Opening game [@ Memphis]

rady

Administrator
Staff member
MEET ME IN MEMPHIS: The Knicks will open the 2006-07 season on Nov. 1 against the Grizzlies in Memphis, according to a team source. It was in Memphis last March when Garden chairman James Dolan first revealed that he was unhappy with Larry Brown's job performance. During a trip to San Antonio and Memphis, Dolan met with Brown and told him to concentrate on coaching. Dolan and Thomas believed that Brown was trying to take Thomas' job. After meeting with Dolan, Brown checked into a Memphis hospital after complaining of chest pains. Brown eventually was fired in June.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/438988p-369859c.html

The hell with it! Why do we always have so much bad luck in the opening nights? Last time we won the first game of the season was back in 2000 at the garden against Atlanta. It was the last season NY won a playoff game

d2319

Benchwarmer
Full Season.....

I saw on N.B.A. T.V. that on nba.com at 2.00 A.M. the games will be revealed. Who will play who threw the whole season. Lets go Knicks!

portega1968

El Cacique
How low have the Knicks dropped?

Not even one game will be televised by ESPN/ABC this season...

Remember those years when the TV schedule was dominated by Knick games? Memories from a distant past...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
only 7 games at home in the first month.. it'd be a miracle to end November with more than 5 wins

rady

Administrator
Staff member
portega1968 said:
How low have the Knicks dropped?

Not even one game will be televised by ESPN/ABC this season...

Remember those years when the TV schedule was dominated by Knick games? Memories from a distant past...

well this is great news.. what can i say, at least i saw 2 games LIVE last season.. hopefully the torrent sites will continue to do their thing :rolling:

probably the knicks and the hawks are the only teams with no games on national tv

Last edited:

portega1968

El Cacique
rady said:
only 7 games at home in the first month.. it'd be a miracle to end November with more than 5 wins

On the flip side, being on the road a lot to start the season will force this team to develop chemistry faster and, IMO, be positive in the long-term.

As you know, to be competitive, teams must dominate on the road... so let them face the hard facts early on.