If Season goes bad, What's Next?

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
What if the 2006-07 season goes bad for the Knicks, what should James Dolan do?

I think he should fire Isiah Thomas and find someone that is committed o the team and teaaly want to win. The only good thing Isiah done was bring Marbury to New York. Besides that he has done nothing good for the Knicks to win a Playoffs spot ever since. Dolan should find good general manger and get someone who won't mess up the team with all these trades like Isiah did.

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
if the season goes bad im a brooklyn nets faan j/k. . isiah gone. TOTAL re-build. everyone on our roster gone. 10 yr straight losing seasons till we draft the next lebron james thats what prolly will happen.

Solution 2006/7

I don't think there's any question that Dolan will fire Thomas next year, which I predict will happen before the all star break. However, immediately after doing so Dolan should promptly take his stupid ass to the top the Brooklyn Bridge and JUMP face first.

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
I think this season has to be looked at in a couple of ways....sure we want to win more games (which we should) and at least be in contention for the playoffs (which could happen)....
But, more importantly we need to get this team in some shape financially so that we can lure some solid young players in the years to come...
If my calculations are correct there is close to 54 mil worth of salary coming off of the books at the end of the year (Taylor, Anderson, Houston, Rose)...that certainly won't answer all of prayers but it gets us on the way...in my mind the next decade for the Knicks will be determined by what we do over the next year and a half...
So, the season might or might not go the way we want with wins and losses; however, the thought of young guys like Crawford, Frye, Lee, Jeffries, Curry and others being Knicks and getting better and better is exciting and something worth waiting for...

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
if the season goes bad, isiah is gone and their r alot of unhappy knick fans, and if it goes bad also the knicks wont get the first pick next year chicago has the chance to swap picks if the knicks have the first pick and chicago has the 18th, knicks will pick at 18 and chicago will pick at 1, fans are even more pissed at isiah because we lost the 1st and 2nd pick in two years cause of isiah, but thats if the season goes bad and it wont go bad

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I don't see the season going bad...straight up. There's no what if. I don't think of my team like that and neither should you true knick fans out there. It's not sold out everynight just because we MIGHT win. It's for the love of the game not for the love of the loss...

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'll put it this way for this season,

I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Allen said:
I'll put it this way for this season,

I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst". Kant get more simple than that.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If the season goes south, Isiah will be gone and I also feel that this will happen before the all-star break. If that happens they need to let Herb Williams coach and bring in anyone that can sit their chair and do nothing as the GM. Once Isiah is gone, they should just let the next 4 years happen and loose all the big contracts. If they can pick up an inexpensive player along the way, so be it, but they should NOT make any more big moves (Garnett excluded). The only reason I say Herb should coach is because it could help him hone his coaching skills and not worry about the next few seasons. They would be in a rebuild and cleansing mode!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Yo, who made this topic? It's a no brainer. Of course we all know at this point that Thomas will be fired if the season goes badly. THis is typical of Knicks so called fans. The glass is always half empty. I hope that all of us hope the Knicks do well. After all we all call our selves fans dont we?