Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Give me your best trade that would help the Knicks right now

Default Medication needed for mentally ill member

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    That's if Isiah doesn't take us to the playoffs which is a definite playoffs...
    What they need to do is ban you for making completely ridiculous statements. Someone please get this guy back on his lithium medication. I think it's obvious that he missed a few.

For immediate results...

How about sending Jalen Rose (expiring contract), Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Mardy Collins and 3 1st round draft picks for Larry Hughes and LeBron James?

Yeah, 3 1st round draft picks might sound costly, but if we get LeBron on the team, how high could those draft picks be?

i think the knicks should take the risk wit Kmart cuz with the offensive plan for this year Kmart would be a great upgrade

I dont think hes worth the money and frye is capable of puttin up just as many points as kmart. Either a sf or sg would help the knicks out the most

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I dont think hes worth the money and frye is capable of puttin up just as many points as kmart. Either a sf or sg would help the knicks out the most
    firset off Kmart got much better D than channing frye, he can guard multiple positions and kmart is better than frye in this offense, the knicks can have a line up of steph, francis, jefferies, kmart and frye when curry is resting or in foul trouble and kmart feeds off the fans energy, he would be perfect for the knicks

Originally Posted by wymm
    For immediate results...

How about sending Jalen Rose (expiring contract), Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Mardy Collins and 3 1st round draft picks for Larry Hughes and LeBron James?

Yeah, 3 1st round draft picks might sound costly, but if we get LeBron on the team, how high could those draft picks be?

I'm pretty sure we could offer cleveland our entire team, 100 first round picks, and a hundred million in cash and i still don't think they'd give up Bron.

why would we give up 5 young, talented players including 3 future rookies who may be superstars one day for hughes (who is at his prime right now, and injury prone) and lebron, who we may pursue anyway when hes an unrestricted f.a? its basically an 8 for 2 trade.

Yea cleveland aint givin up lebron but as far as kmart for the money hes gettin paid theyre better off givin frye the time to develop. No question about it kmart would make the knicks better next year but i think they just need to be patient with the young guys, let them play and try to make the playoffs this year. It shouldnt be a problem normally with a roster this talented but the lack of chemistry leaves some questioning.

Originally Posted by speedofdark
    I'm pretty sure we could offer cleveland our entire team, 100 first round picks, and a hundred million in cash and i still don't think they'd give up Bron.
    Probably. But that's the best trade that I could come up with to immediately help the Knicks. You gotta admit, it would help the team immediately. No one said it had to be realistic. lol...

Originally Posted by ny3nyk
    why would we give up 5 young, talented players including 3 future rookies who may be superstars one day for hughes (who is at his prime right now, and injury prone) and lebron, who we may pursue anyway when hes an unrestricted f.a? its basically an 8 for 2 trade.
    Yes, it is an 8 for 2 trade, but when you get the best player in the trade, you make the deal. As talented as our players are, LeBron is as young (or younger, he turns 22 in December) as many of the rookies we have, and WAY more talented by several levels. He's a superstar now, while the others we have to wait for. After all, there's no guarantee that he'll sign with the Knicks when he becomes an UFA.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Yea cleveland aint givin up lebron but as far as kmart for the money hes gettin paid theyre better off givin frye the time to develop. No question about it kmart would make the knicks better next year but i think they just need to be patient with the young guys, let them play and try to make the playoffs this year. It shouldnt be a problem normally with a roster this talented but the lack of chemistry leaves some questioning.
    I like the idea of K-Mart as a Knick, primarily for his D, but I am concerned about how well K-Mart will mesh with Marbury. I don't recall the two of them getting along all that well when they were Nets. I'd also see about converting K-Mart to the SF position. He's got the speed, size and definitely the power to play that position. I could see him doing stuff like Andrei Kirilenko or Ron Artest.

Originally Posted by wymm
    Yes, it is an 8 for 2 trade, but when you get the best player in the trade, you make the deal. As talented as our players are, LeBron is as young (or younger, he turns 22 in December) as many of the rookies we have, and WAY more talented by several levels. He's a superstar now, while the others we have to wait for. After all, there's no guarantee that he'll sign with the Knicks when he becomes an UFA.
    yes the knicks get lebron, but the knicks are the ones who suffer more financially. giving up a bunch of talent and rookie contracts for a two godzilla contracts. this is just a step back in a big name f.a chase in the not so distant future. with lebron the knicks once again turn into a one dimensional team with clashing egos. lebron is not like shaq who can mend team differences and create chemistry.

the knicks could try and get carmelo anthony. he can attack the basket and shoot the outside shots, and just a good all around player. thats the type of player the knicks need right now.

No more trades...this is as good as we're going to get...any other trade has a high probablility of being foolish

being realistic, carmelo and lebron aint going nowhere for another 10 years when they'll probably sign for the veterans minimum to fight for a champion ship on a championship team (assuming they dont make title runs in their careers)