Starting PF?

Who should be our starting PF?

• Malik Rose or Mo Taylor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portega1968

El Cacique
Unless we trade for a superstar, I believe David Lee deserves to be our starting PF on opening day. Forcing him to become a SF is just not right.

IMO, Frye should start at center with Curry off the bench (hopefully, we could get more out of Curry this way considering he never has much left at the end of a quarter).

Malik Rose and Mo Taylor will eventually be gone, so I don't think they should be taking away key minutes from our kids.

If we are gonna make a trade for a PF before the season starts, it should be for a strong, established PF who defends and rebounds, and there aren't many out there. I don't think Kmart is the answer. Wilcox or Jermaine O'Neal would be nice. If we trade for Al Harrington, he should be used at the 3spot, not the PF.

What ya'll think?

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
IMO Zeke should start Lee at PF and either Frye or Curry at C; thoes three guys together with M. Rose and Butler would give us a nice 5-man-rotation on PF and C.
Wilcox is would be a nice-to-have, but not really necessary.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Seeing Jackie wont be here. I say keep what we have unless we can get someone like Alonzo Mourning. I dont see how Wilcox is an improvement at all. You keep Curry at C (with Marbs & Craw running the show he will flourish. Larry kept him doing set plays thats not his gig). and put Lee or Frye at PF.

I like Lee a lot. and he is TOO slow to play the SF. You all say we won when he started there.. well he also couldnt defend anyone at the SF level to save his life. He IS a powerforward a good one at that. The only reason I like Frye at the PF is because he can block shots (which i think he will do more of this year). But seeing Lee in the summer leagues I dont know.. I give slight edge to Frye because of size. 6'11 Curry and 6'11 Frye just sounds so good

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I still think Curry has it in him to be a star center. If anyone will be able to get the best out of him it'll be Isaiah. Isaiah helped developed Jermaine O'Neal and Al Harrington in Indiana.

C - Curry
PF- Frye
SF- Woods (If we re-sign him)/Lee
SG- Francis
PG- Marbury

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
with the roster we have now i think our best bet for the starting 5 would be...
marbury
crawford
q-rich
lee
curry

our guards should be...
marbury
crawford
q-rich
collins

forwards...
balkman
lee
frye
woods

centers...
curry
james
frye

the others we use to trade for a starting sf and that banger pf we're still missing

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
without a doubt the knicks should get wilcox, i've been saying this for a while, i was always said the knicks should have drafted em, the knicks need wilcox,he is a athletic big man who could run,play D, and he could pick up the slack of eddy curry..wilcox bangs down low and thats wat the knicks need

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Channying Frye will start without a doubt at the PF

The starting lineup for the beginning of the season will be:

Marbury at PG
Francis at SG
Curry at C
Frye at PF
Q Rich or Lee at SF

Don't get me wrong, David Lee is one of my favorites but their is no way he will beat Frye at PF and no way that Frye is going to start at Center over Curry. If Lee truely wants some more minutes he has to back up Frye at PF full time or switch to SF, where Q can't handles the job by himself and Balkman who if far from being ready to start.

portega1968

El Cacique
Nice to see more people here agree that David Lee should be starting at the PF with Frye moving to center.

For those who think Curry deserves to be starting at center, ya'll really believe he'll leave behind his tendency to get too tired after five minutes of play?

Yeah, I know, Isiah is set on starting Frye at PF with Lee possibly starting at SF, but truth is, Lee is better suited for the 4spot; he isn't fast enough to guard the smaller SFs like Richard Jefferson or Carmelo Anthony.

And for those who expect a trade for Kmart, Isiah can pull the trigger on a trade for the fugazzi by simply giving up our expiring deals (Mo and Rose), but he prefers shipping out Francis, something Denver will not accept.

This means that Francis will be a starter when November rolls around in an attempt to attract interest in him from other teams for the february 2006 deadline.

I repeat, we need Lee's rebounding prowess at the PF spot.

Nevertheless, I would welcome a trade for Lewis and Wilcox, with Frye and Francis as bait.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Isiah can pull the trigger YES.. but he wont with that true. Denver doesnt want Steve Francis because Carmelo and Francis dont get along simple as that.

Once again we dont need Chris Wilcox. He's an athletic big scorer, remind why do we need another scorer? He doesn't get blocks so what purpose does he have? I like him yes. but hes not a necessity. Keep Frye.

Curry WILL be our starting Center and he WILL be in shape. The main reason we arent making many moves and also are trying to get Ariza back I believe is that Isiah wants to prove (stubbornly) that he can win with this exact squad. He will start Curry, he'll start Frye. Rose. Francis and Marbs just so he can prove that. He wont make but one starting lineup change unless injury comes around.

Frye to start. Stop this rant about lets trade him before his value goes down. This kid was playing great ball until Larry messed with him, who knows what he can be. Or cant be. Its a risk worth taking with him.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
If David Lee had a consistent jumpshot and was a little taller or stronger I'd say start him at the 4.. But Frye has better shotblocking potential, much more range and size. His shooting should help free things up for Curry, plus with Marbury and Francis, we need Frye's outside shot for spacing...Like I've said a thousand times b4, I've seen this kid knockdown 3's, he is a "pure shooter" at the 4, and the reason why he struggled defensively I felt was because he was a rookie and Brown only played man to man...If we don't put Lee at the 3, he'd be great coming off the bench at the 4 with Robinson, Crawford and Balkman since Thomas wants to play uptempo, our second unit would be able to run with anybody since Balkman and Lee fill the lanes and finish so well...

portega1968

El Cacique
Furious Lord, who you've seen knocking down 3's... Frye?

The only times I saw him shoot a 3ball, I could've sworn it was Dennis Rodman firing away, with one elbow pointing towards Iraq and the other to North Korea... Channing attempted 9 three-pointers in 2005 (only made 3) and it was a dog-ugly stroke, jejejeje.

Don't get me wrong, Channing has a sweet shot from mid-range and from the charity stripe, it's just that I'd like to see Curry off the bench (considering he get tired easily) and Frye in the middle. David Lee's rebounding with Frye by his side should improve our rebounding numbers. Curry off the bench should be able to make more damage on the other team's defense.

David's jumpshot has improved a ton this offseason (did ya'll know he led all rookies last year in FG%?). His long arms and vertical allow him to play much bigger.

This Is Off The Subject, But What Do Ya'll Think Of Center Paul Muller ? He Did A Good Job In Summer League With The Knicks. Instead Of Resigning Butler Is It A Possibillty Zeke Is Interested In Miller.

Miller Averaged 13.1pts, 6.6rbs In His Senior Year At Wichita State

NYKnicks15 said:
Isiah can pull the trigger YES.. but he wont with that true. Denver doesnt want Steve Francis because Carmelo and Francis dont get along simple as that.

Once again we dont need Chris Wilcox. He's an athletic big scorer, remind why do we need another scorer? He doesn't get blocks so what purpose does he have? I like him yes. but hes not a necessity. Keep Frye.

Curry WILL be our starting Center and he WILL be in shape. The main reason we arent making many moves and also are trying to get Ariza back I believe is that Isiah wants to prove (stubbornly) that he can win with this exact squad. He will start Curry, he'll start Frye. Rose. Francis and Marbs just so he can prove that. He wont make but one starting lineup change unless injury comes around.

Frye to start. Stop this rant about lets trade him before his value goes down. This kid was playing great ball until Larry messed with him, who knows what he can be. Or cant be. Its a risk worth taking with him.

2 things -

1 - does steve francis get along with anybody??

2 - How exactly do you know that a guy who has been in the league for 6 years and has never been in shape, magically WILL be in shape?

Play the young guys and rookies, DO NOT ADD 1$ OF PAYROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i really cannot stress that pont enough), Let the expiring contracts expire and keep and/or protect our future first rounders. Maybe by 2010 we mightbe headed in the right direction

NYKnicks15

Starter
Regarding Curry.. I know because he has been training with our fitness guy, the same one that has bulked up Frye. Frye is looking good man. Also he has Isiah wanting to prove Larry wrong. So he will have initiave. Just like before his contract year in 04-05 he WAS in phenomenal shape soo I dont know where you get the idea that he has never been in that shape before..

Now Steve Francis.. him and Steph get along haha. And of course him and Mobley are great friends. But besides for that I havent really heard a lot of positive relationships he has around the league.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You don't have to like each other to win...Shaq and kobe didn't like each other and they got the job done. Michael Jordan socked Kerr in the eye and practice and they won championships...so love is not a must...it's respect and chemistry. I don't really care if francis gets along with anyone but if we win, that's all that matters. These aren't lil girls that feud with each other...these are men with one common goal and that's to win...let's get with the program...

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Frye is not going to move up to a center unless Curry is hurt or on the bench. Isaih is going to have Curry play center and Frye play PF.