Thread: al harrington still up for grabs

Nyk Logo al harrington still up for grabs

well harrington fired his agent a couple of weeks ago and it is not a certainty any more that harrington will sign with indiana. so, should we pursue harrington once again or settle for that miles for richardson deal? miles and harrington can both play the 4 but i prefer harrington. i think he and jeffries will be the more talented front courts of the nba next season and will be a perfect defense-offence balance

Originally Posted by ny3nyk
    we pursue harrington once again or settle for that miles for richardson deal?
    I think thats a god idea. We would be a good addition to the Knicks.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

This whole Harrington thing is confusing. At this point I'm not sure how he will fit in with NY. We'd really need to make this a multiplayer trade or we'd have too many guards and small forwards. The only way I can see that would not be the case is if Harrington played power forward exclusively.

i think harrington flourished in atl mainly because he played at the 4 unlike in indiana where he played the 3 behind jermaine oneal. i was thinking maybe we could offer richardson in that deal instead of for miles because like chris said that would clutter our sf position.

the knicks dont have any room for harrington i would rather have frye play pf than him and the knicks have jared jeffries playing the sf and marbury and francis are guards and curry at center and harrington cant play center so the knicks dont need him

Keep the roster as is! We don't need Al anymore

theres no need for harrington, theres nothing he can do that the knicks dont have already, i would be cool to have richardson and miles in da same team again

the bottom line is, richardson does not get along with marbury but i see thomas intervening and in that little situation in help them mend their differences to win this year. i dont want miles because i feel jeffries can contribute way more offensivly this season and he will need to play way more than the 24 min. he avged in washington last season. also, the history behind harringotn and isiah thomas adds another reason why ny is a possible destination to the free agent. i really think jeffries and harrington will be nice together. this lineup reminds me of the pistons. prince who is a great defender along with rasheed who brings a barrage of offense. i think harrington is perfect for ny.

Veteran

I like Harrington but at this point I dont see a need for him. The only thing I can think of is we send Francis for him.

then you have
    Curry/James
    Frye/Lee/Rose/Taylor
    Harrington/Jeffries/Balkman
    Crawford/Rose/Richardson
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

but that is an overly stacked team. and I dont agree with that stacked at the SF position to me all we have is one true SF.. Jeffries. Rose&Q are SG to me and Q especially should play that. I say unless we can give up Francis for him we pass.

Lets wait to deadline.. because with the assets we have and KG's latest comments make me think we have a shot to land the big ticket again.

I think I would rather have Miles than Harrington. First of all, Harrington only wants to play for Indiana. He has stated that so any team that get's him will have to realize that he will always try to go back to Indiana. I like Miles for his Defense! I also think Isiah can motivate him to elevate his game. This is an Isiah type player! A troubled guy who has fallen short of what was expected from him. He was touted as the next Garnett if you remember!!???!!! Still, his D is solid and he is very athletic so if we can get him for QR, I am all for it!