Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roster space problems

Default Roster space problems

Hey all, long time no chat...

We all know the mess over LB, the 2006 no.2 pick, the first round pick swap with the Bulls in 2007...

But we have a roster issue in that we can only sign 15 to a squad... 12 are already signed for 06/07 (not including H2O, Anderson, etc), Isiah is wanting Butler and Qyntel back... that makes 14, and we have 2 first round picks, which must be signed, making 16 signed on the team...

...so for trade considerations we are going to have to trade 2 for 1, and I don't think waiving another player is the answer... i.e. Malik

Veteran

well you have to expect the waiving of Maurice Taylor or Jalen Rose to happen if anything. Of course they will not resign Ime Udoka.

So after resigning Qyntel Woods & Jackie Butler and selecting our two picks. I can forsee either one of those two getting waived (preferably Maurice Taylor) or a two for one on draft day including a draft pick. We'll see what happens and with the draft only 2 days away I'm sure I can have some "inside information" for you guys rather shortly. Preferably tomorrow

i'd like to see malik rose waived

Mo Taylor and Jalen Rose won't be released, now they will be traded at some point. They both have expiring contracts, so that is ONE good thing for our team. I would try to trade either of them some point into the season for future draft picks.

Malik is a good player, and probably a fantastic practice player. Butler we dont need.. Woods we dont need especially if we draft a SF in the draft like Shawne Williams.

The roster isn't as jammed as you think. Our main problem is the Guards we have a logjam there, Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Q, Nate

Veteran

Like it or not Butler was our best C at the end of the year. and you think we dont need to resign him? even for trade purposes? thats outrageous to say.

ALSO Taylor and Rose.. yes they are expiring contracts. but no one would trade them for draft picks. the point of someone trading for an expiring contract is to get cap relief. they wont want their contracts and give us draft picks. theyll want us to take on a horrible cotnract in return..

Since Phoenix wants cap relief to sign Boris Diaw, perhaps they would take the expiring contracts of Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, and Jalen Rose in exchange for Shawn Marion?

What does everybody think?

i don't think thats gonna happen. they could get young players in their rookie contracts and draft picks for marion like chicago.

Veteran

nah that wont happen.. BUT Jalen Rose along with Jackie Butler or David Lee perhaps.. now that would work. dont expect that to happen tho

and Malik's contract is not an expiring one until next season so dont believe that he will be waived.

I hate it that we are so over the cap space we can't

make a run at Ben Wallace or Peja Storakovic.

Veteran

that's not completely true, just like we will be going after Al Harrington.. its all about sign and trade. Not likely for either of them. but possible being a keyword

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Ben Wallace would be the perfect PF to play alongside Eddy Curry... I'd be willing to give up Frye and a pick plus throw in Detroit-native Mo Taylor to get it done.

And if that Harrington trade gets done in July for Steve Francis, our starting 5 would be:

Steph
    Jamal
    Harrington
    Big Ben
    Curry

That should get us into the playoffs.

do you guys think crawford is better at the 2 or the 1 spot? crawford did do a pretty good job running the point toward the end of the season.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Crawford is excellent coming off the bench as a SG. I don't see the Knicks releasing Rose. I've never heard of a team releasing a veteran player with an expiring contract. They are the perfect trade bait.

Veteran

ever heard of Tim Thomas or Antonio Davis last season?

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

If I remember corectly Thomas refused to play for the Bulls and Davis was traded for Jalen Rose.