Isiah & Marbury or LB & "his system"

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
we have another 3-4 months b4 next season. i cant wait. there is too much bickering and pointing the finger goin on. this is the only way to see who knows what their talkin about and who doesnt.

If u have faith in our new coach and the captain of the team then simply reply
'I trust in Marbury and Thomas'

If u think isiah shoulda been fired a long time ago and that stephon is a 'cancer' that should be removed... If you think dolan shoulda trusted old man brown and tryed to get his style of players then reply...
'We shoulda went w/ LB and his system'

I think it's obvious that isiah or anyone for that matter could coach the team with their eyes closed and get a better record then last years. so we'll put it this way. if the knicks make the postseason under thomas this year then his supporters were right. if he doesnt then i guess he hasnt assembled as good a team as his supporters thought. if LB goes to another town then we can add a twist to this to see whos a better coach. but thats a big IF. so for now we'll leave it @ this...

e_D

Benchwarmer
Steph and Thomas (for the good of this franchise, I really hope i'm right)

Truthfully though, I think we're screwed either way.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It looks like none of the anti Marbury, anti Isiah's have responded yet. The funny thing about all of this is it's not like we have a choice! The good thing regardless of weather you like him or not is that Thomas built the team and in theory would know their strenghts and weaknesses. So we can expect that he will get the most out of this roster. Sense trading every one is not an option at least we have some one runing things that knows the team's strenghs and weaknesses.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
This is an easy one, I trust Zeke and Marbury.

Larry Brown is a dinosaur and he needs to go off to his pasture(college campus) and teach his ways. He wants to lie, belittle and anger his players he can get away with it at the college level. NOT THE NBA.

What he has done the past two years now at the NY and Detroit owners is pathetic. Stern works for the owners, so Stern had better walk a fine line when dealing with this. It could have a huge ripple affect.

Zeke has a team and I am so tired of everyone saying the team lacks talent. There is a ton of talent on the team. Heck Marbury and Francis in the back together I see UNSTOPABLE especially in an uptempo offense. Then you add hardnosed Q, speedy Crawford and ontop of that the Rooks, Lee, Frye and Nate. Then we have Curry...

I like the team actually. Ok I dont like Curry that much cause he cant rebound or play defense yet, and BOTH of them aspects of the game are due to lack of trying. But he is very young still.

The roster is good, we have a good mix. The one guy I really don't trust at all is Mo Taylor and Jalen Rose. I would like to see both of them sent packing.. Maybe for a First Round Pick next year since they both have expiring contracts some team will want them.

Lets hope, Zeke listens to Marbury and lets this team run! We should be able to run off a lot of teams OFF THE GARDEN FLOOR. Nate, Lee alone seem to be SPARK PLUGS big time.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
It looks like none of the anti Marbury, anti Isiah's have responded yet. The funny thing about all of this is it's not like we have a choice! The good thing regardless of weather you like him or not is that Thomas built the team and in theory would know their strenghts and weaknesses. So we can expect that he will get the most out of this roster. Sense trading every one is not an option at least we have some one runing things that knows the team's strenghs and weaknesses.

@donchris

I totally agree with you, it's the only chance to make this roster work, and probably it's also Zeke's last chance.
Since we couldn't have changed our complete roster, I have to vote for
"Zeke and Marbury"

Starks

Starter
We don't have a choice. Thomas is a joke of an exec, and just average as coach. The Pacers reached the finals a season b4 Thomas, and never got out of the first round with him. Once Thomas left, the Pacers were back to finals' favorites.

However, with the roster of misfits and overpaid NBA castoffs that are all on the knicks, I can't think of a more appropriate coach than Isaiha. Like Mike and the Maddog said, this is going to be Thomas' punishment.

Mark my words, by no means is Thomas a coach any team would want to have. We may have a better record next year, but we will always be the joke of the NBA. But again, for our current roster, Thomas would be best coach since Brown didn't fit in.

If it was up to me, the entire team would be traded except for Frye and Lee, and I would do my best to have Stan Van Gundy, or even Jeff back once he gets fired next year.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Starks, stop living in the past. Van Gundy is not the answer and he cant get it done in Houston with an elite center and small forward. Sad, but Stan is a dinosaur as well. The game is changing folks, wake up and realize this. The game is not going to be a slugfest, clogged in the middle anymore. The quicker guards are really making things happen and the game is picking up in speed. Teams are running again and this is great for us fans. Just cause recently our Knick teams were good when we were hardnosed SOB's doesn't mean our current team can evolve into that! It is far from that actually and more close to the run and gun teams that are taking over the NBA. Teams tempo is what hurts others.

Our Knicks roster is not terrible, yeah we may have a Log Jam at PF and SG but that will be ok. Plus, Jalen Rose and Mo taylor contracts are done after this year, so it isn't as dire as others may think. You also need to realize, the sports media guys DONT HAVE ANYTHING to do or report right now, until training camps start for the NFL. So they are ALL jumping on and hammering this. The problem is few want to say Larry Brown is the blame. He did a terrible job and so we move on now. Zeke may not have gotten the Pacers out of the First Round, but HE GOT THEM TO THE PLAYOFFS and he helped further the development of Tinsley and O'Neil.

Zeke is a risk taker and he will listen. First thing first, HE WONT be scared to play Francis and Marbury together. Now, what we need is a 3 and a 4 with range on their jumpshots cause these two guards is going to penetrate all day. THIS IS WHY I WANT THE KNICKS TO go and get Radmonovic. We need another SHOOTER from deep, NOT ANOTHER scorer.

This teams roster isnt as bad as some say.

jimkcchief88

All Star
When people talk about how the game has changed, I think about the movie "HOOSIERS." Specifically when the team from Hickory was all freaked out playin the big city team in the big city gym. So Gene Hackman has the kids start measuring out the dimensions of the court... My point is the game has not changed a whole heck of a lot. The league does not allow the bruiser defense the 90's Knicks were famous for, but other than that the game is the same. LB won a championship 2 years ago and he's a dinosaur??? When was Isiah's last championship??? I know LB has a big ego, but at least he can coach. He has won on all levels of hoops. What's Isiah's coaching resume????? :?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
larry brown has been coachin since the 70s. and he won 1 nba championship. in case u forgot were in 2006. 31 years of coaching and he won one ring! thats not that great of an accomplishment. when he says dinosaur, yea he means he's an old bastard. it took him almost 30 years to become a champion. i dont know about u but i dont like his 30-1 odds. isiah is 3-3 for bringin his team into the postseason. hopefully after this season he'll be 4-4.
:hump:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
In Brown's defense (Get it Defense) he is the only coach in sports history to win an NCAA and NBA championship. Unlike Pat Riley and Phil Jackson, Larry Brown did not always coach championship caliber teams. Nor did he only look to coach those types of teams as Phil Jackson did. So I've got to give Brown alot of credit. However, he used poor judgment when it came to the Knicks. There really is no excuse for is actions. You don't approve the trades of two star players and put them on the bench. You don't join a team and complain that every one should be traded. You don't air out your team's dirty laundry and you don't attempt to go over your bosses head. It's almost an endless list of things NOT to do. This is defiantly a move in the right direction.

jimkcchief88

All Star
He also won a NCAA championship with KU in 1988. How many coaches have college and pro titles on thier resume??? (Sorry I didn't see what Donchris posted above so now I'll just say) DITTO

NYKnicks15

Starter
Alright sticking to topic..
Larry Brown is not the coach for THIS roster.
Not only did Larry sabotage the season he didnt utilize what we had.
Before signing he KNEW the talent, and he signed on ANYWAY.

So let's say we trade away all the guys we have for Larry Brown's type players. We'd be trash. Theo Ratliff, Eric Snow cmon guys. you really think thats the style we should go in?

Isiah said he built this team for a pheonix style basketball club and thats what hell run. and you know what? itll work. and someone stated if you dont get back on D youll be out gunned... and pheonix plays D?!? haha cmon are you serious?

we need to make what i think is two trades. and one waiving. a good draft. and i think well be legit. contenders? nah. but make the playoffs? yes.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
easy, I trust Thomas and Marbury!

Marbury will definately have that hunger. I believe Frye and Curry can together give him a Garnett like help and Crawford could give him scoring help and Nate will give him a breather here and there! I'm happy Brown is GONE!