Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Give me your best trade that would help the Knicks right now

Originally Posted by donchris
    The bar could not be lower for the Knicks right now. Every one knows that this is not a championship team. Not even close to one. After a horrendous season our top priority should be to get in a position to bring in better all around players and build a contending team. This can only be done by bringing down the salaries we pay to the players. In my opinion each trade can only be made if the salary is a consiteration. We've got enough juice on our squad to make a splash. I say one or two role players that make role playing money. I'd much rather have Frye than Martin. Frye is a potential all star. May be not next year but he could be the year after. While Martin is at the begining of the end of his career.
    Good point but what money are you saving? They are capped out for 4 years so why not add to the payrole as long as you do not exceed the 4 years you are capped out? You are right, we have a lot of juice and role players are needed. I agree 100% but I also feel 1 or 2 key players are needed to really cement this roster. The Knicks right now are looking to lower prices, that means the orginazation will take somewhat of a hit. You put a team that contends on the floor night in and night out, the Knicks can one again be the Prince of the City.I would rather pay $10 more a ticket if I can see my Knicks win then save 10 bucks and watch another pathetic year. Even if we add 10 more wins, it will still be horendous!

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nba Logo

This coming season the new salary cap will be $53.135M. There are currently 17 NBA teams that are over 53M and most of them are not trying to add on salaries. Now my understading is that there are stipulations in the salary rule that allows teams to go slightly over the cap but not 100M over. I hear what you're saying about us being in caphell for four years but really it won't be that long. Once Houston and both Roses come off we will be just over 50 mill. This can happen in two years.

I beleive Labron James is no fool. He took a lesser deal for a reason. James may come to NY in 3 years so we've got to be ready. This is all apart of Isiah's master plan. You guys can talk that fire Zek bull$h!t if you want to but dude is a vissionary. Thomas brought in a young runing team with the future most dominate center in the league. That's right! Shaq will be gone and Duncan's game by then will begin to take a downward spiral. So there will really only be Yao and Curry. Now add in Labron James to this squad in thee years with low salaries and you've got a championship team. For this reason I say stay away from the Martin's of the league.

Default Puuuuuhhleeease, GET A FREEKING BRAIN ALREADY

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    That's if Isiah doesn't take us to the playoffs which is a definite playoffs...I can't wait til this season starts so you Isiah haters will be quiet for once and talk about something else...
    Don't bet on it numb nut

hahaha! This cat is really serious....I'ma laugh when you get kicked out again and you'll have to get a new name...you're too easy playa...waaay too easy hahaha

Off Topic

he already has 2 IP addresses banned, let's see what he comes up with now
    but i think we should all just ignore the forum bitch

NYKnicks15
    Too much for role players. especially one that has a huge contract and bum knees.
    I can agree with this, but as we all know NYK always give more value in trades, and what we need now is role players because we have too much stars on our team

NYKnicks15
    one that cant run a team (why did Minny come in the 8th worst if they were playoff bound with him at the helm?)
    According to 82games.com:
    MIN 2005/06
    Top Five-Man Floor Units
    1 Jaric-Hassell-Szczerbiak-Garnett-Olowokandi 14-14
    2 Jaric-Hassell-Szczerbiak-Garnett-Griffin 13-11

You can check [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Do you see my point?

NYKnicks15
    and shoots 33% is that good these days?.
    According to nba.com career %
    Q. Richardson FG% .401 3P% .352
    M.Jaric FG% .400 3p% .333
    This is very similar and most of the people on this forum will agree that Q-Rich is good 3pt shooter

NYKnicks15
    heres an idea..
    Memphis- Jerome James, Maurice Taylor, Quentin Richardson & Steve Francis
    New York- Stromile Swift, Brian Cardinal, Eddie Jones and Mike Miller
    I think this is not bad idea but you have also minuses: bum knees (or back) in M.Miller, bad contract in B.Cardinal unprowen player in S.Swift and pluses: E.Jones expiring contract besides players quality.
    But if we look only talent-wise i think we get more talent in Lewis, Boozer, Jaric, Griffin than in Swift, Cardinal, Jones, Miller but we loose more talent in Francis, Taylor, Crawford, Frye than in Francis, Taylor, James, Richardson.
    So I think both trades are similar talent-wise.

hometheatergy
    Lewis is an all-star type player and Frye is a young, cheap talnet for Seattle. This is one of those win - win trades to me. If You know you can pull the trigger on a trade for a 4, then you have to make that Lewis trade. What do you think?
    I think seatlle wont trade for big man. They have 3 prospects (R.Swift, J.Petro, S.Sene) and established young man in N.Collison and Free Agent to sign in C.Wilcox

Donchris
    Salary cap
    I think that generally clearing the cap for LBJ is a good idea, but is it real to expect LBJ in NY. If we try to clear the cap because of savings I think that is not a NYK story.

portega1968
    I say no-no to any deal involving Miles and Randolph...
    Now Lewis and Wilcox, I like that!!!
    I agree with you Randolph is a offensive oriented and demands ball. That is what we have alot. Miles is a good but underachiever besides he was a cancer on every team where he was.
    Lewis Wilcox is a better idea then Miles Randolph only if Wilcox is signed for reasonable money not for 10mil/year. He has only couple of strong showings and his manager thinks he is worth as very OVERPAID Nene.

Veteran

Great post man. But alright.. i dont think anyone thinks Q is a good 3 point shooter in fact his shooting percentages are always low and have always been its just hwne he did the run and gun no one minded cause he made some of them and that was the style..

and i hardly call 2 games over 500 playoff material in the west man. I mean they were mediocre at best.

Boozer (Bad Contract. (47.4 over 4 years) Bad knees (3 years- 159 games)
    Griffin (2 year contract. (5.6 over 2 years) Legal problems)
    Jaric (Bad Contract. (32.7 over 5 years) Not that great of a passer)
    Lewis (HUGE PLUS)

and we lose Crawford, Francis, Frye, Taylor.

Miller (Bad Knees (3 years 215 games). Bad Contract. (34.6 over 4 years.) Great shooter)
    Jones (Expiring (15.6/1year). Great shooter. Playoff experience. team player)
    Cardinal (Bad Contrat. 24.3 over 4 years)
    Swift (good contract 17.4 over 3 years. good shot blocker. 9-5 guy)

and we lose Taylor. Francis. James & Richardson.

The contracts we get back arent nearly as bad. Millers knees are better than Boozers. Jones gives us more cap room. we get rid of three contract problems in Q, Francis and of course JEROME JAMES. We get a shot blocker.

i can see where they are even in soem ways.. except that we give up way less. i like Lewis and all but thats why too much to give up.

@ NYKnicks15
    I see your point. But like in every discussion there is also two point of view in this one. You like some players I like others, you think 2 wins over .500 is not a playoff material in the west I think it is (look at the LAL last season), you think 6.54M/Year for 8.3ppg 4.3apg 2.9 rpg 1.5spg 0.2bpg (Jaric) is bad contract and 5.8M/Year for 9ppg 0.6apg 4.7rpg 0.7spg 1.3bpg (Swift) is good contract I don't, etc, etc... That's only personal opinion. But I think we agreed in principle that if we want to make some changes we have to take some bad contracts and less value than we give. And if you will do such a thing then do it with reason, not like in previous period when our GMs did trades just because of trades and just to try to shake the team with the new star.

Veteran

Indeed my friend we should be co-GM's. I like Isiah but I know if one of us are gonna get stuck with a bad contract.. we both should haha. And yeah I see where the disrepency in bad contracts lies with Jaric and Swift but I say bad for Jaric (besides that im not fond of him) that his is much larger and IMO I dont believe we need his "skills" but a shotblocker is somethign we are in dier need of..

so im hearing Francis for Martin and a first rounder.. what do you think?

Francis for Martin and a 1st Rounder is decent...but I still think we could do better than that. We're talking about an all-star here. If we give steve a chance I really believe he can do good for us. He's working out with lucas down in houston so you know he's down to business. Frye added muscle, Curry is also working with knick staff trainers, and marbury is being marbury...the man is always in shape. If Q can get his back straight we might have a decent line-up.

Veteran

a 6'2 and 6'3 is not a good backcourt option. Steve Francis has not been an allstar in how many years? He's a great player yes, but we have no need for him. and no one wants his contract. no one really wants him. if we can get a rugged PF (with not much more on his contract) let either Taylor or Rose expire we have lost nothing, added depth to a position of need, have insurance for James and gain a pick.

Francis is not the answer here. I want a SG that is a SG. at least 6'4-6'5 and can shoot the 3 ball.. thats crawford and Q.

@NYKnick15
    Yeah yeah my fellow GM, maybe IT has some empty spaces in his GM team hahahahahah.
    Francis & 1st rounder for K-Mart only if it is next year 1st rounder which we're gonna swap with Bulls. K-Mart is big risk everybody knows that but as you said it is better to have POWERforward than 6'2 SG (except if SG is AI). But according to realgm.com Francis goes to Denver as well J.R.Smith. So one of those trades ain't gonna pass. I think J.R.Smith goes to Denver and we need to find a place for Francis

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    a 6'2 and 6'3 is not a good backcourt option. Steve Francis has not been an allstar in how many years? He's a great player yes, but we have no need for him. and no one wants his contract. no one really wants him. if we can get a rugged PF (with not much more on his contract) let either Taylor or Rose expire we have lost nothing, added depth to a position of need, have insurance for James and gain a pick.

Francis is not the answer here. I want a SG that is a SG. at least 6'4-6'5 and can shoot the 3 ball.. thats crawford and Q.
    Well this is very true...francis hasn't been an all-star since he was in houston BUT he arguably had the best year of his career in Orlando when he averaged 21 pts 7 apg 6 rpg 1 stl in 38 mpg. To me...that's an all-star in my book. I really can't name another point guard that puts up those numbers and Orlando was actually winning at the time...they were 6 or 7 in the playoffs at the time. The only knock on him is that he averaged 4 TOs a game. But then again Jason Kidd averaged almost 4 TOs a game and he automatically made it to the all-star team. Anyways the franchise put up those numbers in 04-05...04-04 that's two seasons ago. Steve Francis is not an old man and his game has not diminished in 2 years... this man still has game and his heart is never doubted. This is why we have JC and maybe Q coming off the bench. Steve can stay in front of any SG it's just that he might have a height mismatch. Kenyon Martin does not fit into this equation...sounds like another Jalen Rose trade to me. And Kenyon Martin is too fragile to rugged so I know we can find better. And Steve Francis and a 1st Rounder is almost just as bad as the excessive talent and prospects just to get Curry. K-Mart is damaged goods...we should be able to trade less to get him. And he's NO all-star and not capable of putting up all-star numbers unlike steve francis.

Default Marbury Is A Tool, and So are You

You people deserve absolutely no respect whatsoever. You spend a stupid amount of time and energy talking seriously about trades and all this other nonsense in a vein attempt to fix a team that has been completely run into the ground by an owner and a GM who are the absolute laughing stock of every professional sports writer and commentator in the country, and who have absolutely no foresight or common sense into what the hell their doing other than to run around playing Mr big shot VIP executive. Thomas is real good at spending or should I say wasting other people's money and that’s it. Then, rather than admit to where the real problems lay you display even less sense by defending the two MORONS who drove the team into the ground to begin with. They hire a coach and pay him way more money than was needed in that they were competing with no real offer on the table, then they fire him because they don't like his assessment of where the problems are, in a display of total managerial stupidy from every end of that transaction.
    This is put up or shut up time for Thomas. Hopefully, this dick wad will be history with this organization after this season is over, and than likely way before then. Afterward, hopefully you gay idiots out there who continue to defend Thomas, Dolan and Marbury will go back under the rock you all crawled out from under and I can go back to not berating you’re senselessness.

Veteran

no no Steve Francis goes to Denver for Martin & a first rounder. we dont give up a first rounder. and no Steve even told teammates he wants to be traded.. so how that fits into "he wants to play for NY and Isiah" is a little weird to me.

yeah and you dont deserve our respect "MSG Three Ring Circus" you joke us and criticize us for spending a stupid amount of time on posting here. well compared to what? how many times youve re-created a profile under different names to criticize this site/team. haha i mean get real. if you are gonna come at this site and the people on it.. dont be a hypocrit. we enjoy this team and the discussion it brings. not everyone defends the knicks actions we all have our different opinion. and if its such a problem and burden to you LEAVE! no one will miss you. so whos worse.. The "idiots" that post here.. or the guy who dubs us idiots yet posts her continously as well???