Jeffries a Knick. Is there room for Richardson?

NYKnicks15

Starter
I loved KT dont get me wrong BUT he was a goner. Just like Q's a goner. Both had problems with Steph so thats that.

Well just beg to differ I suppose.. Id rather trade Francis for something good and use Q as a backup SG. where he can still play D, shoot and not have a bad attitude about doing so.

And regarding that trade. there was no way Robinson would be with us if we didnt take Richardson with him. Trust me on that.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
I have no personal feelings for steve francis so you are wrong about that... I just know the kid can play unlike some people. He's a better player than JC and he's a better player than Q-Rich. And no steve francis had a salt imbalance which gave him migraines that's an illness not an injury. That's why he missed 22 games that year. And he was suspended for several games last year and he was also in a car accident so that takes care of those 10 games. So no...he's nowhere near as fragile as Q-Rich. But that's besides the fact, I watch alot of basketball...and I know two things...we should have never traded kurt thomas for Q-Rich because we are now soft defensively in the middle and we have one more trigger happy 3 point shooter in Q-Rich. Yes Q-Rich might thrive in this new style of offense but he's going to give us 15 points a game if he starts. If the franchise gets 15 points you know he'll give us at least 5 boards and 5 assists. Besides Steve Francis can score 15 pts off the bench so we know he can do better than that if he starts. Besides Q-Rich isn't all that consistent of a shooter and his defense is ok...C+ or B-. But yea I'm all for trading steve if we get some GOOD for him. I just don't want to throw him away just because there is a clutter in the backcourt because Q would be the best candidate for that...

steve francis now is not better than jamal crawford, JC hasnt hit his prime and by then he will be unstoppable, francis lost it, dude doesnt how to shoot, how u in the NBA and they teaching u how to shoot, and steve francis doesnt want to come off the bench, they need to get rid of em first than anybody

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Are you serious? Jamal Crawford...the same Jamal Crawford that scores 20 points but needs 20 shots? I'm being realistic...right now...steve francis is a better player than JC just because he's more experienced. JC shot 41% from the field last year...that's not great. While Steve Francis shoots 44% which is close to avg. Yes steve can't shoot but if he's scoring 14-16 pts a game while not having a jumper...and he's working on his J this offseason...then I'm thinking he's going to avg more than 14 a game. JC's game is great but he doesn't have the all around game as steve does. Steve rebounds, scores, passes, and plays defense while JC just scores and he'll rebound or pass well every once in awhile. We'll just wait in see...Steve is staying like it or not so we'll definitely just have to wait...

NYKnicks15

Starter
I guess the same can be said for Q hes here if you like it or not. BUT I think Francis will be the first to go.

I dont know. Experience and shooting % Francis is better YES... but if you take into consideration all Francis does is layup.. you cant really take that shooting % with more than a grain of salt.

And to me, I really think Steve is one of those players that do stuff for stats. Like aslong as he gets his 15-5-5 he shuts down. But thats just my opinion.

I like JC better personally. He passes like a PG even though he has a 6'5 SG body. Hes a team player. Shoots the 3. Younger AND towards the end of the season DID all those aformentioned "steve-like" things.

Crawford needs to start. Marbury and Crawford backcourt was good and will continue to be good if given the proper chance.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well I agree with you in that aspect. I like the starbury and JC backcourt too but I would like to see marbury and francis given a chance. If francis can score layups all day then let him score layups...layups are scored at a higher percentage then jumpers right? And no one can cause havoc on the defense by pure penetration other than marbury and francis. But if francis can't live up to expectations then we should put JC in there...just as simple as that. I truly believe that steve doens't play just for numbers tho. The kid has too much heart for that. Everyone looks at the bad and not at the good about francis. If he was a ball hog then why did he sacrifice most of his touches so a developing yao ming could become the big offensive option. If he wasn't about his team then why did he give into Van Gundy's defensive system. Remember...the rockets were the best defensive team in the league in points allowed in francis's last year as a rocket. Give the kid a chance before launching him to the wolves...you might not regret it...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
francis and marbury in my opinion which i could be wrong could be the worst thing for the knicks, steve francis or marbury are not able to spread the floor for each other, steve francis nor marbury could hit the open jumpshot(steph is more reliable), JC and stephon marbury in the backcourt is the best backcourt the knicks could have, steve u gots to go(he is not willing to come off the bench)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well we saw glimpses of what they could do last year. There was numerous times that when marbury would penetrate, francis would sit in the corner knocking down the open jumper. So I know they could possibly excel. But if they don't work out then I say trade him. Remember steve francis is in houston working out with lucas trying to make his jumper more reliable so you never know what could happen. The kid seems motivated...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
Well we saw glimpses of what they could do last year. There was numerous times that when marbury would penetrate, francis would sit in the corner knocking down the open jumper. So I know they could possibly excel. But if they don't work out then I say trade him. Remember steve francis is in houston working out with lucas trying to make his jumper more reliable so you never know what could happen. The kid seems motivated...

thats a good look for francis

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think if we're going to talk about trading Francis we should also talk about trading Richardson and Crawford. I remember the Marbury/Crawford backcourt a lil bit differently that what has been posted. All they did was jack up shots and not pass the ball. I really don't see how a Francis/Mabury backcourt will be worse that the Crawford/Marbury backcourt. Crawford is two inches taller that Francis. I'm not knocking Crawford I just think he's better coming off the bench. The problem the Knicks have had sence Ewing got old was their starting line up always looked like an alstar team's bench. The Knicks line up looked like the Mavrick's bench a few years ago. We need a better bench and not just put all our juice in all at once. Here's how the bench should look:

BENCH
Crawford, Jamal
David Lee
Malik Rose
Renaldo Balkman
Channing Frye
Nate Robinson

STARTERS
Curry
?
Jared Jeffries
Steve Francis
Stephon Marbury

My opinion Frye is needed off the bench. We should look for a PF and start Jeffries a SF due to his height and aleged defensive ability. Every one else should be moved if possible.

Big C

Benchwarmer
Q is going to get playing time regardless. Q has a bad year that does not mean he is going to have another bad year.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Only realistic trade out there is probably Francis for K-Mart. I'd do that! I believe the Nuggets just singed Nene and have Joe Smith and Camby. So they have a log-jam at PF. We can take the chance on K-Mart and we will be playing his kind of ball. He can help Frye when he gets over matched by tougher PFs.