Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where would you send Steve Francis?

Yea you're right...keep francis unless he becomes insubordinate.

Veteran

first off we dont need Francis. lets put away the "he's an allstar" crap and look at the spot hes trying to play. And think if he could capably full it. Thats like saying lets try to get jason kidd too he can play SF. Kidd, Francis, Marbury lets try that. they are allstars. garbage.

BUT CAN WE GET BACK ON TRACK. this isnt a debate of SHOULD we keep Francis.. its a debate OF WHERE WOULD YOU SEND HIM IF WE DID TRADE HIM. cmon people

Originally Posted by nycefnl
    I'll like that for a Wilcox trade: How about trading (remember we need to giveup something good as well):

Richardson -- Chris Wilcox
    Francis and Lee -- Kenyon Martin

That would give us:

C Curry, James
    PF Martin, Wilcox
    SF Frye, Jefferies,
    SG Crawford, Rose
    PG marbury, Robinson

This team would not lack rebounding and defense!
    This is a great scenario! I do not think Seattle would make that sign and trade with out a little more insentive like Nate. The Martin trade is confusing. I heard that Denver would take Frances for him but then it changed to an expiring contract and Frye, then it changed to just Frances and then it changed to Roses contract only but we would take another contract with Martin's. I have just about given up on the Martin deal. I love your lineup though and you have Frye at the 3 which is something I was saying last season but everyone told me I was nuts!

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    first off we dont need Francis. lets put away the "he's an allstar" crap and look at the spot hes trying to play. And think if he could capably full it. Thats like saying lets try to get jason kidd too he can play SF. Kidd, Francis, Marbury lets try that. they are allstars. garbage.

BUT CAN WE GET BACK ON TRACK. this isnt a debate of SHOULD we keep Francis.. its a debate OF WHERE WOULD YOU SEND HIM IF WE DID TRADE HIM. cmon people
    I don't really care what the debate is...all I'm saying is give the franchise a chance before you ship him off. He had the best year of his career after he was shipped from the rockets. And that lil scenario you orchestrated isn't the ideal situation that we have right now. The steve francis is giving up 3-4 inches at the most on the average SG. He has excellent size at being 200 pounds. He has a lower center of gravity so he can stay in front of his man and it won't be too easy to back him down in the post. If he reforms into his all-star form we keep him and we have the best backcourt in the NBA. If he's not what we expected then he can be traded a away faster than he could say cuttino mobley...it's just as simple as that.

Veteran

well seeing im the moderator here... i do care what the topic is.. so LETS GET BACK ON IT.

NYKnicks15, I like both of those trade scenarios except why Juan Dixon? I think we got enough guards, even without Francis. I’d take a draft pick instead of Dixon. That pick would turn out to be golden coming from Portland!

Do you remember In Living Color, the HOMEBOY SHOPPING NETWORK.

NO MONEY, NO MONEY, NO MONEY.

I send both their sorry black asses home for impersonating real ball players.

Just eat the contracts.

That's just plain ridic. I disagree

I'd do a simple trade of Eddie Jones for Steve Francis. Knicks get an expiring contract to clean up some of the salary cap mess. (Maybe this will lead the Knicks to having enough flexibility to sign Ron Artest in 2 years.) Memphis gets an All-Star PG in Francis to pair up with Pau Gasol.

Or I'd see if Houston would bite on taking back Steve Francis with either QRich or Crawford for Tracy McGrady and Bob Sura. Houston gets back an All-Star PG and an outside shooter in Q-Rich or Crawford. If this trade were to happen, it would go down during the trading deadline if the T-Mac to Yao experiment doesn't work.
    Last edited by wymm; Aug 15, 2006 at 10:22.

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    I don't really care what the debate is...all I'm saying is give the franchise a chance before you ship him off. He had the best year of his career after he was shipped from the rockets. And that lil scenario you orchestrated isn't the ideal situation that we have right now. The steve francis is giving up 3-4 inches at the most on the average SG. He has excellent size at being 200 pounds. He has a lower center of gravity so he can stay in front of his man and it won't be too easy to back him down in the post. If he reforms into his all-star form we keep him and we have the best backcourt in the NBA. If he's not what we expected then he can be traded a away faster than he could say cuttino mobley...it's just as simple as that.
    forget trying out steve francis is too big of a risk, if he ends up chocking his value would go evan lower as it already is, this is do or die for isiah thomas and marbury, so the knicks cant go into the season trying things

The game of basketball is full of trying things... that's why we have a preseason. I like the odds in steve francis. He has a fire in his stomach. He's trying to prove his critics wrong and he actually wants to play in NY. He's practicing with Lucas in houston to work on his game. He's healthy and durable...and the only reason no one wants him on this team because he's undersized? Nate Rob is undersized I don't hear any complaints. And like what someone said earlier he's on 2 inches smaller than JC. That's not a big size difference. Steve also ways more than JC. I think this backcourt could possibly work. Yes this season is coming in with alot of unknowns...but unlike LB...I think Isiah can work with the talent he currently has available and make a blueprint for the season. It's all about preparation in the beginning and adjustments throughout...we have a good team with good players....it's all up to Isiah on how the season is going to go...

The game of basketball is full of trying things... that's why we have a preseason. I like the odds in steve francis. He has a fire in his stomach. He's trying to prove his critics wrong and he actually wants to play in NY. He's practicing with Lucas in houston to work on his game. He's healthy and durable...and the only reason no one wants him on this team because he's undersized? Nate Rob is undersized I don't hear any complaints. And like what someone said earlier he's on 2 inches smaller than JC. That's not a big size difference. Steve also ways more than JC. I think this backcourt could possibly work. Yes this season is coming in with alot of unknowns...but unlike LB...I think Isiah can work with the talent he currently has available and make a blueprint for the season. It's all about preparation in the beginning and adjustments throughout...we have a good team with good players....it's all up to Isiah on how the season is going to go...
    nate robinson is not playing SG and nate got more heart than francis, if it works for the knicks than i would be happy but i doubt it would..knicks need curry to play well and francis is known for not passing the ball in the post

Well for me...instead of listening to what other people say and listening to the media...I've seen francis pass the ball into the paint in numerous accounts in numerous games so that's just crazy to say that a guard never passes it into the post. And nate rob having more heart is arguable...steve didn't take over numerous games in the Lakers series in the playoffs off of just pure talent and when dunked on Shaq...that wasn't just pure talent. This kid has mad heart. Ive watched alot of basketball and if we're going to talk about heart after AI...i think of steve francis. And nate rob is undersized at every position so I don't know what you're trying to say there. But the heart aspect between Nate-rob and the franchise is arguable...

We did not see Steve Francis well enough last season to rule him out and trade him. Larry Brown as an a$$ with all his lineup changes and don't forget that Steve was not happy with the trade to begin with.

Soooo now that Larry is gone and steve has to deal with the reality of the situation; Steve will start playing better and Isiah is gonna step in with some crazy offense just like back in da days. We are going to be seeing some 3 guard lineups. Knicks are going to score like the suns and mavericks, now lets hope that the defense will improve...Jeffries better pull a bruce bowen.

Well for me...instead of listening to what other people say and listening to the media...I've seen francis pass the ball into the paint in numerous accounts in numerous games so that's just crazy to say that a guard never passes it into the post. And nate rob having more heart is arguable...steve didn't take over numerous games in the Lakers series in the playoffs off of just pure talent and when dunked on Shaq...that wasn't just pure talent. This kid has mad heart. Ive watched alot of basketball and if we're going to talk about heart after AI...i think of steve francis. And nate rob is undersized at every position so I don't know what you're trying to say there. But the heart aspect between Nate-rob and the franchise is arguable...
    steve francis is not the same player as he was in houston, he actually had an arch on his shot and he is not undersized for a PG