harrington or lewis

What SF should we persue?

• Rashard Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
for rashard lewis...
1. q-rich and nate robinson - this trade would give us a great sf that would fit in perfect with this team. it would add another 3 point threat to seattle (ray allen and richardson would be a scary perimeter team.) nate robinson is a seattle native and were overloaded with guards. we would still have a solid 4 guard rotation.

2. frye, mo taylor, malik rose for lewis and fortson- throwing in a player like fortson will give us much needed help on the boards. we would get rid of 3 pf's so we would need to pick up a tough pf in another trade. the only downside of this is fortson is the same size as balkman and that could limit the minutes he gets being that they both play a similar style.

3. jamal crawford & nate robinson- both are seattle natives. not sure if this would work for the sonics too well because it would leave a void @ their sf spot. this would also cut into ray allens minutes. i really would rather see crawford stick around.
------------------------------------------------------------

for al harrington...
1. q-rich and nate robinson- they need a pg. they need a shooter other than joe johnson. harrington does a lil to a lot of everything. and we deft need someone t help us in certain areas.

2. steve francis for harrington and the hawks 07 1st round pick- francis would give them a star point guard who would probably pick his game back up along side joe johnson. theyre gonna need someone to get the ball down sheldon williams.

3. q-rich nate robinson and jerome james for harrington and zaza pachulia- pachulia is a center who actualy plays d. its deft something we're gonna need.
-----------------------------------------------------------

those would be my 3 deals for each. which one do u think could actualy get approved, and which one do u think is our best bet?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i rather have al harrington in a knick uniform cuz rashard is supre incosistant and al harrington could get u a easy 15...al harrington is a better defender and al rebouds better..rashard sometimes seem he is not part of the game when he on da court...i like Q rich but im kinda excited about BalkMan so i'll trade Q to get AL

portega1968

El Cacique
I like Lewis's game more... he's more fluid and has a better offensive game. He gets a nice amount of steals and blocks and can take over a game.

I would try to grab Chris Wilcox in any trade for Lewis. They would fit in just right with Eddy Curry.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Come on guys.. I once thought Atlanta would take anything just to get something in return for Harrington possibly Q but do you really think theyll take just Q for Harrington? Harrington is a beast. Hell they wont even take that Francis for Harrington&1st Round Pick crap suggested above.

Harrington, who I think we should take, (you ppl are too optimistic on Seattle, they dont want JC, and they wont give up wilcox, they are gonna try to trade Allen to Raptors cause they want to go cheap) is a great player. He's going to get a 9-10+ million dollar contract. And you have to think abotu what Atlanta wants. Do they want Q&JJ?! Hell no. Especially if Pachulia is added. What kind of deal is that?

I dont think Isiah will give up Nate, especially if we are going to do the run and gun.

curry, frye, taylor, balkman, rose, rose, marbs are ppl they wont want, or we wont give up. if Atlanta (who needs a C and PG badly) is gonna sign Al and sign and trade with us. it will definitely include a PG. They ALSO need someone to draw a crowd..

Francis & Butler for Al Harrington. That's what it'll be. At least in my opinion.

Curry/James
Frye/Lee/Rose/Taylor
Harrington/Rose/Balkman/Woods
JC/Q
Marbs/Nate/Collins

then you work on trading Jalen Rose&Lee or Taylor&Lee to get a shotblocking PF. and let which expiring we dont use EXPIRE

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
now if we went on to trade francis and butler for harrington (which i think is moranic considering jackie butler did a hell of a lot better job backing up curry then james did) then how would it work. wouldnt harrington have to make within 25% of what francis and butler are both making. how does the sign and trade thing work?

knowing they need a pg i would offer them nate. we have 5 pg's on this roster and isiah already seems determined to make the marbury/francis backcourt work. i dont think nate and q-rich is an uneven trade for harrington.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i see you arent familiar with the salary cap.. First you cant trade nate who only makes 1.1 mill for Harrington who will get paid 9-10 mill. They will sign Harrington for whatever want to give him. then we trade steve francis (15 mill) and butler (for whatever we sign him). and we trade. if Al makes 10 mill thats only 5 off. And since Atlanta has cap room they can do that.

The backcourt of Francis and Marbury will not work. you cant have two decent shoots, neither good 3 points ones, that neither is over 6'2 and consider having possible success. and Isiah doesnt seem like he thinks that will work. he says that, because he has to say that. he didnt want to trade Ariza for him (he liked Ariza) but larry didnt like Trevor and he liked Steve.

and speaking of moronic.. lets get into that. Jackie Butler will not be a Knick next year. I like him yes. But you have to think deeper before you call someones opinion moronic. Jackie is represented by the SAME agent LARRY BROWN is. Why do you think he got more playing time in the first place of Eddy or JJ (whom Isiah traded for and signed). come on now..

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Wow 15 I didn't even realize the Butler had the same agent as Brown. This just gets thicker and thicker. I concur. Harrington should be our top priority at this point. We have an immediate need for a small forward and not one for a PF. Although I'd like to have both Harrington and Lewis, that seemingly is just a dream.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
15 i wasnt calling your opinion moranic. i thought u were guessing on what isiah will end up doing. i heard u say in a previous post that u liked butler and didnt think he should leave. i agreed i thought butler proved to be a good backup bigman. i had no idea either that him and brown both have the same agent. that is some weird sh*t, i dunno how u find this stuff out. to me that is more proof that brown does a lotta under the table sh*t the media doesnt know about, like playing his own agents players more than others. i dont trust him and im glad he's gone.

i thought atlanta would be gettin a great deal as is with francis for harrington. i didnt think it was neccisary to add butler. thats y i said what i said.

i know u couldnt trade nate straight up for harrington. but if you add quentin richardson with nate u have a total of $8.5 mill total for next year. i dunno y we would wanna get rid of a point and a big man instead of shipping out a sf in the deal so we can still give balkman and woods minutes off the bench.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Butler's agent is the son of Larry's agent.
That's the connection. Larry knew Butler was going to be a FA and so concocted a scheme with the father and son duo so that butler could get more playing time to improve his value.

It was posted in a NYdailynews article a few days ago demonstrating how larry intentionally sabotaged the season.
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/429844p-362293c.html
***EXCERPT***********************************************
Thomas questioned Brown's use of backup center Jackie Butler over James, the lumbering big man whom Thomas signed to a $30 million contract. The front office felt that Butler was playing because he was represented by Keith Glass, the son of Brown's agent, Joe Glass.

Larry Brown is one sleazy snake....

But back on topic - i would choose harrington hands down.
plus he wants to play for isiah.

NYKnicks15

Starter
ah thats right Trinn. Son of.. but I thought they were part of a father/son agency. oh well.. to answer your question, although I found that out during the breaking of that article. I get "inside info" that I post on this site regularly. I have sources here and there (not claiming I'm a big deal or anything) and ONCE official I report them here.

i hope you didnt take what I said to heart I was just answering your post. no worries man. but to be honest, yes for us (not talent wise) I suppose itd be better if we could just give up Q and Nate (now that we have Collins BUT also Q is a SG of ours. I wouldnt mark him as a SF.

to me the rotation looks like..
Francis JC Q
Marbs Nate Collins

Isiah doesnt want Francis. He wont even answer the question when someone asks if Marbs and Francis will work/play together. So for us to dump Francis' 15 million and a player that prolly has no intention on being with us for the guy we want. i'm all for it. they need a "star" and Francis could be that for them.

guard wise we'll look like..
JC/Q
Marbs/Nate/Collins... collins playin both positions to D larger guards.

then forwards/c
Curry/James
Frye/Lee
Harrington/Woods

and expect Balkman to be a rotation PF/SF. Harrington is the way to go. and with that one move (even if we dont use our midlevel exception) i'll be happy.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
I like Lewis more, cause I feel the Knicks need more guys who can score buckets from outside. This is why I want to see the Knicks make a run at Radmonovic. A team is going to offer Al a serious contract and we wont be able to match it.

In a sign and trade deal, Steve Francis is certain to go to ATL. He is from the Mid-Atlantic region so would probably like to go down to the south. The ATL team is loaded at SF and SG so they dont need anything in that area. They do hurt from three point land so MAYBE Q would be involved.. ATL needs a PG and they may be able to compete for a playoff spot this year. I like the pickup in Shelden Williams he is a beast on the glass, but he is only a legit 6'7" dude.

Al Harrington is a PF too.

Rashard Lewis has a nice stroke, but he also has a lot of Tim Thomas in him, so I doubt he will come out East and be welcomed in NY. The guy is a deadly shooter though. The Sonics have not had the greatest management there as well. Losing the coach a few years back was a shocker.

To get Lewis, we would also need to trade a PG cause they are beginning to not believe in the white dude out there, I forget his name. They do have Watson for backup. Seattle would love to bring home their boy, Nate Robinson. But it would take an awful lot more than that to get Lewis.

The Knicks made a huge upgrade at SF with the drafting of Balkman. He is a very good defender and a high energy guy. He had a huge camp in Orlando, and I hope it wasnt cause he was so close to home. But time will tell.

The Knicks are stacked at Guard and we need to move some of them.

Finesse

Benchwarmer
sxmarbury516, please stop trying to get rid of our youth! I mean, what do you have against Nate & Frye, anyway? I like the Francis for Harrington and the Hawks #7 deal. In the Frye, Mo-T, Malik Rose for Lewis and Fortson, swap out Butler (who I like) for Frye and I’m with that. With Frye shooting that jumper, Fortson would lead the league in offensive rebounding! And why would you want to give up a power forward and have every team in league know we need a power forward and then hold us up for our young talent.
I like Francis and Butler for Harrington suggested by NYKnicks15, then using Jalen, Malik and Mo-T as further trade bait.

portega1968

El Cacique
Luke Ridnour is that white PG with the Sonics... the guy is one hell of a playmaker and can light it up in a heartbeat, but DANG he has ZERO defense.

Therefore, I believe they would welcome Q's shot and D at the 3spot. Throw in local icon Nate the Great and one of the expiring deals (probably Taylor) and we may be able to pull of a deal for Wilcox and Lewis.

Along with Curry, Frye and Lee, that would give us one hell of a frontline.

NYKnicks15

Starter
With the courts saying Atlanta can not sign anyone past one year deals OR they cant trade for any contract that is past one year deals.. it looks like this situation works in our favor. Golden State who really want him (indy is out of the running) don't have the contracts to do it. We do. We can use our MLE on someone for one year (atlanta's choosing) and send Jalen or Mo to ATL. This could work for us.. but itll be pretty difficult.

By the way what is so great about Chris Wilcox? Do we really need another offensive presence? If any C/PF (which i dont think we should get another one) we need to go for a shot blocking one.