Thread: Knicks draft grade

Default Knicks draft grade

so how does everyone feel about the knicks draft?

i couldn't believe the knicks first pick. why not shawne williams or josh boone? i was super pissed when i heard about the two picks, but drafting is about the only thing isiah does right as a GM. he's the guy who picked damon stoudamire('96 ROY), tracy mcgrady, and the knicks class of '05, so we'll see how these two guys do.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

why not shawne williams?

did you actually watch the draft or looked at the results?

the official draft thread has all the opinions you requested... check it out.

i thought balkman and collins were solid picks but not chris paul status. balkman would strengthen out front court (as if we had one) and colins is a versatile player who can get things done. we'll see in vegas summer league. btw, how come the topics arent posted on the homepage like it used to? plus, i like the new layout of the forums. nice job

I think that Isiah is trying to build a new culture. This one entails role players. A team can become too talented. This years team had too many "!st options" and not enough role players. Balkman & Collins isn't going to shy away from the dirty work. Coming from some of the schools like Temple (John Cheaney defensive oriented players). These guys are underdogs. So was Charles Oakley and John Starks. Guys need minutes to develop. I just hope that fans realize we should be hoping to compete every year. Winning every year is simply impossible. Competing isn't. We need more competitors on this team. Guys that can stand losing. From therewe will continue to dramatic strides in this franchise.

I think Isiah was trying to find diamonds in the rough-the ‘rough’ being this draft! I have to trust that Isiah knows something about Josh Boone that I don’t, because I would’ve dove on him! I must admit that I don’t know much about Shawne Williams, and, being that I watch college basketball, I take that as him not showing anything that made him worthy of my drool.
    Excellent point that a team can become too talented, Doc. I don’t think Balkman or Collins will care if they even get one shot this year, as long as they can contribute. As starved as The Garden fans are for defense, if these guys play any at all, they’ll be heroes!
    Yes, the new layout is cool. I’m no longer a ‘newbie’. I can live with that!

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    I think that Isiah is trying to build a new culture. This one entails role players. A team can become too talented. This years team had too many "!st options" and not enough role players. Balkman & Collins isn't going to shy away from the dirty work. Coming from some of the schools like Temple (John Cheaney defensive oriented players). These guys are underdogs. So was Charles Oakley and John Starks. Guys need minutes to develop. I just hope that fans realize we should be hoping to compete every year. Winning every year is simply impossible. Competing isn't. We need more competitors on this team. Guys that can stand losing. From therewe will continue to dramatic strides in this franchise.
    Excellent point man...competing night in night out is #1 priority...teams that have championships are synonymous with having heart

balkman is a role player like jyd and mardy collins is like aaron mckie