Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jared Jeffries - offer on the table

No, no, no, no!! No sign and trade will be necessary! The structure of the contract, where Jeffries will get 80% of his salary up front, will make it hard for Washington to match. If they do, more power to them! We will not get soaked by this team! I like Jeffries, but we’ll be fine without him. We need to deal from a position of strength from now on. Like every team in the league, we could use a little tweaking, but we can get by with what we have right now. We now have players others want, not the other way around for a change. It’s time to make all those bums pay for using NY as a tool to enhance their contract demands and to give some of the garbage back to the other GMs in the league.

Veteran

Qyntel Woods Era? haha That lasted a whole 4 months. Sad, cause I like Qyntel and think he's very talented. He'll end up somewhere I think..

back on track..

Not only did Isiah put that 80% upfront stipulation.. he did something very very smart.. and to be honest I'm not one to call Isiah smart.. BUT this shows a sign of his ability to be so..

There will be no sign and trade.. If Washington wanted to sign him just so they can work out a sign and trade with us.. they better think again. Isiah has added a trade stipulation in the contract. Meaning if Jared Jeffries is traded after signed (in any form) a very large payment will be made to Jeffries himself.

So that should hold up Washington as well.. I think Washington wants JJ back, well we know that, but I dont think enough to have a disgruntled player or pay all that money to look for a trade. I think they will give up and sign DeShawn Stevenson two days after we get Jeffries.

I think getting Jared Jeffries is good, but the Knicks have a lot of big men like Curry, James, Frye, Mo Taylor and the new the rookie Balkman. Dont get me wrong but, I think they have enough big men.

Looks like WILL land Jeffries!
    The Wizards look like they have signs DeShawn Stevenson at the 2, this will push them over the cap if they sign JJ too (even though DeShawn only got the league minimum)... that's the good news.

We have so much talent on this team, so many guys who can play... and still only 4 quarters of 12 minute ball!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by thwax; Aug 04, 2006 at 06:46.

Looks like if Isiah doesn't get Jared Jeffries, he is going to go after Darius Miles (trading Q for Darius)... man I hope we get JJ rather than DM... there is not enough ball for DM, JJ is a great defensive player that doesn't need the ball, a good role player (we don't have enough of these) Darius is also in the mold of many of our 2 guards, just that he plays the 3!

Veteran

Enough big men? You have to figure Malik and Mo are as good as gone. Jerome will get low minutes and Jeffries is a small forward... We need a small forward. So I dont see how getting him hurts us.

They signs DeShawn for the league minimum so they will still be under the cap most likely.. if they count nickels and dimes.

Darius Miles is our backup plan, yes. I like Darius and if we exchange Q's bad contract for him there is no big loss. I'd actually love to see Q and D-Miles play together again. BUT Steph and Q dont get along so of course Q is as good as gone. Miles is a good Defender as well and he can block shots too. I dont think hes as big of a ballhog as thought of though.

Either or I'd be happy. Id prefer not giving up Q though. Cause that means we are sticking with Francis.

According to SI.COM Washington will not match the offer sheet to JJ...
    WOW a move that seems to make sense will actually be working out for us...
    Well done!!!!

Here is the link to the JJ story
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Yes sir we get Jeffries. and a good move for us it is. Im glad Q is still here even though Im sure hell be offered in every trade possible.

Good move by Isiah lets see what he does with our expiring contracts and Steve Francis now.. this could be scary

I don't know why everyone is dogging Q-Rich... sure he is no Vincanity at the 3... but he was one of our best defenders... I'd rather have him than J.James, Shandan Anderson (who we are still paying, and 1.3 mill more than Q), Mo Taylor, Francis, the Roses, and should we mention the 20+ mill we are still paying h2o

I'd take francis over Q-Rich