2006 Knick Summer League Roster!

NYKnicks15

Starter
another person who wants to trade for a name. dude calm down. Robinson fell on his leg. He was out from then on thats it. Then he misses one summer league game and you want to ship him for Mr. Brokedown from the Mountains Kenyon Martin? get real.

David Lee: 5/13 shooting. 13 pts. 13 rebs. 2 asts. 3 stls.
Robinson: 5/12 shooting. 16 pts. 3 rebs. 4 asts. 2 stls.
Balkman: 4/7 shooting. 11 pts. 8 rebs. 3 asts. 2 block shots
Frye: DNP as aforementioned
Collins: 3/9 shooting. 9 pts. 2 rebs. 1 ast. 2 stls.

i do agree with one thing you said. kid with the pic of himself and marbury. Robinson is tradeable. and if Seattle wants him in a deal for Rashard Lewis.. do it up!

Garnett? what is with you ppl? we talk about how Lee is a beast. then we should ship out two good players for one aging huge contract big man who plays the SF? i like Garnett but give Frye a chance. He'll be a great player. He's bulked up, he's got new in the post moves. You'll be pleasantly surprised. He has the same game as KG for god sakes. how much does KG stay in the post? haha.

NYKnicks15

Starter
David Lee: 3/10 shooting. 10 pts. 9 rebs. 3 asts. 3 stls. 1 block
Robinson: 2/5 shooting. 8 pts. 4 rebs. 5 asts. 1 stls.
Balkman: 2/2 shooting. 5 pts. 3 rebs. 2 asts. 1 stls.
Collins: 4/9 shooting. 10 pts. 5 rebs.

notable mentions..
Brian Green (6'7 F rook) 7/13 shooting. 17 pts. 2 rebs. 1 ast.
Walker Russell Jr. (6' G rook) 4/7 shooting. 12 pts. 3 rebs. 1 ast.
Kenny Adeleke (6'8 F rook) 4/4 shooting. 8 pts. 6 rebs. 1 stl. 1 block.
Paul Miller (6'10 C rook) 6/8 shooting. 13 pts. 3 rebs.

Good to see Nate playing the point in this game. and David Lee man.. he's just a beast. We killed Detroit 91-68

Finesse

Benchwarmer
I like Nate Robinson, but for Rashard Lewis, I could learn to hate him. Has to be straight up or with a bad contract, though.

Trin_Starr

Starter
portega1968 said:
Let's be honest here people... Frye has a killer mid-range jumper and makes his free throws, but what else does he bring to the table? His defense is very poor, he will never have an effective post-up game and his rebounding sucks. These three shortcomings are enough to limit his value at the PF spot. He's good for the pick-and-roll, but that's all he has.

That's insane...Frye has the length and size perfect for a PF.
His shooting touch is extraordinary

Rebounding and Defense is all about positioning - this is something that he can be taught and the biggest thing is that he is willing to learn and is a very hard worker....

Do you know how hard it is to add on 15lbs of muscle in less than 2 months - that's determination, hard work and perseverance...the knicks told him to bulk up and he's taking their advice 100% - that's a good player - one who listens....he has only played one year....give the guy a break...

Do you know of a guy called Jermaine O'neal???
He came into the league and blew up in his 4th year
his first year he averaged 3rebs and 4pts in 10mins
Frye averaged 6 and 12 in his in 24mins
so if we extrapolate J O'neals 10 mins to 24
J O'neal was set to make 7boards and 10pts a game...
Pretty similar stats i would say...

Aguirre worked with Oneal and now look at him - a 20/10 guy
It's all about the work ethic and Frye has that desire to be great...

We shouldn't be so quick to trade away our future

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Defense and rebounding is all about instinct and hunger...the guy who wants the rebound the most usually gets it such as Big Ben, Dennis Rodman, Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Bill Russel and the list goes on...but Frye having a jump shot and not being as physical as the players I just listed must improve on this. You can teach a guy defense and you can teach someone the fundamentals of rebounding and boxing out but if you're not physical and you don't have the hunger and mindeset to get the rebound then you can have the highest IQ on the court but you're not going to get the board. Basketball is mostly a mental game. And frye didn't add 15 pounds of muscle he said he only added 5 pounds in an interview posted on knicks.com. Nevertheless the kid has game...I'm liking him everytime I see him put that knick jersey on. But you're right about not trading away our future...they're making a big impact right now on our team...let them grow and they will be knick stars for us in the near future

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/vslmailbag_0607.html

From Derek (Charlotte, NC):
Q: Are there any negatives to adding the additional 20 lbs. It certainly helps your power game but how will it affect your agility?

A: I have actually gained 15 pounds of muscle and that will help me with my agility and explosiveness on the court. I have been working with our strength coach, Greg Brittenham, all summer and he gotten me in great shape.

;)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/vslfrye_060711.html
Knicks fans will notice a slightly new-look Frye this season, one perhaps better equipped to handle the wars down in the low post when needed. Early reports had Frye adding as many as 15 pounds to his 6-foot-11 frame. When told that figure, he laughed it off.

“I bulked up a little bit, but it’s not 15 pounds,” he said. “It’s more like five. I just got a lot in my legs from doing a lot of rehab. It’s just all athletic muscle.
;)

Toons

is the Bo$$
NYK-SAC SL Balkman, nate and lee shine

watch the highlights on nbs.com, wow, i see what i isiah saw in this kid, him and lee play like they were playing together for years, i like his explosiveness off the pick and his ability to accurately dish it late, while driving to the hoop...nate looks like he's working on his 3' shot and lee is amazing....question tho, did we win the game? we were up 3 with 3 mins to go