Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Why not do a trade instead? (Francis)

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Why not do a trade instead? (Francis)

    This is a continuation of my Steve Francis falling out (buyout) thread. but I bring a new idea to the table.

    With Chris Webber also getting a buyout (76ers) and neither having ANY trade value. And both players rumored to be signing with the other team AFTER their buyouts..

    why dont Billy King and Isiah Thomas team up and ship their crap to each other.

    Ship Webber and his 20 mill this year. 22 mill the following to the Knicks
    for Francis and his 15 mill this year. 16 the next and 17 the last to the 76ers.

    wed have to send another player such as philly hometown native Malik Rose with it but who cares.

    a francis trade elsewhere is impossible. but what do you think? with them having Miller too i dont see why they want Francis to begin with unless rumors are true of them sending him to the Cavs but its worth a try.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    This is a continuation of my Steve Francis falling out (buyout) thread. but I bring a new idea to the table.

    With Chris Webber also getting a buyout (76ers) and neither having ANY trade value. And both players rumored to be signing with the other team AFTER their buyouts..

    why dont Billy King and Isiah Thomas team up and ship their crap to each other.

    Ship Webber and his 20 mill this year. 22 mill the following to the Knicks
    for Francis and his 15 mill this year. 16 the next and 17 the last to the 76ers.

    wed have to send another player such as philly hometown native Malik Rose with it but who cares.

    a francis trade elsewhere is impossible. but what do you think? with them having Miller too i dont see why they want Francis to begin with unless rumors are true of them sending him to the Cavs but its worth a try.

    from our side, i'd do it, as we get rid of dead wood one year earlier, as webber's contract has one more year, franchise has two..

    but since phila is blowing up their team, why would they want to add one more year of contract... if anything they want a expiring contract now, or keep webber for just one more year..

    it's not easy being a G.M...

  3. #3
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I would do it. It gets us cap relief a year earlier. I tried telling u guys b4 that we should trade Webber. In the modern NBA; salaries come before stats/talent when it comes to making trades

    Francis only rivals the Camby trade as the worst I have even seen the knicks do in my lifetime.

    Remberer when he used to be a cover athlete for NBA Live???

  4. #4
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I don't really see the point. We would trade a guy we are not using for a guy we wont be able to use. Four years ago I'd be all over this trade but the days of CWeb have ended. May be the trade could work for Cap relief but Webber would slow us down.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    I don't really see the point. We would trade a guy we are not using for a guy we wont be able to use. Four years ago I'd be all over this trade but the days of CWeb have ended. May be the trade could work for Cap relief but Webber would slow us down.
    yep agree... it would be done to save 1 year... but can phila be that stupid??

  6. #6
    Member Pedro De Pacas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    This is a continuation of my Steve Francis falling out (buyout) thread. but I bring a new idea to the table.

    With Chris Webber also getting a buyout (76ers) and neither having ANY trade value. And both players rumored to be signing with the other team AFTER their buyouts..

    why dont Billy King and Isiah Thomas team up and ship their crap to each other.

    Ship Webber and his 20 mill this year. 22 mill the following to the Knicks
    for Francis and his 15 mill this year. 16 the next and 17 the last to the 76ers.

    wed have to send another player such as philly hometown native Malik Rose with it but who cares.

    a francis trade elsewhere is impossible. but what do you think? with them having Miller too i dont see why they want Francis to begin with unless rumors are true of them sending him to the Cavs but its worth a try.
    I had the same thought when I read about the planned buyouts yesterday.
    Would be good for us because C-Webb's contract runs out in 2008. If Philly would be stupid enough to do it, Isiah should transport Francis by barrow over there

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    I would do it. It gets us cap relief a year earlier. I tried telling u guys b4 that we should trade Webber. In the modern NBA; salaries come before stats/talent when it comes to making trades

    Francis only rivals the Camby trade as the worst I have even seen the knicks do in my lifetime.

    Remberer when he used to be a cover athlete for NBA Live???
    EXACTLY. Its sad some people here don't realize that.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2006, 04:29
  2. Francis for Crawford?
    By 20 is a CROOK in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2006, 14:09
  3. 4-way Trade Idea (Portland, Orlando, Denver, New York)
    By Da_Knick_Fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2006, 14:04
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2004, 10:35
  5. Knicks have trade options with Dallas
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2003, 12:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •