Thread: Why hasn't marbury reached the 2nd round of the playoffs

Hybrid View

Default Why hasn't marbury reached the 2nd round of the playoffs

I personally am not a fan of stephon. He is not a winner in my opinion. I have read nothing short of that marbury is the 2nd coming of michael jordan on this board. So i was hoping someone can explain how a player of all his talent is yet to lead a team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

supporting cast<<in minny, him and KG were still young<<<in NJ, that team sucked,Kmart was hurt,kittles was hurt and marbury didnt like van horn,in PHX where he finally had a good team, they made a good run almost upsetting the spurs but amare and marion were both young and inexperienced...and so what he hasnt make the 2nd round, there is also great players who hasnt make it
    EXAMPLE: Tracy McGrady, Kirilenko, Paul Gasol

Thumbs up

haha da truth speaks da truth again...I couldn't have said it better

Cool Why hasn't marbury reached the 2nd round of the playoffs

Originally Posted by datruth
    supporting cast<<in minny, him and KG were still young<<<in NJ, that team sucked,Kmart was hurt,kittles was hurt and marbury didnt like van horn,in PHX where he finally had a good team, they made a good run almost upsetting the spurs but amare and marion were both young and inexperienced...and so what he hasnt make the 2nd round, there is also great players who hasnt make it
    EXAMPLE: Tracy McGrady, Kirilenko, Paul Gasol

Sorry guys but LAME EXCUSES:

MARBURY IS A F'N LOOSER. He doesnt care about the team. He is interested in being "STARBURY". I mean how can he say: I **** on this team and i am going to be Starbury again.

I guess he feels inadequate

That`s the truth!!!

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Musa do you care to give us any examples of why that is your view or are you just another angry Knicks fan looking for some one to blame.

Veteran

I'm not the biggest fan of Marbs in the world but I've argued this point many times. If you look at the places he's been and the roster at those times or scenarios you'll see whats up. Especially in PHO. They were a real good team made the playoffs. then the following season he gets shipped to NY right after Amare gets hurt.

and Musa if you are referring to his I'm just gonna be "starbury" comments FROM LAST YEAR who cares?! he was making them to that POS larry brown. and we were what 15 games left in the season? we already sucked ass.

Yeah how many times has KG made it past the first round?
    or even worse.. McGrady. Gasol. like Truth already mentioned.

Chris you are absolutely correct.

I think we can all agree that Marbury has a ton of talent. His problem though is that he lets that fill his head, and often gets in the way of the overall team progress. he still plays with the streetball mentality..."I'm the best guy on the court, and I'm going to prove it to all of you." The "showboat" mentality is great for boosting your ego and getting the fans to fall in love with you, but it isn't necessarily the best thing for the team.

1. Minny- clearly KG was/is the better of the two. Steph couldn't accept being in the shadow of KG so he forced a trade.

2. NJ- That team did suck. The summer Steph got traded for Kidd, they drafted RJ and Jason Collins, two important pieces for NJ's playoff run.

3. Phoenix- That team was loaded with talent. Marion, Joe Johnson, Amare, Penny [he was actually contributing, especially in the playoffs]. Two reasons why Phoenix pulled the trigger was to A) create cap space and B) every single one of their players complained about Marbury and how they couldn't play with him.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    I'm not the biggest fan of Marbs in the world but I've argued this point many times. If you look at the places he's been and the roster at those times or scenarios you'll see whats up. Especially in PHO. They were a real good team made the playoffs. then the following season he gets shipped to NY right after Amare gets hurt.

and Musa if you are referring to his I'm just gonna be "starbury" comments FROM LAST YEAR who cares?! he was making them to that POS larry brown. and we were what 15 games left in the season? we already sucked ass.

Yeah how many times has KG made it past the first round?
    or even worse.. McGrady. Gasol. like Truth already mentioned.

Chris you are absolutely correct.
    The starbury thing is a joke because this guy is supposed to be a leader and one of the faces of the franchise and he's calling himself "starbury" which would be fine if he has a fist of rings, but he has none to back it up. so he just makes the franchise and himself look stupid. Not to mention a history of just horrendous quotes...

kg made it out one more time than marbury and should have made it more than that.

Veteran

Smile

Originally Posted by Protect ur picks Isiah
    I personally am not a fan of stephon. He is not a winner in my opinion. I have read nothing short of that marbury is the 2nd coming of michael jordan on this board. So i was hoping someone can explain how a player of all his talent is yet to lead a team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    Its everyone else fault besides "Starbury." That includes his former and current coaches, teamates, his momma forgot to pack his lunch, his shoes didn't fit right, the sun was in his eyes, he stepped on a crack.....

I'm loving the sarcasim...

Because every team he was/is with dont respond to his playing. they do good enough to get to the playoffs but no good enough to get further than that

Thumbs up

Good answer...I believe that 100%

Originally Posted by Protect ur picks Isiah
    ... So i was hoping someone can explain how a player of all his talent is yet to lead a team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    You're on the right track. The answer is because Stephon Marbury is a slug and his ego refuses to allow him to be coached. Isiah Thomas is the only person who would have an interest in someone like this, and overpay him while doing so.