THE DEAD WEIGHT HAS BEEN CUT

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Don't feel bad for Brown. According an interview in The New York Times, Brown called for a roster overhaul. Due to large contracts that made the players untradable, Brown proposed cutting several players including Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Jerome James, Jalen Rose and Maurice Taylor. He said, "that Larry never intended to coach this team beyond this season. According to Dolan, Brown tried to negotiate trades without authorization, violated company policies in using the news media to criticize players and repeatedly defied orders to cease that behavior. Dolan cited two instances in which Thomas proposed a trade, only to be told by another general manager, "That's great, but I got a better offer from your coach."

"We couldn't get Larry to focus on his job," Dolan said. "Larry wanted to focus on Isiah's job."

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sounded like a great start to me. Start Q and Jamal in the backcourt with Nate-robb coming off the bench, Fry and Malik at forwards, and Curry at Center and roll.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I hate to say I agreed with Larry on that. But that 200 million isn't coming out of his pocket and he doesn't have to sell that to stock holders!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
malik rose a starter, funny. its ironic how the only 2 players that were sucking brown's dick last year made ur starting 5 (q-rich & m. rose). y @ the end of the season was malik rose starting over david lee, channing frye, mo taylor, and even jackie butler, even after the playoffs were out the picture. brown harldy played crawford for the 1st half of the season because he didnt research the team he was taking over. nate robinson woula ended up on the cut list by the end of the season. brown deft has some major ego problems. who is he to try to go over his boss' head? who is he to trash talk his players in the media, which in turn made us the laughing stock of the nba. if we cut the players he wanted to we would get blown out by portland by 30+ points. our starters would avg 52ppg. that just dont cut it in the nba. not when teams like miami have a starting 5 that avg 81ppg. u r right tho. if brown had his way that would be his line-up. u just proved it to be true, small minds do think alike.

Starks

Starter
Wait so are you guys actually saying that Brown wanting to rid the team of Francis, James, Taylor, and Rose is a bad idea?????

If Thomas wasn't so hellbent on proving to the world that despite his destruction of the CBA, despite his failures with the Raptors and Pacers, and despite his moronic NBA Live style roster moves, he would do the same.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Starks said:
Wait so are you guys actually saying that Brown wanting to rid the team of Francis, James, Taylor, and Rose is a bad idea?????

If Thomas wasn't so hellbent on proving to the world that despite his destruction of the CBA, despite his failures with the Raptors and Pacers, and despite his moronic NBA Live style roster moves, he would do the same.

thats not the case, larry brown asked for both jalen and francis and now he wants them down, just to get them both costed 80 million extra and now larry wants to cut 6 players equalling 180 million dollars, larry is just qrazy

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
so we should have...
cut steve francis & his $13mill? hell no.
cut jerome james & his $5mill? hell no.
cut jalen rose & his $16mill? hell no.
cut mo taylor 7 his $10mill? hell no.
cut stephon marbury & his $18mill? hell f*ckin no.

not for nothing, francis and jalen werent given the chance they deserve. both were bashed by the coach short after their arrival to the team.

mo taylor isnt that bad of a pf. hes slow and doesnt play much d. he's NOT the worst player on the team. but if i could get something decent for him i would deft trade him since we have already have a lotta defenseless pf's as it is.

jerome james was a bust, we all know that. brown did have him ride the bench most of the season. he showed a little life towards the end of the season. but all in all its gonna be hard to get rid of him.

im not even gonna comment on his remark about cutting stephon. he musta forgot about him getting injured and the team goin from a 6 game win streak to a 10 game losing streak. how hard was LB trying to f*ck over the knicks?

i dont know if u guys saw the article stating LB wanted to bring back charles oakley. that says it all. larry is not all there in his old age.

out of 12-15 people on the roster only 2 of the players backed brown. and those in return should be the 2 players to be removed this offseason. maybe along with a few others. with this being isiah's last chance i hope he does try to make some GOOD trades instead of showing up brown with the roster we have.

Starks

Starter
putting a player on waivers is not the same thing as being cut. Its putting that player and his contract up for grabs for any team that wants to bite.

Thats not the same as losing all that money.

paris401

Starter
sxmarbury516 said:
2 u just proved it to be true, small minds do think alike.

me too thinks brown sucked last year... but others have their own opinion (rite or wrong)...

as to your qte 'small minds'... larry left detriot with 7m, and left ny with.... fill in the blank, but it will be hefty bag filled with $$$$... small mind??? make mine that small...

donchris

I think the point I had in creating this topic was how Brown screwed us over. If what Dolian and Thomas say is true, Brown went behind their backs and proposed trades. So this really explains alot. Brown was more focused on being the GM then he was being the coach. If this is true Brown must except full responsibility for last season. Not only did he rip this team apart, he didn't really coach at all.

jffga

Rookie
donchris said:
I think the point I had in creating this topic was how Brown screwed us over. If what Dolian and Thomas say is true, Brown went behind their backs and proposed trades. So this really explains alot. Brown was more focused on being the GM then he was being the coach. If this is true Brown must except full responsibility for last season. Not only did he rip this team apart, he didn't really coach at all.

You are the biggest dumbass on the planet. You are so far off in left field from the rest of the world it''s patehetic. :cucu:

donchris

jffga said:
donchris said:

You are the biggest dumbass on the planet. You are so far off in left field from the rest of the world it''s patehetic. :cucu:

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, nor does it matter junior. Stay on topic! According to The Knicks Brown went behind Thomas' back and made trade offers. Read the article dumb$h^t! Or even better, watch it. Check out Youtube.com

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yeah lets lay off the name calling and speak like mature fans here buddy. And Chris happens to be right. Larry wanted Isiah gone so he could be GM. He tried to make trades behind his back. He benched Nate Robinson, David Lee, Channing Frye and every other talent Isiah got. ALONG with Jalen Rose and Steve Francis WHOM Brown made him acquire.. so cmon. lets get on topic too

Starks said:
putting a player on waivers is not the same thing as being cut. Its putting that player and his contract up for grabs for any team that wants to bite.

Thats not the same as losing all that money.

Nobody in their right mind would take them. It will just bring down the morale of the team. wait, are you thinking about baseball with waivers I don't think the NBA has them

jimkcchief88

All Star
So we can't afford to cut all these guys who don't want to play, but we can afford to pay 40million to a coach we don't have anymore??? As for starting Malik Rose, not every starter has to avg. 16.6 points per game and be the 5th highest paid player in the league. Repeat after me: ROLE PLAYER!!!!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
he never hasnt avg'd 16.6 per game since his rookie year. larry brown wanted him to be a role player when anyone with 2 working eyes can see he's a scorer, just watch this season and i guarentee u will eat ur own words.

malik rose, role player? i think u mean old player.
4.4ppg, .9apg, 3.6rpg .19bpg. in 16 mpg. ur right he did play a GREAT ROLE in our awful season.

here's something else i found interesting malik avg'd .374% from the field. that was the 2nd worst on the team compared to..... QUENTIN RICHARDSON. they were the only 2 players on the team to avg in the .300 %tile. and yet they were the only ones sticking with brown. we got rid of LB now we should get rid of the 2 of them to regain the team chemistry.

i just hope isiah feels the same

Finesse

Benchwarmer
I don't know about getting rid of Richardson, he's a nice player. I don't care that he backed Larry Frontrunner. If I was shooting that bad, I'd back the coach, too. But he's relatively young whereas Malik Rose is past his prime.
And I like seeing Brandy at the Garden! Maybe she'll put Q on waivers and get with this hero!

portega1968 said:
Q and Brandy split up like 30 losses ago

Hilarious!!!!

Q-Rich has talent. I just think he had a bad year. I heard that he was battling an undisclosed back injury most of the season. He came on toward the end. I bet he bounces back this year.

Malik Rose hustles his ass off, but it doesn't keep him from sucking. He must get his shot blocked about three times a game. He should be on the inactive list all season. There is no reason to play him or fellow stiff Maurice Taylor. Sit those guys and wait until their contracts expire.