Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 66

Thread: Give me your best trade that would help the Knicks right now

  1. #16
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    New York Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Steve Francis To SEA
    Maurice Taylor To MIN
    Jamal Crawford To UTAH
    Channing Frye To UTAH
    Incoming
    Marko Jaric From MIN
    Eddie Griffin From MIN
    Carlos Boozer From UTAH
    Rashard Lewis FROM SEA

    I think you were very creative with your trade scenario but Seattle wants to dump salary and would never take on Frances. In fact, if they did deal Lewis to NY, they would want Frye in return. I'm not as against Boozer as NYKnicks15 is but I am scared of that contract. I like him as a defender/rebounder. If we could remove Frye from your scenarion I would be for it. The Knicks are capped out and will always be capped out. I can never see a time when they get under the cap, unless they are willing to right off the next 5 years and just go with what they have now. So, adding more money is not a problem for me. Like I said, Boozer would help the Knicks in the paint and Lewis would be give them the 3 they need. But in order to get Lewis Frye has to be in the deal for there to be a deal. I would part with Crawford if it got me either Boozer or Lewis so I have no problem with that.

  2. #17
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I'm reading alot of trade Crawford for so and so posts. I think you guys really underestimate Crawford. He will fit in well in Isiahs new run and gun system. We need his fire power comming off of the bench. Back on topic. If we can make a solid realistic trade for Harrington lets do it. I don't think any one will go for a Jerome James trade.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    I'm reading alot of trade Crawford for so and so posts. I think you guys really underestimate Crawford. He will fit in well in Isiahs new run and gun system. We need his fire power comming off of the bench. Back on topic. If we can make a solid realistic trade for Harrington lets do it. I don't think any one will go for a Jerome James trade.
    I totally agree
    Last edited by rady; Jul 18, 2006 at 01:13.

  4. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Island of Love
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @NYKnicks15
    Point of this trade is to strenght defence not to get offense because NYK have to much offensive firepower and to little defensive strength. With this trade, I think, we get a complementary pieces to our stars. In Boozer we get a complement to Curry. He will bang down low, he will rebound and he will do all the dirty things which Curry doesn't do. So I think we will have a strong inside presence offensively with Curry with the ball down low and we will have a complement in Boozer who will pick a "garbage". In the same manner, I think, Jaric is complement to Starbury because he defensive minded PG in a SG body, totally oposite of Starbury, who is a stud on offense. I totally disagree with you that Jaric is "can't shoot and organize" kind of player. Just look on MIN in games where he was a starter. They were in playoff picture last year with him as a starter. That answer something about his organization skills. About his shooting he is a .333 3 pt shooter during career (nba.com). Eddie Griffin is only add-in for this trade to work financially. His contract expires next season.
    What we loose: two very similar players to Starbury in Francis and Crawford. They are all shoot first PGs. And I think one is enough to have on your team, so between those three I choose Starbury. We also loose expiring contract of Mo Taylor which is not a big loose because we will nerver be under the cap (or not in the near future). And biggest loose is Frye but you have to loose something. For this trade it was frye or lee and I chose Frye because his market value is greater, he has a bad knee and Lee will be better as a backup for Boozer.
    So we will have starting 5 with 3 offensive minded players (Starbury, Lewis and Curry) and two defensive minded team oriented players (Jaric and Boozer) which is a good balance I think. The team get some balance with this trade.

    @hometheaterguy
    I totally agree with you about salary cap. If seattle wants cap space that is what knicks can offer. Instead of Francis they can offer J Rose. I think that any team discussing trade with NYK will ask some of young players. So it is better to give up somone with injury history. But if you want to get two players on a verge to be all stars you should give up some of yuor projects.

    @donchris & @jimkcchief88
    I agree that Crawford is underestimated sometimes but as I said before we have three VERY similar players in Starbury, Crawford and Francis. So I choose Starbury.

  5. #20
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Not only is our depth chart horrible but it's fragile after that trade. Frye, Curry, and Boozer aren't the most durable big men in the game. Besides you could find a better trade for the franchise than that...this guy is a potential all-star night in and night out...we have to get better value out of him than this....

  6. #21
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Not only is our depth chart horrible but it's fragile after that trade. Frye, Curry, and Boozer aren't the most durable big men in the game. Besides you could find a better trade for the franchise than that...this guy is a potential all-star night in and night out...we have to get better value out of him than this....
    I agree that Frye could and should land a better player than Boozer. I think Fyre might be worth parting with if we got Lewis from Seattle. They have a similiar type game. Both are strong offensivly and both grab rebounds but niether are great defenders in they do not body anyone up and do not have a great low post game on both sides of the ball. Lewis, though, is a proven entity while Frye is still a promise. Also, the reason why Crawford is brought up so much is because he has the most tradable contract out of all the guards and he is talented. He could land us a 4 that we need. That's why I suggested using Crawford and Taylor to get Randolph and Miles. I like this lineup:

    Curry/James
    Randolph/Lee/Miles
    Lewis/Miles/Balkman
    Frances/Richardson/
    Marbury/Robinson

    Next year we could use Malik's contract to try to land a position player.

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Too much for role players. especially one that has a huge contract and bum knees. one thats expiring. one that cant run a team (why did Minny come in the 8th worst if they were playoff bound with him at the helm?) and shoots 33% is that good these days?.

    way too much.

    heres an idea..
    Memphis- Jerome James, Maurice Taylor, Quentin Richardson & Steve Francis
    New York- Stromile Swift, Brian Cardinal, Eddie Jones and Mike Miller

    Why for them? Sizeable SG. Change. Great point guard to play with Gasol. a C with size. that can take some relief of Gasol. and still have cap relief. get rid of Cardinal.

    Why for us? Rid us of Francis. Get shotblocking Swift. A little more cap relief. Bye bye James.

    Curry/Frye
    Swift/Lee
    Rose/Jones/Balkman
    Crawford/Miller
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

    James/Tsakadilis
    Gasol/Taylor/Roberts
    Gay/Warrick
    Richardson/Jones
    Francis/Stoudamire/Lowry/Roberson

    what do ya think?

  8. #23
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Too much for role players. especially one that has a huge contract and bum knees. one thats expiring. one that cant run a team (why did Minny come in the 8th worst if they were playoff bound with him at the helm?) and shoots 33% is that good these days?.

    way too much.

    heres an idea..
    Memphis- Jerome James, Maurice Taylor, Quentin Richardson & Steve Francis
    New York- Stromile Swift, Brian Cardinal, Eddie Jones and Mike Miller

    Why for them? Sizeable SG. Change. Great point guard to play with Gasol. a C with size. that can take some relief of Gasol. and still have cap relief. get rid of Cardinal.

    Why for us? Rid us of Francis. Get shotblocking Swift. A little more cap relief. Bye bye James.

    Curry/Frye
    Swift/Lee
    Rose/Jones/Balkman
    Crawford/Miller
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

    James/Tsakadilis
    Gasol/Taylor/Roberts
    Gay/Warrick
    Richardson/Jones
    Francis/Stoudamire/Lowry/Roberson

    what do ya think?

    That's not to bad! Do you think Memphis might want Rose's contract? They would be giving us Jones and he has an expiring contract that is the same as Rose's. I know Memphis likes Swift, they wanted him to stay with Memphis before he went to Houston. Also, Memphis is trying to get a strong 4 to partner with Gasol so I don't think they are willing to give up Stromile. I like Eddie Jones though!! I would love to see him in a Knick uniform and I would see if I could swap Rose for Jones! They both have expiring contracts so Memphis would still have that chip. Also, as much as I like Miller, his knees are, in my opinion, almost as bad as K-marts. So, I'd rather have K-mart since he would fill a need more than Miller.

  9. #24
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by CharlesO#34
    @NYKnicks15
    Point of this trade is to strenght defence not to get offense because NYK have to much offensive firepower and to little defensive strength. With this trade, I think, we get a complementary pieces to our stars. In Boozer we get a complement to Curry. He will bang down low, he will rebound and he will do all the dirty things which Curry doesn't do. So I think we will have a strong inside presence offensively with Curry with the ball down low and we will have a complement in Boozer who will pick a "garbage". In the same manner, I think, Jaric is complement to Starbury because he defensive minded PG in a SG body, totally oposite of Starbury, who is a stud on offense. I totally disagree with you that Jaric is "can't shoot and organize" kind of player. Just look on MIN in games where he was a starter. They were in playoff picture last year with him as a starter. That answer something about his organization skills. About his shooting he is a .333 3 pt shooter during career (nba.com). Eddie Griffin is only add-in for this trade to work financially. His contract expires next season.
    What we loose: two very similar players to Starbury in Francis and Crawford. They are all shoot first PGs. And I think one is enough to have on your team, so between those three I choose Starbury. We also loose expiring contract of Mo Taylor which is not a big loose because we will nerver be under the cap (or not in the near future). And biggest loose is Frye but you have to loose something. For this trade it was frye or lee and I chose Frye because his market value is greater, he has a bad knee and Lee will be better as a backup for Boozer.
    So we will have starting 5 with 3 offensive minded players (Starbury, Lewis and Curry) and two defensive minded team oriented players (Jaric and Boozer) which is a good balance I think. The team get some balance with this trade.

    @hometheaterguy
    I totally agree with you about salary cap. If seattle wants cap space that is what knicks can offer. Instead of Francis they can offer J Rose. I think that any team discussing trade with NYK will ask some of young players. So it is better to give up somone with injury history. But if you want to get two players on a verge to be all stars you should give up some of yuor projects.

    @donchris & @jimkcchief88
    I agree that Crawford is underestimated sometimes but as I said before we have three VERY similar players in Starbury, Crawford and Francis. So I choose Starbury.
    I agree with you. I think trading a guy like Frye is not that unreasonable if you get back something needed. Lewis is something needed but the Knicks would loose out on a 4 and they are already very week at the spot. I would make the lewis trade if I also had another deal brewing that would bring in the type of 4 needed, like Randolph or K-mart. See, trading Frye for K-mart doesn't make sense to me because of the risk that comes with Kenyon but Lewis seems like a great matched trade for both teams. Lewis is an all-star type player and Frye is a young, cheap talnet for Seattle. This is one of those win - win trades to me. If You know you can pull the trigger on a trade for a 4, then you have to make that Lewis trade. What do you think?

  10. #25
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    I like Lewis but we can not forget about the salary cap. We are still way above it. The good thing about Frye is he's a solid up and coming player with a future and he isn't killing our cap. Lewis is a monitary step backwards. At least getting him for Frye is a step backwards. We've got 30 million coming off the books after next season. I'd keep it off!

    Frye: 12,240,769 over next 4 yrs

    Lewis: 30,389,610 over next 3 yrs

    Keep Frye.

  11. #26
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    I like Lewis but we can not forget about the salary cap. We are still way above it. The good thing about Frye is he's a solid up and coming player with a future and he isn't killing our cap. Lewis is a monitary step backwards. At least getting him for Frye is a step backwards. We've got 30 million coming off the books after next season. I'd keep it off!

    Frye: 12,240,769 over next 4 yrs

    Lewis: 30,389,610 over next 3 yrs

    Keep Frye.
    I agree with the need to reduce the cap. I think we keep Jalen's contract which would essetially take of almost 40 mil in salary and luxery tax. The Knicks can't go into a salary saving mode at this point. There are to entrentched with bad contracts and mediocre players. I think the Knicks have a core of players that can be the future. They need some help at 2 positions and they need that in the form of proven talent. Loosing Taylors and Roses's contract will knock down the cap but the Knicks will still be in the same boat with this lineup. A tweak or 2 can really change this team. Lewis and K-mart or Randolph would change the face of this team if you ask me. Maybe even try to land Wilcox in the deal as well.

  12. #27
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I say no-no to any deal involving Miles and Randolph...

    Now Lewis and Wilcox, I like that!!!

    Nevertheless, let's stick with the team as is and wait until February to make a trade.

  13. #28
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    donchris, what you are forgetting is that the Knicks are capped out for the next 4 years. Even if they let all the contracts expire this year, they are still way capped out. So it doesn't make sense to not make a move to save money. What you want to do is make sure the contracts you take back do not exceed the 4 years that you are capped out. This way you do not extend the cap problem past what you already have. So taking on more money is not a problem as long as the knicks can pay. So that's why you use these contracts and maybe a chip or 2 to fill multiple needs.

  14. #29
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by portega1968
    I say no-no to any deal involving Miles and Randolph...

    Now Lewis and Wilcox, I like that!!!

    Nevertheless, let's stick with the team as is and wait until February to make a trade.
    I can understand Miles but why not Randolph?

  15. #30
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I agree with the need to reduce the cap. I think we keep Jalen's contract which would essetially take of almost 40 mil in salary and luxery tax. The Knicks can't go into a salary saving mode at this point. There are to entrentched with bad contracts and mediocre players. I think the Knicks have a core of players that can be the future. They need some help at 2 positions and they need that in the form of proven talent. Loosing Taylors and Roses's contract will knock down the cap but the Knicks will still be in the same boat with this lineup. A tweak or 2 can really change this team. Lewis and K-mart or Randolph would change the face of this team if you ask me. Maybe even try to land Wilcox in the deal as well.
    The bar could not be lower for the Knicks right now. Every one knows that this is not a championship team. Not even close to one. After a horrendous season our top priority should be to get in a position to bring in better all around players and build a contending team. This can only be done by bringing down the salaries we pay to the players. In my opinion each trade can only be made if the salary is a consiteration. We've got enough juice on our squad to make a splash. I say one or two role players that make role playing money. I'd much rather have Frye than Martin. Frye is a potential all star. May be not next year but he could be the year after. While Martin is at the begining of the end of his career.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  2. BLAZERS KNICKS RAPTORS CELTICS TWOLVES TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By SouthamptonAin'tNewYawk! in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2005, 23:36
  3. Will the Knicks make a trade before the season starts?
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Aug 31, 2005, 15:36
  4. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25
  5. Knicks have trade options with Dallas
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2003, 12:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •