Give me your best trade that would help the Knicks right now

NYKnicks15

Starter
a 6'2 and 6'3 is not a good backcourt option. Steve Francis has not been an allstar in how many years? He's a great player yes, but we have no need for him. and no one wants his contract. no one really wants him. if we can get a rugged PF (with not much more on his contract) let either Taylor or Rose expire we have lost nothing, added depth to a position of need, have insurance for James and gain a pick.

Francis is not the answer here. I want a SG that is a SG. at least 6'4-6'5 and can shoot the 3 ball.. thats crawford and Q.

@NYKnick15
Yeah yeah my fellow GM, maybe IT has some empty spaces in his GM team hahahahahah.
Francis & 1st rounder for K-Mart only if it is next year 1st rounder which we're gonna swap with Bulls. K-Mart is big risk everybody knows that but as you said it is better to have POWERforward than 6'2 SG (except if SG is AI). But according to realgm.com Francis goes to Denver as well J.R.Smith. So one of those trades ain't gonna pass. I think J.R.Smith goes to Denver and we need to find a place for Francis

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
a 6'2 and 6'3 is not a good backcourt option. Steve Francis has not been an allstar in how many years? He's a great player yes, but we have no need for him. and no one wants his contract. no one really wants him. if we can get a rugged PF (with not much more on his contract) let either Taylor or Rose expire we have lost nothing, added depth to a position of need, have insurance for James and gain a pick.

Francis is not the answer here. I want a SG that is a SG. at least 6'4-6'5 and can shoot the 3 ball.. thats crawford and Q.
Well this is very true...francis hasn't been an all-star since he was in houston BUT he arguably had the best year of his career in Orlando when he averaged 21 pts 7 apg 6 rpg 1 stl in 38 mpg. To me...that's an all-star in my book. I really can't name another point guard that puts up those numbers and Orlando was actually winning at the time...they were 6 or 7 in the playoffs at the time. The only knock on him is that he averaged 4 TOs a game. But then again Jason Kidd averaged almost 4 TOs a game and he automatically made it to the all-star team. Anyways the franchise put up those numbers in 04-05...04-04 that's two seasons ago. Steve Francis is not an old man and his game has not diminished in 2 years... this man still has game and his heart is never doubted. This is why we have JC and maybe Q coming off the bench. Steve can stay in front of any SG it's just that he might have a height mismatch. Kenyon Martin does not fit into this equation...sounds like another Jalen Rose trade to me. And Kenyon Martin is too fragile to rugged so I know we can find better. And Steve Francis and a 1st Rounder is almost just as bad as the excessive talent and prospects just to get Curry. K-Mart is damaged goods...we should be able to trade less to get him. And he's NO all-star and not capable of putting up all-star numbers unlike steve francis.

Marbury Is A Tool, and So are You

You people deserve absolutely no respect whatsoever. You spend a stupid amount of time and energy talking seriously about trades and all this other nonsense in a vein attempt to fix a team that has been completely run into the ground by an owner and a GM who are the absolute laughing stock of every professional sports writer and commentator in the country, and who have absolutely no foresight or common sense into what the hell their doing other than to run around playing Mr big shot VIP executive. Thomas is real good at spending or should I say wasting other people's money and that’s it. Then, rather than admit to where the real problems lay you display even less sense by defending the two MORONS who drove the team into the ground to begin with. They hire a coach and pay him way more money than was needed in that they were competing with no real offer on the table, then they fire him because they don't like his assessment of where the problems are, in a display of total managerial stupidy from every end of that transaction.
This is put up or shut up time for Thomas. Hopefully, this dick wad will be history with this organization after this season is over, and than likely way before then. Afterward, hopefully you gay idiots out there who continue to defend Thomas, Dolan and Marbury will go back under the rock you all crawled out from under and I can go back to not berating you’re senselessness.

NYKnicks15

Starter
no no Steve Francis goes to Denver for Martin & a first rounder. we dont give up a first rounder. and no Steve even told teammates he wants to be traded.. so how that fits into "he wants to play for NY and Isiah" is a little weird to me.

yeah and you dont deserve our respect "MSG Three Ring Circus" you joke us and criticize us for spending a stupid amount of time on posting here. well compared to what? how many times youve re-created a profile under different names to criticize this site/team. haha i mean get real. if you are gonna come at this site and the people on it.. dont be a hypocrit. we enjoy this team and the discussion it brings. not everyone defends the knicks actions we all have our different opinion. and if its such a problem and burden to you LEAVE! no one will miss you. so whos worse.. The "idiots" that post here.. or the guy who dubs us idiots yet posts her continously as well???

Medication needed for mentally ill member

The 1 and Only said:
That's if Isiah doesn't take us to the playoffs which is a definite playoffs...

What they need to do is ban you for making completely ridiculous statements. Someone please get this guy back on his lithium medication. I think it's obvious that he missed a few.

wymm

Rookie
For immediate results...

How about sending Jalen Rose (expiring contract), Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Mardy Collins and 3 1st round draft picks for Larry Hughes and LeBron James?

Yeah, 3 1st round draft picks might sound costly, but if we get LeBron on the team, how high could those draft picks be? ;)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i think the knicks should take the risk wit Kmart cuz with the offensive plan for this year Kmart would be a great upgrade

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont think hes worth the money and frye is capable of puttin up just as many points as kmart. Either a sf or sg would help the knicks out the most

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
MSGKnickz33 said:
I dont think hes worth the money and frye is capable of puttin up just as many points as kmart. Either a sf or sg would help the knicks out the most

firset off Kmart got much better D than channing frye, he can guard multiple positions and kmart is better than frye in this offense, the knicks can have a line up of steph, francis, jefferies, kmart and frye when curry is resting or in foul trouble and kmart feeds off the fans energy, he would be perfect for the knicks

wymm said:
For immediate results...

How about sending Jalen Rose (expiring contract), Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Mardy Collins and 3 1st round draft picks for Larry Hughes and LeBron James?

Yeah, 3 1st round draft picks might sound costly, but if we get LeBron on the team, how high could those draft picks be? ;)

I'm pretty sure we could offer cleveland our entire team, 100 first round picks, and a hundred million in cash and i still don't think they'd give up Bron.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
why would we give up 5 young, talented players including 3 future rookies who may be superstars one day for hughes (who is at his prime right now, and injury prone) and lebron, who we may pursue anyway when hes an unrestricted f.a? its basically an 8 for 2 trade.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yea cleveland aint givin up lebron but as far as kmart for the money hes gettin paid theyre better off givin frye the time to develop. No question about it kmart would make the knicks better next year but i think they just need to be patient with the young guys, let them play and try to make the playoffs this year. It shouldnt be a problem normally with a roster this talented but the lack of chemistry leaves some questioning.

wymm

Rookie
speedofdark said:
I'm pretty sure we could offer cleveland our entire team, 100 first round picks, and a hundred million in cash and i still don't think they'd give up Bron.
Probably. But that's the best trade that I could come up with to immediately help the Knicks. You gotta admit, it would help the team immediately. No one said it had to be realistic. lol... :)

wymm

Rookie
ny3nyk said:
why would we give up 5 young, talented players including 3 future rookies who may be superstars one day for hughes (who is at his prime right now, and injury prone) and lebron, who we may pursue anyway when hes an unrestricted f.a? its basically an 8 for 2 trade.
Yes, it is an 8 for 2 trade, but when you get the best player in the trade, you make the deal. As talented as our players are, LeBron is as young (or younger, he turns 22 in December) as many of the rookies we have, and WAY more talented by several levels. He's a superstar now, while the others we have to wait for. After all, there's no guarantee that he'll sign with the Knicks when he becomes an UFA.

wymm

Rookie
MSGKnickz33 said:
Yea cleveland aint givin up lebron but as far as kmart for the money hes gettin paid theyre better off givin frye the time to develop. No question about it kmart would make the knicks better next year but i think they just need to be patient with the young guys, let them play and try to make the playoffs this year. It shouldnt be a problem normally with a roster this talented but the lack of chemistry leaves some questioning.
I like the idea of K-Mart as a Knick, primarily for his D, but I am concerned about how well K-Mart will mesh with Marbury. I don't recall the two of them getting along all that well when they were Nets. I'd also see about converting K-Mart to the SF position. He's got the speed, size and definitely the power to play that position. I could see him doing stuff like Andrei Kirilenko or Ron Artest.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
wymm said:
Yes, it is an 8 for 2 trade, but when you get the best player in the trade, you make the deal. As talented as our players are, LeBron is as young (or younger, he turns 22 in December) as many of the rookies we have, and WAY more talented by several levels. He's a superstar now, while the others we have to wait for. After all, there's no guarantee that he'll sign with the Knicks when he becomes an UFA.

yes the knicks get lebron, but the knicks are the ones who suffer more financially. giving up a bunch of talent and rookie contracts for a two godzilla contracts. this is just a step back in a big name f.a chase in the not so distant future. with lebron the knicks once again turn into a one dimensional team with clashing egos. lebron is not like shaq who can mend team differences and create chemistry.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
the knicks could try and get carmelo anthony. he can attack the basket and shoot the outside shots, and just a good all around player. thats the type of player the knicks need right now.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
being realistic, carmelo and lebron aint going nowhere for another 10 years when they'll probably sign for the veterans minimum to fight for a champion ship on a championship team (assuming they dont make title runs in their careers)