Isiah & Marbury or LB & "his system"

I don't think my opinions are tarnished or biased. Real simple here. LOOK AT THE RESULTS. The record since he took over the team, the cap situation is way worse. You can bring up all the hypotheticals you want. What have the results been since isiah thomas has been running the knicks? Why does the whole country know that he is the worst gm in professional sports today and after leaving the knicks will NEVER get another job as nba GM. NEVER.

If he wouuld have taken that scrubby team and let the contracts expire and drafted some good young talent (which is the one thing he is capable of - although i have no idea what went through his mind this year, but thats another thread) and then we might have been able to make a run at guys like lebron, wade, or carmelo this year. But isiah has no vision. he makes trades for the sake of making a trade. But now at this rate, we wont be able to make a run at those guys even when the deals they just signed expired. I can take a 23 win season as long as we are headed in the right direction (cap space and high 1st rounders) Thanks to isiah - we have neither.

It takes awhile to build chemistry when you run through all the coaches we did. How was in charge of hiring and firing of those coaches??? No the cap was in bad shape when layden left it is a disaster now.

The problem here isnt that rose and francis are the worst players on the court, They have talent. There is no thought process in bringing them here.They are the worst players that you can bring into our situation. They make way to much money, have never won a thing in their careers at any level, have been uncoachable and insuburdinate before LB, primadonnas.

I have no problem hiring brown, but let him do his thing. Like i said before he was the only winner in the equation and he is now gone. Like our chances of being a respectable franchise.

5 first rounders - how many of those first rounders were picked after 20? Couldnt we have had the 2nd overall pick if some moron would have protected it. How about when odom comes out next year and the bulls swap that pick with us. How did that trade work out, we got a fat lazy center, with a heart ailment.

I'll stay with 88% of the espn sportsnation that took the poll that asked if isiah should have been fired. So that does put me in the majority. playa.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I live in Chicago so I've had a chance to see a long rebuilding project first hand. The post Jordan era Bulls were the biggest joke in the NBA for 4-5 years. Jerry Krause prematurely broke up the dynasty and the came out and said "organizations win championships." After 2-3 years of his lunacy the Bulls finally got rid of him. Reinsdorf has to considered owner of the decade for spotting Pax and Kenny Williams. Winning has to come from the top. Isiah has to go point blank. Great players don't always make great coaches or execs(see Jordan). Hopefully Dolan will keep his word and send Isiah packing. Protect ur Picks Isiah is absolutely right in saying you can't rebuild without young talent and draft picks. True Layden was a terrible GM, but Isiah has made it worse by adding a terrible mix of players that are overpaid to boot. LB had the right idea by wanting to dump half the roster. At this point you have to. The Knicks need a new GM and a experienced coach who can take the heat of losing for 2-3 years. Pax slowly got rid of highpriced vets and drafted good young players with a plan in mind and hired a no-nonsense coach( Skiles, another former pg) who didn't take crap from young players. He filled positions and needs instead of just grabbing availible talent. He managed the cap why everyone screamed just grab anybody, waited patiently, then grabbed Big Ben. If anything Isiah sabotoged LB with a terrible roster, got in Dolan's ear to let LB go. Isiah gets what he deserves getting to coach this squad.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Protect ur picks Isiah said:
I don't think my opinions are tarnished or biased. Real simple here. LOOK AT THE RESULTS. The record since he took over the team, the cap situation is way worse. You can bring up all the hypotheticals you want. What have the results been since isiah thomas has been running the knicks? Why does the whole country know that he is the worst gm in professional sports today and after leaving the knicks will NEVER get another job as nba GM. NEVER.

If he wouuld have taken that scrubby team and let the contracts expire and drafted some good young talent (which is the one thing he is capable of - although i have no idea what went through his mind this year, but thats another thread) and then we might have been able to make a run at guys like lebron, wade, or carmelo this year. But isiah has no vision. he makes trades for the sake of making a trade. But now at this rate, we wont be able to make a run at those guys even when the deals they just signed expired. I can take a 23 win season as long as we are headed in the right direction (cap space and high 1st rounders) Thanks to isiah - we have neither.

It takes awhile to build chemistry when you run through all the coaches we did. How was in charge of hiring and firing of those coaches??? No the cap was in bad shape when layden left it is a disaster now.

The problem here isnt that rose and francis are the worst players on the court, They have talent. There is no thought process in bringing them here.They are the worst players that you can bring into our situation. They make way to much money, have never won a thing in their careers at any level, have been uncoachable and insuburdinate before LB, primadonnas.

I have no problem hiring brown, but let him do his thing. Like i said before he was the only winner in the equation and he is now gone. Like our chances of being a respectable franchise.

5 first rounders - how many of those first rounders were picked after 20? Couldnt we have had the 2nd overall pick if some moron would have protected it. How about when odom comes out next year and the bulls swap that pick with us. How did that trade work out, we got a fat lazy center, with a heart ailment.

I'll stay with 88% of the espn sportsnation that took the poll that asked if isiah should have been fired. So that does put me in the majority. playa.
Hindsight is 20/20...playa. You criticize and you criticize on what he's done in the past...I think if Isiah would have that chance again he would take the other option. You can criticize all you won't but the truth will come out this season. Again I'm not changing my opinion, I have good reason and facts that Isiah will take us to the playoffs...if not, he will improve this team drastically from last year. I'm glad that LB is gone, he did a terrible job, and he wasn't the right coach for this roster. Jalen Rose is and still is coachable...steve francis is an emotional player, again Isiah will turn all that energy into a positive this year...mark my words, and another thing it's ok for coaches and players to argue...that's healthy, but it's when they take it to the media, that's when things turn for the worst...Steve vs. Van Gundy and Starbury vs. Brown are two perfect examples...look at the newspapers. And like what somebody said in this forum earlier...Brown has won 1 NBA Championship in 30 years! Is that really a good thing? And I don't care where in the first round...we have 5 quality first round draftees and they all can do some good for this team...period. And you definitely can't question that and the fact that Isiah has an eye for talent. What's the purpose of getting draft picks if LB wasn't going to play them in the first place? Answer that for me...and how is Eddy Curry fat and lazy when loses 40+ pounds in 2 seasons? Yep that's lazy alright...ESPECIALLY when he has a heart ailment. Like what I said...starbury and the franchise are possibly going to be the best backcourt in the NBA if they mesh...time will tell and then you'll be kissing Isiah's shoes instead of dissing him like a NY Times reporter. Patience is the key fellas...let the young gunz develop under the fire from starbury and the franchise and hopefully we can set this ship sailing right...and ok let's look at results...we didn't win a title under layden and we haven't won a title under thomas...period, the rings is the only thing that matters. Everything else is just feel good music...

Isiah has come out on record as recently as a couple of months ago and said he would make all of the moves that he made again if he had the chance. That's reassuring huh?

I don't think anyonbe doubts they will improve from last year, but thats not really saying much. We win 38 games and thats a +15 from last year. But it put us near .500. Great! We were there 3 years ago and our cap is higher now and we dont own our first rounder. We have no way of adding a quality young or franchise player to this roster for many years to come now. We wont be able to sign a franchise free agent probably ever, but hopefully by 2010-11. You play .500 ball for those years at best you pick in the middle of the draft and are still in salary cap hell.

Steve Francis is an emotinal player. c'mon. Is that a kind way of saying his attitude has moved him from town to town through his short career. He refused to play for the team that drafted him. I think danny ferry was the last clown to pull that one off. Hew refused to go into a game in orlando.That was a classic derrick coleman moment. You are going on "if's". There are no facts there. I just look at his track record and cringe.

I said before LB did a bad job last year. He was given a horrible and thoughtlessly put together roster. There was some talent on it. Completely mismatched though. I can't tell you why he didnt play the rookies last year. They got some burn but not as much as they should have. Nate was a bit outta control so i can understand him not getting as many minutes, especially with the glut at the position. Frye, didnt play early started to play and then got hurt. Lee, i cant understand why he didnt play. He seemed like an LB kind of player. But i said he did a bad job. But always dramatically improves a team if given a chance and thats everywhere he goes. The 30 years, some time was spent coaching in college where he did win a title. He's not a phil jackson who likes to go into a ready made situation. He goes into real disasters and turns them around. He coached the clippers, nets, and the knicks. and dont kid yourself we are a big a joke as those times were then. Except he wasnt given the chance here.

Eddy Curry is fat and lazy when he comes in every year of his career out of shape. That pretty much makes you fat and lazy in my book. The fact that he has a heart ailment and isiah made that trade for those 2 picks and sweetney anyway should make it even more alarmingly stupid.

I'll never be kissin isiah's shoes. Cause there are no other isiah's in the league for us to trade al our mistakes too. So that pretty much means he'll never turn it around.

No we didnt win a title under layden and i NO WAY defend anything he's done as knick gm. He was horrid. He used to be the worst knicks gm i ever saw until isiah took over. The results are, we are worse off then we were 3 years ago when he took over. period. He should not have his job anymore. I have no problem being patient. I'll watch 6 losing years in a row if it means we are heading in the right direction. Shedding all big contracts by LETTING them expire. Trade any big salaried players you can for salary cap relief. Draft early in the draft and draft wisely. Sign the right franchise player when he becomes available to blend him in with the young talent drafted early. You know, real rebuilding. Not the lemon that isiah is trying to sell us as "rebuilding" now.

We are in salary cap hell and a mess of big egos who got even bigger cause they all ran a hall of fame coach out of town. The next few years are gonna be brutal unless we can get are REAL gm in here to help us out of this disaster.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You're silly man...First of all if you were isiah thomas...and the reporters asked you if you regretted any of you're moves and James Dolan is already breathing down your neck...would you give a negative answer which conveys that you don't like your past decision making...I think not. And like I've always said the move to get eddy curry wasn't the bad part...it's the players that we gave for him. That's one thing I do criticize about Isiah...you don't give alot of damaged goods or reportedly damaged goods...

And you have to quit living in the past...the .500 team before Isiah got here is not better than the team that we have right now...so get over it. And we have numerous players on our roster that you could consider as franchise players. Anywhere from the franchise, marbury, frye, or curry. Even tho with frye and curry you're going off of potential franchise players.

And you are just another misconcepted franchise draft day hater that only knows that he didn't want to play for memphis or at that time vancouver. The man's grandmother was dying and he wanted to play somewhere close to maryland so if something went wrong he could be there at a moment's notice. Also he was a kid then with his grandmother the only fatherly and motherly figure in his life so get off him on that. I'd do the samething. And unlike ferry, francis has more talent in one hand then ferry had in his whole career. So we don't wanna question that. And let's follow his career...he played in houston for 5 years and it probably would have been his whole career if it wasn't for van gundy. Van Gundy is a poor man's LB. Don't get me wrong I was a big fan of Van Gundy's defensive gritty coaching style, but a good coach meshes with his players. He collided head first with his star PG and it really wasn't a problem until the media got involved. He then went to Orlando and had arguably the best season in his career...then Grant Hill starts complaining that the magics are looking like the mobley and francis eventhough they are winning and were 5th in the conference at the time...they trade mobley...francis gets mad...they drop out of the playoffs and everything else goes in history. SO now he's here and wants a chance to prove his critics like you wrong... so you don't think he's hungry? You don't think starbury is ready to defend his coaches job? I say put them both in the fire and see who gets burned.

And I give LB credit for trying to turn trash into gold...I really do. But the way he handles things are childish. It's an unwritten rule...you do not completely bash your players in the media like that. Pat Riley did it and Van Gundy did it but not to the extent in what LB did to starbury and AI. Yea lets look at LB's track record...he's won 1 ring in the NBA and he has to thank Joe Dumars for the rasheed trade. LB is a good coach but he's not the God of coaching...I would accept Pat Riley in as head coach than LB...he knows how to deal with young talent.

Eddy Curry is lazy huh...to bad you didn't name any facts to back that up. Remember he wasn't cleared to play all last summer because of his heart ailment. So that's why he wasn't in shape all last year. He's working with the knick trainers, he's hired his own personal cook, and he's lost 40+ pounds over two years...in my book that's not lazy. Lazy would mean he's not making an effort...he's making an effort. Sounds like more hate than truth to me.

And the only reason we're in cap heeze is because of layden...do you seriously think we would be in deep in the cap if Isiah wasn't in it to begin with? Trades is the only way to get talent and to accept bad contracts is the only way to get trades done...do the math... And I'm glad you don't have faith in our coach...it'll make it that much sweeter when we start winning games instead of demoralizing our youth and ripping our star players like LB would do...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
whoa whoa whoa...why do you have to take something that I said 2 months ago and try to start something? That's why I think it's funny that you get kicked out of this forum faster than Isiah can say suck my....but on the real...quit messin around and state facts...cuz you're wasting everybody's time if you don't...

sxmarbury516 said:
... there is too much bickering and pointing the finger goin on. this is the only way to see who knows what their talkin about and who doesnt.

If u have faith in our new coach and the captain of the team then simply reply
'I trust in Marbury and Thomas' ... If you think dolan shoulda trusted old man brown and tryed to get his style of players then reply...
'We shoulda went w/ LB and his system' ... I think it's obvious that isiah or anyone for that matter could coach the team with their eyes closed and get a better record then last years....

YOU ARE A COMPLETE RETARD. Why don't you and your girlfriend in the picture go back to the gay bar that you both met each other at.

Let me respond however for your little survey here: 'We shoulda went w/ LB and his system'. Please keep us 'post'ed on the results. But there are way too many of Isiah Thomas’s transvestite girlfriends on this forum that I could care less and pretty much predict what the responses will be.

By the way, which one of you in the picture plays the girl?

metrocard

Legend
Hilarious thread; really shows who Isiah suckered into believing his crap.

Isiah protect your pics....excellent post in this thread, almost 2 years old but priceless...because you came out to be right while everyone else was a blinded Isiahsexual and not a Knick fan caring for his team back then, now and in the future.

Larry Brown(back then)
Marbury(now)

Just scape goats for Isiah's performance as the worst GM in sports history.

Hilarious thread; really shows who Isiah suckered into believing his crap.

Isiah protect your pics....excellent post in this thread, almost 2 years old but priceless...because you came out to be right while everyone else was a blinded Isiahsexual and not a Knick fan caring for his team back then, now and in the future.

Larry Brown(back then)
Marbury(now)

Just scape goats for Isiah's performance as the worst GM in sports history.

Wow, that's an oldie but goodie there. Now you can see why i had to come back here and rub his nose in it. The guy has no clue whatsoever....

Good find :peace:

I'm sorry you feel that way 'Protect ur picks Isiah' even though you are wrong and biased in everything you say. We all can tell that you are a LB fan and there's nothing wrong with that...I was jumping out my shoes when he first came here. But when his coaching philosophy clashed with our new age players, I knew the exit was near for him. LB is too stubborn to be our coach...this isn't the 1960's peops...we have a young athletic team that's ready to win under their new coach. So instead of hating you need to be preparing for more than 23 games this year because like what I SAID...LB brought the darkest year in basketball into knick history...

You were saying?

Notice how I use rebuilding and 33 wins in the same sentence and strongly...so in combining those two words, I'm saying 33 wins is an improvement next to the 23 wins our previous year in trying to crawl out of this hole...and believe it or not...a GM's job is to take a team to the promised land...LB failed and hopefully isiah can pick up this team morale and put the fire back in this team that obviously wasn't there last year. And listen to yourself...it doesn't matter was Isiah did, you and the other haters would still be on him. If he left the roster alone with that loser roster...you would still criticize him. At least he goes out gets the unwanted talent which is odd because francis was a former all-star that still has that capability if given a chance yet he stole him from the magics...it's moves like this that help our roster yet when you change coaches every year and constantly change the roster to fit the coaches needs then you never build chemistry, thus you don't win games. Our roster will spend training camp and the preseason together, the chemistry will build then and we will hopefully start the season off strong. And yes we were going backwards but we hit rock bottom when larry arrived...no one can possibly win 23 games with this kind of roster...the bobcats won more games than us. What does that tell you? It kinda tells me that when LB didn't arrive we were a 30+ win team which isn't good but when he arrives we win 23 games which is horrendous. Again...the resulting 23 wins is bad enough but all the little sideshows he pulled during the season was the cherry on top...

You were saying?

You're silly man...First of all if you were isiah thomas...and the reporters asked you if you regretted any of you're moves and James Dolan is already breathing down your neck...would you give a negative answer which conveys that you don't like your past decision making...I think not. And like I've always said the move to get eddy curry wasn't the bad part...it's the players that we gave for him. That's one thing I do criticize about Isiah...you don't give alot of damaged goods or reportedly damaged goods...

And you have to quit living in the past...the .500 team before Isiah got here is not better than the team that we have right now...so get over it. And we have numerous players on our roster that you could consider as franchise players. Anywhere from the franchise, marbury, frye, or curry. Even tho with frye and curry you're going off of potential franchise players.

And you are just another misconcepted franchise draft day hater that only knows that he didn't want to play for memphis or at that time vancouver. The man's grandmother was dying and he wanted to play somewhere close to maryland so if something went wrong he could be there at a moment's notice. Also he was a kid then with his grandmother the only fatherly and motherly figure in his life so get off him on that. I'd do the samething. And unlike ferry, francis has more talent in one hand then ferry had in his whole career. So we don't wanna question that. And let's follow his career...he played in houston for 5 years and it probably would have been his whole career if it wasn't for van gundy. Van Gundy is a poor man's LB. Don't get me wrong I was a big fan of Van Gundy's defensive gritty coaching style, but a good coach meshes with his players. He collided head first with his star PG and it really wasn't a problem until the media got involved. He then went to Orlando and had arguably the best season in his career...then Grant Hill starts complaining that the magics are looking like the mobley and francis eventhough they are winning and were 5th in the conference at the time...they trade mobley...francis gets mad...they drop out of the playoffs and everything else goes in history. SO now he's here and wants a chance to prove his critics like you wrong... so you don't think he's hungry? You don't think starbury is ready to defend his coaches job? I say put them both in the fire and see who gets burned.

And I give LB credit for trying to turn trash into gold...I really do. But the way he handles things are childish. It's an unwritten rule...you do not completely bash your players in the media like that. Pat Riley did it and Van Gundy did it but not to the extent in what LB did to starbury and AI. Yea lets look at LB's track record...he's won 1 ring in the NBA and he has to thank Joe Dumars for the rasheed trade. LB is a good coach but he's not the God of coaching...I would accept Pat Riley in as head coach than LB...he knows how to deal with young talent.

Eddy Curry is lazy huh...to bad you didn't name any facts to back that up. Remember he wasn't cleared to play all last summer because of his heart ailment. So that's why he wasn't in shape all last year. He's working with the knick trainers, he's hired his own personal cook, and he's lost 40+ pounds over two years...in my book that's not lazy. Lazy would mean he's not making an effort...he's making an effort. Sounds like more hate than truth to me.

And the only reason we're in cap heeze is because of layden...do you seriously think we would be in deep in the cap if Isiah wasn't in it to begin with? Trades is the only way to get talent and to accept bad contracts is the only way to get trades done...do the math... And I'm glad you don't have faith in our coach...it'll make it that much sweeter when we start winning games instead of demoralizing our youth and ripping our star players like LB would do...

You were saying, i could go on....it's fun to see how unbelievable wrong one person can be on a subject

metrocard

Legend
You were saying, i could go on....it's fun to see how unbelievable wrong one person can be on a subject

It reaches a new level of being wrong, you can only laugh like a baby. Its funnier because they attack you for not believing them, look now. They still read this forum daily but are too ashamed to show themselves.

I know I'm being harsh, but f' it. Seeing the Knicks lose gives me a lot of frustration. I answer the problem by either getting it in, liting it up, or owning an Isiahsexual.

Props to protect your picks, your predictions and assessments on the team remain true, valid and bold. Keep posting brother.

clumsy

Rotation player
i have never seen someone more wrong in my life....

Approriate music is KRS-One - "I Can't Wake Up"

applies to Isiah + Knicks too for now.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
That's why I think it's funny that you get kicked out of this forum faster than Isiah can say suck my....but on the real...quit messin around and state facts

So you admit to being a gay Isiahsexual. How fast can Isiah suck your....
You the one who sed it, quit messin around and state facts. The fact is that you sed Isiah can quickly suck your c*ck. No one likes you on here and being an isiahsexual is played out. Just give up, you know this team is going nowhere until some time after Isiah gets fired. I wouldnt come on here ever again if I was you.