Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where would you send Steve Francis?

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default Where would you send Steve Francis?

So we all know Steve Francis will not be a staple of this team unless Marbury goes. BUT that's a different topic for another day.

The point I bring to you IS if you were GM and were heavily pursuing a REASONABLE (makes sense for both teams) trade where would you send him and what would we get in return. Lets realize Stevie Franchise does not hold the same value as he once did and that other players could be included.

Please let them work with the cap!

I have a few ideas but heres a couple.

1. Memphis.
    SEND- Jerome James, Maurice Taylor, Quentin Richardson and Steve Francis
    GET- Stromile Swift, Brian Cardinal, Eddie Jones and Mike Miller

KNICKS
    Curry/Swift
    Frye/Lee/Rose/Cardinal
    Jeffries/Jones/Rose
    Crawford/Miller
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

GRIZZLIES
    James/Tsakadilis
    Gasol/Taylor/Roberts
    Gay/Warrick
    Richardson/Jones/Kinsey
    Francis/Stoudamire/Atkins/Harrington/Lowry

2. Portland.
    SEND- Steve Francis and Malik Rose
    GET- Zach Randolph, Juan Dixon and Darius Miles

KNICKS
    Curry/Frye/James
    Randolph/Lee/Taylor
    Jeffries/Miles/Rose/Balkman
    Crawford/Richardson, Dixon
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
    Magloire/Pryzbilla
    LaFrentz/Aldridge
    Outlaw/Rose
    Roy/Webster
    Francis/Jack/Dickau

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Thumbs down

I like the first option of sending our slackers off to Memphis but I don't think it's going to happen. In that trade Memphis would get nothing but bad contracts. Myles is consitterd to be the (franchise player)for the Blazers so no way are they trading him for Francis or Richardson. To answer your question, who could we get for Francis that wont hurt the cap? I believe the answer is not an easy one. It may be too premature to make that trade. Let' showcase Francis a little. I actually think he and Steph can play together. That's NOT to say they should! But they can if Steph becomes a true PG or vise versa. We are stuck with these contracts until they expire or the players start to play better ball.

I would send steve francis to the starting lineup with starbury so they can do some damage and become possibly the best backcourt in the NBA...

Veteran

Chris your wrong they want to ship out D-Miles badly. We could of had him last week for the simple price of Q-Rich.

And its actually pretty fair for Memphis. They get JJs bad contract but we get Cardinals. they get an expiring Taylors. we get an expiring Jones. pretty good for them especially seeing they need a good pg to play with gasol.

1 and Only, why do you keep saying we should keep Francis? Do you really think that he and Steph together will workout NONETHELESS become the best backcourt in the NBA? haha Not being mean but what makes you think thatll work? Just because they have both been allstars point guards? BEEN and POINT GUARDS being the keywords.

i would keep fancis and see how he does in the regular season if he is not working well with steph trade him at the deadline if he is doing good keep him and the knicks have the best backcourt in the nba

No GM would be foolish enough to pick up Jerome James unless your throwing in Channing Frye or Eddie Curry. How does picking up Cardinal for James make us better? That's like trading bad acne for eczema! I don't see the Taylor for E.Jones trade working ether. Yeah ok, they both have expiring contracts but Taylor is not on Jones's level. That plus I'm sure Portland will try to trade Jones and his expiring contract for a better player like we dide with the Davis/J.Rose trade.

Originally Posted by IcEWaTEr123
    i would keep fancis and see how he does in the regular season if he is not working well with steph trade him at the deadline if he is doing good keep him and the knicks have the best backcourt in the nba
    I agree 100% playa

Originally Posted by IcEWaTEr123
    I agree 100% playa

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    I would send steve francis to the starting lineup with starbury so they can do some damage and become possibly the best backcourt in the NBA...

Reading this thread was hilarious. It seemed like Francis was totally untradable at the time

How about trading Francis for Al Harrington.
    We could play Harrington at PF.

i like francis. i think we should keep him and get rid of steph. but i like that you're thinkin NYknicks15, but i don't think portland is gonna mortgage their future (trading randolph, thier best player) for franchise. Howeveri could see the memphis trade working. it would downgrade their frontcourt, but gives them a very good point in franchise, something they're lacking. and they're frontcourt is looking a bit crowded with the arrival of Rudy Gay.

Francis, Jalen Rose Malike Rose for Garnett
    We move three guards that we don't need and Minny gets Cap relief and a better than average PG. Brings us right at the cap for next year. Also the vet's contracts will expire in two years so we still could make a run at Labran James in 2010.

If Minnesota trades Kg, theyre goin to want a pg and a big man (that is better than malik rose). With your trade, they would go with francis at point, ricky d at sg, and jalen rose at sf. The only valuable big man they have besides kg is eddie griffin. Then theyd be like a western conference version of the new jersy nets with talent at the 1,2, and 3 but not enough help down low. Minnesota would still not be a playoff team. The only way they'd give us kg is if we threw in frye and as everyone knows, im not for that. In the 2009-10 season when kg is gettin older and when we get "Lebron or dwayne wade," whose gonna be the pf? KG being i think 33 or 34 at that point? Or Frye who will just be reachin his prime? The knicks could potentially put a team together that could make a run at the championship for several straight years if they hold onto the young players,develop them together, get a lebron or wade next on the team in the 2009-10 season

You don't see the big picture for minny. Sure they will try to get Frye. But it is in their favor to pick up both Roses. They both have expiring contracts and can be traded off to teams that want to get below the cap. Or they could keep the Roses and give them the veterines salary when their contracts expire. Ether way Minny would be way under the cap and only have Francis's long term contract until 09, which is just as long as Garnett's. Ether rose or both could be traded for a big man plus there is the draft.

The beauty of this for NY is that Garnett's contract expires in 09. So we get a dominate PF that can guid us to a championship and still be under the cap in 08/09, potentially still making a run for Labran.

I'm tired of hearing about the youth movement. All these kids are over reated. Nate the great is a lil Marbury and every one seems to hate Marbury. Go figure. None of these kids are going to lead us to a championship. The best they can do is fit in.
    Last edited by donchris; Sep 20, 2006 at 14:18.

You don't trade the franchise for merely cap space and a crap guard. The Twolves woudl be fools not to demand somone like Channing Fry in such a deal.