Knicks may be going for the wrong AL.

NYKnicks15

Starter
why would they want expiring contracts? they are in the hunt for Iverson so I dont see how that is a reasonable answer. they want something in return. and they need a crowd drawer.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The 1 and Only said:
Come on Don...how you going to diss H20 like that? This man is a christian, excellent devoter to his community, and gives countless millions to his own charity foundation. This man is a role model for idle citizens in this country. He needs to be respected and promoted instead of being criticized...

I don't give a damn if H2Zero turns out to be the 13th deciple. IT doesn't change the fact that the Houston 100+ million dollar deal was the worst $h^t NY has ever seen. How about giving some doe to the Knicks charity. You talk like this son of a bitch is Jesus of Nazireth. Listen I think it is great that Houston gives away money and lives a spirtual life, but that has nothing, NOTHING to do with what I believe to be the core reason why we are a sunk ship. Besides Spreewell was way better.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Anybody answer this question for me...if Scott Layden offered you a 100 million dollar contract and I don't care how good you are, would you say no to it???! It's not H20's fault that he had the contract...it's scott layden fault. And you have problems if you hate the guy off the court...the man is the prototype of a great man on and off the court...he brings the locker room together, he's coachable, he's spiritual, he's a leader, and never was he in an altercation. He also was the reason we went to face the Spurs in the championship. So are you going to hate on that? And are you not going to give any blame Scott Layden for any of this...because if I remember correctly...he traded away Patrick Ewing!! And he also traded away Marcus Camby and Nene for McDyess and Mark Jackson!! Talking about a horrible GM... I'm not going to argue about this playa...I don't agree either that H20 deserved a 100+ Million dollar contract but if free money is on the table...anyone on this earth will sign 100 Million dollar contract! if you believe this man is a bad man...you just go ahead because this topic isn't even arguable...you obviously just hate the guy for signing the contract...

donchris

The 1 and Only said:
Anybody answer this question for me...if Scott Layden offered you a 100 million dollar contract and I don't care how good you are, would you say no to it???! It's not H20's fault that he had the contract...it's scott layden fault. And you have problems if you hate the guy off the court...the man is the prototype of a great man on and off the court...he brings the locker room together, he's coachable, he's spiritual, he's a leader, and never was he in an altercation. He also was the reason we went to face the Spurs in the championship. So are you going to hate on that? And are you not going to give any blame Scott Layden for any of this...because if I remember correctly...he traded away Patrick Ewing!! And he also traded away Marcus Camby and Nene for McDyess and Mark Jackson!! Talking about a horrible GM... I'm not going to argue about this playa...I don't agree either that H20 deserved a 100+ Million dollar contract but if free money is on the table...anyone on this earth will sign 100 Million dollar contract! if you believe this man is a bad man...you just go ahead because this topic isn't even arguable...you obviously just hate the guy for signing the contract...

Very true. I have refured to Scott Layden as the devil before. You make way to much of Houston. He was a half ass shooting guard and he was soft. It was Spreewell that put this team on his back when Houston was no where to be found. The real reason that Spree did not get a major deal is that he held the stigma of choking a coach. That followed him his entire carreer. All of the things you mentioned about Houston have nothing to do with his game on the court. Houston was NOT the sole reason we faced the Spurs in the finals. Ever heard of a guy named L.J. (Larry Johnson) He was the backbone of this team. The fact is Houston sat on his ass for years and got paid for it. While L.J. played injured for years with a bad back. You really think Houston was injured for that long and really could not play at all? I hate the way people throw religion in to a subject that has nothing to do with religion. I hear Houston say he wouldn't play until GOD tells him to play. Do you honestly thing GOD gives a $h!t about the NBA? He's got more important things to do. But GOD didn't tell Houston to play so he stayed on the bench collecting millions. OK you've convenced me, GOD hates the Knicks!

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You must be bad mouthing him on the court cuz off the court this man is the ultimate humanitarian. On the court he was a solid jump shooter...and how was he soft? The man didn't penetrate like sprewell but then again sprewell didn't have that so sweet jumper that H20 had. If you're teaching you're lil kid how to shoot this is the guy to model. But besides that he was our best offensive weapon...he hit the wide open jumper, he constantly hit contested jumpers, he posted up smaller guards and worked slower guards off the dribble. So how is he soft? I don't consider him soft...soft are players like Rik Smits, Reggie Miller, and John Stockton...now that's soft. I don't consider H20 soft...you can't play in the post as a guard and be soft. Besides he wasn't the quickest guard in the NBA to drive around people. And besides...who was the last person to drop 50 on kobe? Wasn't sprewell...

donchris

This is not a subject we are going to agree on but I wanted to respond to your comment that Reggie Miller was soft. Not only did Miller hold down his team for years with little help, (I say little help because he didn't have the same talent level that the Knicks had at the time) but he burned both Spreewell and Houston night in and night out. They use to call Reggie the Knicks killer. Your a Houston fan so understand that Marbury fans will defend Steph like you are defending Houston. But that doesn't change the fact that dude was soft. He was not a hardnose player like Spree. Houston would not play Hurt and I believe he stayed out when he could play. That is what I call soft! Yeah he had a nice jumper but at some point you've got to take that inside. If you've got a guy as explosive as Spreewell once was you don't need Houston. Spree was a shooting guard. He played out of position for years and still stepped up. I'm not saying Houston was a bad player, I'm saying he was a good shooter but a poor shooting guard and did not deserve the 120 mill. All of this outside the court stuff your talking about is great. I mean that. It really is but has nothing to do with the game unless God is a Celtics fan.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i didnt like alan houston because of his contract but yet again he was offered 100+ million dolalrs but damn he hit some big shots, besides his contract i dont see anything wrong wit em and his D was kind of pathetic too

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Allen Iverson is NOT THE ANSWER! Just watch the team he plays on now! The real talent on that team is the OTHER AI and Iverson and Webber don't allow that to happen. Webber is just terrible he is just not any where near his old self. Iverson needs 30 shots to get 30 points the man only cares about himself! If he cared about his team, he would allow the other AI to take advantage of his natural gifts. AI also will need to be swapped with a team who is willing to trade away alot of youth or draft picks. The Celtics are the only team that may land AI, cause they have plenty of talent to go around. They are a very, very young team with 2 guys only over 30 years of age! Plus they are having doubts on some of their young Guards. Plus the Celtics feel AI can pair well with Pierce to make the Celtics a run at the title.

The Knicks don't have pieces for trade. Maybe James will play hard for Thomas cause if he can give us 20 minutes a game like he did in Seattle he is a solid player then. He should bounce back and do so with minutes. Brown hated his guts from the get-go!

Now I don't see how Francis can be considered small for a SG. He is a strong guard and plays hard defense. He can man up the opposing SG's I believe. Now how he can operate without the ball remains to be seen. But this could be a blessing for Francis cause if he plays off the ball maybe his game will go back to his INSANE days. I saw tape of him one time when he was at Allegany Community College and the dude was sick. Cause he did not play PG. His problem in the NBA as a PG is he LOVES TO dribble and keep the ball in his hand! I like his energy and his fire. I want to atleast see how they exist together with the upcoming season. The problem with the current roster is too many Guards and not enough minutes. Especially if you consider Q a guard as well. I like what I saw from Nate and I like to see him get his minutes, he is a spark plug off the bench for sure. Crawford was the best player on the court last season.

This is an exciting time for the Knicks. We shall see. If any trades will be done. I doubt it...

liquid347

Rookie
where is all this hatred for francis coming from? A.H. is a good man i've met him he was really cool. Oh and Donchris lets get something strait Scott Layden is not the devil, he's something FAR worse. as for A.I. no thanks we have enough guys that need the ball to score.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Thank you to the last two posters who have brought this topic back to where it belongs. Let's remain on subject and not off on some rant about Bad quality H20. Let's put that to rest. And religious beliefs do not make or break a basketball player so let's leave that out of topic (if ever brought up again). Freedom of speech is still intact.. let's just stay on topic and not offend anyone with personal beliefs. Thanks!:)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
sxmarbury516 said:
granted if the sixers would be dumb enough to trade AI for steve 'past his prime' francis and jerome 'over paid n outta shape' james then why the hell wouldnt we jump on that. but to face facts, i dont care how much philly may be lookin to ship out the answer they would NOT trade him for these 2 players.

id include one or several of these players for harrington...
jalen rose
nate robinson
mo taylor
malik rose
steve francis (they dont want him)
channing frye (along with a shitty contract)

There is no way I would trade Frye for Harrington! Everyone else in your list is fine by me but I can't see Atlanta wanting any of those guys unless we did add a young guy onto the deal. If Atlanta would take anexpiring contract straight up or even with future picks, I would do that as well. They are going to want either Frye or Lee with an expiring contract and probably want to use us to dump other garbbage as well.