Jackie Butler signs with Spurs

hoop115

Benchwarmer
The loss of Bulter leaves the Knicks with one open bench spot. I think the Knicks should absolutely re-sign Qyntel Woods...especially if we trade Francis for Martin. I think given more minutes, Woods could seriously develop into a solid contributor that can fill the SG/SF off the bench.

PG - Marbury/Robinson/Collins
SG - Crawford/J.Rose/Woods
SF - Richardson/Lee/Balkman
PF - Martin/M.Rose/Taylor
C - Curry/Frye/James

If the trade doesn't happen I still think we should re-sign him

PG - Marbury/Robinson/Collins
SG - Francis/Crawford/Richardson
SF - J.Rose/Woods/Balkman
PF - Frye/Lee/Taylor
C - Curry/M.Rose/James

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Jalen Rose would never play SG tho....you need to switch him with Q-Rich and I think Frye will back up Martin if the trade went through instead of Rose and if not frye it would be lee and frye would back up curry. In my opinion we really don't have to go after anyone...maybe we can sign qyntel but other than that it's not a must that we fill our empty roster spot. Malik Rose is our banger for right now and he can defend well. If we must send a banger in the game we would just send in Malik Rose. Class act and hardworker, Malik Rose fills that role perfectly. Other than that and Jalen Rose...our team is full of young talent that is ready to prove the world that Isiah is here to stay as our coach...

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I agree that Rose wouldn't play SG but if you had to have someone in the backcourt with Marbury or Nate, would you want QRich or Rose to be there? Rose has the ability to run the floor. Both Marbury & Nate have shooting guard mentalities. In those situations, I'd rather have the ball in Rose's hands than in QRich's. QRich's strengths are to post up weaker defenders or (if he ever finds his shot again) to camp out on the wings and shoot the three, something he could do effectively from the SF spot.

I originally put Frye as Martin's backup if the trade did go down, but that would leave us with James as Curry's primary back-up, something I think no one looks forward to. M.Rose used to be effective playing center when needed, but age is definetly a factor now especially since he's undersized at that position. I've always been a strong supporter in the grooming Frye into our starting PF. Frye has the tools to become a great PF. He's athletic, he has a great j with range and he's agile. His knocks are he's not a great rebounder and doesn't have a back-to-the-basket offensive game. What better place to learn those aspects than as a back-up center. He'll be able to gain valuable in-game experience and practice those tools against lesser opponents until he has developed them well enough where he can use them effectively to go along with his other skills.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm against this trade completely...not only does this go against the cap and not only is he a head case and not only is he another guy that will get mad if he doesn't get the ball...he will inhibit the growth of frye and maybe lee, he has bum knees, he's past his prime, and we have a young nucleus of guards and big men that we can actually become a force once we get some chemistry. This team doesn't need drastic trades like this. We won't really need much of a post game anyways since we're running and gunning. Curry can hold us until frye comes along. But frye has a decent back to the basket game...that's a big misconception of his game. Sometimes he does fall in love with that jumper but he has a pretty hook that he can shoot with either hand and his turnaround jumper is pretty much unstoppable. He just needs some lower body strength to help maintain his position down low. So moving him to backup Center where he'll play bigger guys is not a good idea in my opinion. I say we start frye and curry, let marbury and francis slash the defense to death and hopefully HOPEFULLY Q-Rich can hit that open three cuz that would be a big bonus and definitely would make us a threat down the stretch...

Finesse

Benchwarmer
I like Malik Rose, but I don’t think he can play defense that well anymore, although he has all the heart in the world. The thought of him chasing the SFs of the league around is positively frightening!! Hello, Mr. Balkman!
Yes, Marbury and Francis will slash defenses to death, but what about Crawford? Let’s not forget that he is a player in his own right. It’s because of Crawford that I’m in favor of Francis for Martin straight-up. As for Martin being a head case, so what? If he shows his ass, he can camp it on the bench and our rotation will still be nice. Love him or hate him, Martin is a power forward, and when healthy and motivated, a great one! Although the Knicks will want to run, Martin will be there when they can’t, and that’s a boost. Frye and Lee will get plenty of minutes from pure talent alone, Martin will not change that. Besides, if Martin takes minutes from those two guys, that’s good news!! That means he is playing at a high level, and that can only be good for the Knicks!! Plus the guy has been known to block a shot or two.
Richardson WILL regain his shot!! The opening up of the offense will be just what he needs, and that will make it tough to double the post players. We have the makings of a very dangerous team here.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
If malik rose would play, it wouldn't be against SF it would be against PF. And out all the things he did last year the best aspect of his game is his post defense. He has the strength to push his opponents out of position and maintain his box out position to get the rebound. He's getting older but he can still bang and rebound for his age no doubt. And there is no way Crawford can break down the defense like marbury and francis...this is why crawford might need to come off the bench to spark things up with his jumper. He not strong nor durable enough to penetrate and slash defenses up like marbury or francis...crawford is just not that big of a player. He has a good 3 inches on marbury and francis but he ways about 10-15 pounds less...And the trade for martin would be crazy if we're just going to sit him on the bench...especially if we trade francis for him. Francis will start and get minutes and is a better investment than kenyon martin. Francis wants to play for Isiah and NY...we can't say the same for kenyon. If we just stick to this roster and make minor changes as the season goes then we might be in good shape for the long run...