Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: Isiah Thomas:Mastermind or Menace?

  1. #16
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i've always backed up isiah and im not stopping now....the eddy curry trade was a good trade, nobody in here actually believed that the knicks were going be this pathetic....

  2. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Know Your Role, NY!!

    One thing people must remember: we, as fans, are not privy to the inner workings of the organizations we root for. We do not know the character of the players or even the management involved. All we can do is speculate. The media, though a little more in the know, are also mainly out of the loop. But because they are the media, we tend to listen more to them. We think they may know more than they actually do.
    The point made about the NY fans by ‘The 1 and Only’ is dead-on. The fans are always all hot for the moves until they don’t pan out right away. Fans tend not to be farsighted when it comes to the trades made by their teams. It’s a little less true when it comes to draft picks, but not much.
    To say that a man who has played in the NBA at a high level and built a decent Indiana team does not know what he is doing is ridiculous!! I wonder if ‘os2wiz’ thinks he (or she) is more knowledgeable than a Hall of Fame NBA champion. Call me crazy, but I trust Isiah a little more than ‘os2wiz’!
    ‘Hometheaterguy’, do you really believe Larry Frontrunner got the most out of the talent he had last year? Do you honestly think the current Knick roster is only worth 23 wins? Even you say yourself that the East is weaker, so that in itself means more wins. The reasons stated by ‘The 1 and Only’ are extremely valid, and you know it.
    Marbury and Francis have been losing, I’m sure they’ll be able to play together. They won’t have to do it as a tandem all year, but in spurts, it should be fun!
    The Eddy Curry trade was a good trade. It looked like a bad trade because of 1 reason: Eddy Curry! He plays like he’s capable, and that trade is a steal for NY!!

  3. #18
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    8

    Thumbs up

    Finally somebody speaks with reason. We don't all have to agree on everything but finesse basically said the basic facts and fair playing grounds that we have for the upcoming season. Anything less should be uncivilized...

  4. #19
    Member Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The reason I hated the Eddy Curry trade was because Isiah gave chicago an unprotected lottery pick and the right to flip-flop picks next year.

    What other GM in the NBA would be stupid enough to do that?

  5. #20
    Superstar KnicksFan20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    It's funny that you mentioned NBA Live, because the Knicks are like a top team on that game with the current lineup. To bad it doesn't play out like that in real life! The reality is this team is made up of way to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Everyone want to have the game flow through them and that is khaos right off the bat. The teams construction doesn't make sence; Frances AND marnbury on the floor at the same time? That's like sending a Marine squad into battle and 9 out of the 12 guys are all captains and want to run the squad. Just doesn't work!! How can you put a football team on the field with multiple QBs? That's essentially what this squad is. There needs to be a few guys that are traded away for more role players and defensive minded guys.

    That is exactly what i think and that is probably the greatest comparison i have ever read lol.

  6. #21
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Like what i said that is not the case because players like marbury and francis are willing to sacrifice to win. Somebody will and must take the 2nd role...period. These are grown men who want to win...not a biddy league basketball team filled with ball hogs and the coaches son. Things will work itself out and when it does....everybody will be back on the bandwagon

  7. #22

    Default This Site Should Be Called Whack Job Central

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    ... These guys are like expanding gas...you can't bottle up expanding gas into a system because it will explode in your face. Look for more wins, a playoff birth, and hopefully a 1st round advance...and when the knicks make the playoffs and do become a better team from last year...I don't want to hear people changing there tunes because I'mma be the first person to say I told you so...
    This guy is a delusional nut case.

    The answer to the forum topic is in fact: MENACE.

    Yeah, he's a mastermind allright. A mastermind of DISASTER.

    And who wrote this article anyway, Isiah Thomas' agent?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ... [/QUOTE]

    Why don’t the Knicks just add all of you Thomas nutsack lickers (and we know who you all are by now, right?) to their payroll so you can all help Isiah drive the team a little further into the ground, it such a thing were possible.

  8. #23
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    So why do you think that? Again you provide no reasoning except you're stupid comments that got you kicked out for the 3rd time to my knowledge. Give it a rest playa...you're not hurting anyone but yourself...

  9. #24
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,671
    Rep Power
    11

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by datruth
    i've always backed up isiah and im not stopping now....the eddy curry trade was a good trade, nobody in here actually believed that the knicks were going be this pathetic....
    Fans are fickle. I know NYKers that say they are not Knicks fans but will be when they start winning. That's life I guess! There is enough blame to go around yet everyone still chants "Fire Isiah". Point less talk draft pick is. The number 2 ant a Labron, forgetaboutit! Curry is solid and if he's in shape come november we will be on a role. To bad we couldn't get Al Harrington. Still Thomas put together a solid squad.
    Last edited by donchris; Jul 25, 2006 at 18:53.

  10. #25
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    8

    Thumbs up

    I agree with you 100% don

  11. #26
    Member d2319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New York, New York City, The Bronx
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile Agree!

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Isiah will easily win more games with this team for several reasos. The players will confidence, isiah understands his roster, his system will fit better for this type of roster, the players have fire under them to prove everyone that they can win with this roster, and isiah won't bash his players in the media to a point where it looks like two rappers battling. There is no way on God's beautiful earth that we're going to have anything similar to last year...you serious? I think you're a isiah hater but I'm glad you support him unlike most haters in this forum...
    STOP HATIN" ON THE COACH! LETS BELIEVE!!!!! GO KNICKS, GO!

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    That's not the situation at all...it's obvious someone will have to decide to shoot the ball more and some one will have to pass more. Even though they will both shoot 12-14 shots a night. The point is all these players...marbury, francis, J Rose, Q-Rich, JC...they all came in as being 1 or 2 scorers but now they will all have to accept a role such as becoming a spark off the bench or hitting wide open jumpers because it's obvious marbury and francis are our best scoring options then comes JC. Roles that is the key...isiah will define these roles and the players will play them out to their ability and wins will come out of these defined roles...something LB never did....

    WOW.. sounds like a plan... hope it works...

  13. #28
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Isiah's "THE MAN"

    Isiah Thomas is THE MAN he is taking our team to the playoffs baby!!!

  14. #29

    Default

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    So why do you think that? Again you provide no reasoning ...
    Here, reason this ...

    Because most of you have your heads way too far up Isiah Thomas’ ass to figure anything out for yourselves, here’s an honest answer to your question along with FACTS to back them up rather than me just slamming this site to pieces.

    First of all The 1 and Only, and I stress the word ONLY people who agree with you on the subject of Isiah Thomas are YOU and the rest of the painfully senseless jock strap wannabes on this site, who for some reason continue overlook the FACT, not just my opinion, that Jim Dolan who knows nothing or cares anything about the game of basketball has, in his infinite stupidity, put a LOSER with a track record the likes Isiah Thomas in charge of the Knicks as the sole brain trust as team President, GM and Coach. The rest of the sports world disagrees with AAAAAALL OF YOUUUUUUUU! They don’t disagree with MEEEEE!! They DISAGREE WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

    To better understand just how stupid of a decision this was, some history is obviously needed for those who are just ignorant of some basic FACTS ... Isiah Thomas, as then part Owner and Executive VP of the Toronto Raptors single handedly drove the Raptors into the ground. Isiah Thomas then went on to DRIVE THE ENTIRE CBA LEAGUE INTO BANKRUPCTY, a trend that he’s been very successful and well on the way of implementing as GM for the Knicks.

    After having successfully killed the Raptors and the CBA, Thomas then went on to coach of the Indiana Pacers, who in three seasons went 131-115 losing all three years in the first round of the playoffs. In August 2003 Isiah Thomas was PROMPTLY FIRED by team president Larry Bird.

    After having amassed an abominable track record with Toronto, the CBA and the Pacers, Jim Dolan then went out and hired Thomas as GM and President. Thomas, then armed with Jim Dolan’s wallet went into a trading frenzy for two years bringing everyone from Mick Mouse to Donald Duck onto team as long as they were part of his little homey crew, only to amass even nearly as many losses in TWO years with the Knicks than he did in THREE with the Pacers (108 vs.113)!!

    The difference between the Knicks and the Pacers is that the Pacers had a GM who was not a RETARD, and Larry Bird promptly FIRED ISIAH THOMAS, who at the time was not under FEDERAL INDICTMENT for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT I might add. So, what does Jim Dolan do?? Rather than FIRE ISIAH THOMAS he promotes him to COACH!! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! Talk about the retarded leading the retarded. According to EVERY sports writer and commentator in AMERICAAAAAA these two idiots are the biggest joke of the NBA, as are all of those on this site who support them.

    Have I mentioned that Isiah Thomas is under FEDERAL INDICTMENT for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT?? Oh yea I said that already, sorry. Well, it’s been nice speaking with all of you again. Enjoy the smell of Isiah Thomas’s crotch and, have a nice day!

  15. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    far rockaway, ny
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Like what i said that is not the case because players like marbury and francis are willing to sacrifice to win. Somebody will and must take the 2nd role...period. These are grown men who want to win...not a biddy league basketball team filled with ball hogs and the coaches son. Things will work itself out and when it does....everybody will be back on the bandwagon
    What proof do you have that marbury and francis are willing to sacrifice to win. You always say you argue with the facts. Please show me the fact that either one of those players will sacrifice to win when either one of them has never in their careers sacrificed to win. They have both done the opposite every year of their careers. Please show me the proof you have of this. Because i can only go on the track records.

Similar Threads

  1. Isiah Thomas
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Dec 09, 2007, 14:56
  2. Isiah Rips Former Knick over Comments
    By vinod1227 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2006, 13:18
  3. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  4. Isiah on with Fatcessa
    By RMK-NYK in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2005, 18:47
  5. Vote for Isiah Thomas!
    By 1s1ah in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2005, 12:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •