to the games. It's the only real way to respond. Jimmy doesn't care about your picketing and protesting. I could protest that you go sell your car. How does that really affect you? You'd tell me to go #$#$% my self. As far as Thomas is concerned, I understand that alot of people don't like him but wanting Thomas to fail is the same as wanting the Knicks to lose. And if you want the Knicks to lose you're not a fan.

hnotk

Rookie
Don't entirely agree with Donchris's last post. I guess there are many industries that it is appropriate to view as nothing more than investment opportunities, but there are some that should transcend that cynicism -- if you don't have a heart for live theater, don't own theaters; ditto sports teams. Go own a coal mine instead, or a car rental dealership. Not that Dolan has shown himself to be much of a businessman, just a lucky guy whom daddy gave a bluechip sports franchise to play with.

But therein lies the problem. For too long -- ever since I've been following the Knicks, actually (19 years), the ownership has viewed the team as nothing more than a means to put bums on MSG seats, and, over the years, too many on the roster (and their agents) have viewed the Knicks as a gravy train, or a forum for flexing their egos (Patrick, you know who you are). The passion has been supplied by the odd coach and the occasional player, not always the most talented but doing his best to make up for what he lacks in innate skills with heart (John Starks, you know who you are).

How many games have we all seen, over the years, where the Knicks have fielded a bunch of individuals, not a TEAM; where even the franchise's heavy hitters lumber up and down the court like they're more focused on how their stock portfolio is doing, or where they're going to go for dinner, than on delivering a great game for the fans.

The fans. Remember them?

For too long, Knicks Incorporated has taken them for granted. Whether you're watching on TV, sitting in the gods, or Spike Lee, your attention and money have always been there, the belief goes, and they always will be. The Knicks don't have to win, or even break too much of a sweat trying to win. All they have to do is give the franchise the least difficult tweak -- hire a high-profile coach, say -- when the fans get restless. The bigwigs in the back office don't really CARE.

When I look back at any NBA championship winners since I've been following the game, whether they consist of 15 hardworking journeymen or superstars and support players, they all have one thing in common. They worked as a TEAM, from minute 1 to minute 48, selflessly and with a determination not to let the other guys past them that hardly ever flags. In the great teams, even the superstars subsume their egos to the good of the team. When was the last time you could say that about the Knicks?

Enough high-falutin' theorizing. Back to the issues at hand.

Larry Brown's hiring a year ago was just the tweak du jour. Dolan was not interested in Brown doing what was really needed to make the Knicks a contender, if what was needed was going to make his (Dolan's) and his golden boy's (Thomas) prior moves in the supposed grand scheme to rebuild the team look wrong-headed. Larry Brown was hired simply to fill Larry Brown's suit, because having Larry Brown's suit on the sideline in place of Herb Williams's was felt to be necessary to guarantee another year of sellouts at the Garden.

If the Knicks are going to be salvaged, it won't be Dolan who does it, or Thomas. It's time for the fans to step up. The fans need to serve notice on the franchise -- by their absence for a season -- that they're tired of being treated as an easy meal-ticket.

jffga

Rookie
donchris said:
Not sure what the last posting has to do with the Blog team but I wanted to point out a few things in response. First it is not an owners responsiblity to be a basketball expert. It is their responsiblity to understand business and like it or not Dolian is a business man. So far he's done a good job of selling out the garden....

Ok, let’s clarify something here: Jim Dolan and Isiah Thomas are at the helm of this business as you like to call it. As fans we tend to refer to it as the Knick’s existing state of ruination. Try arguing that.

As far as your comment about an owner not being required to know anything about what his business is supposed to be about, I have to ask, are you on Dolan's payroll too or just nuts? I'm at a loss for words (not really) as to how anyone can make such a ridiculous statement!? Who's responsible for hiring people to run your business if it's not YOU, the owner? How the hell are you going to hire people who know what their doing and who will make your business successful if YOU, the OWNER, don't know anything about the business? Lets define what successful means in the case of the Knick's organization. Is it all about selling seats to people like you, because they sure as hell ain't gonna sell them to me so my money can go to pay Isiah (I'm getting sued for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT) Thomas and his bunch of slacker looser friends that he hired, or is it about putting a winning team together, which includes hiring a GENERAL MANAGER WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HE'S DOING?? In the case of both Isiah Thomas and Jim Dolan's neither of them have a clue about putting a successful team together. That’s what fans want, an owner who has absolutely no knowledge, clue, heart or common interest as a fan for the very business he’s responsible for running. In this case the business is basketball and winning, not selling seats. Instead we have Dumb and Dumber; the two stooges running a basketball team, right into the ground, BUT people keep coming to the games so HEY! we must be doing something right!!??? I side with hnotk, if you don't like pizza or know what the hell a pizza is supposed to smell and taste like and you don’t even like eating pizza then stay the hell out of the pizza business. Unfortunately, In this case the Knicks they smell like shit from the very top right down to the bottom of the rankings.

donchris said:
Not sure what the last posting has to do with the Blog team ...

PS ... it was in response to the question about what fans would do to turn the team around. Get a clue instead of trying to be a wiseguy.