Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where would you send Steve Francis?

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    I think the don shut you down...but I'mma do it some more. Let's break this down...so if you are correct... that would mean that Dampier, Jackie Butler, L Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, Tayshaun Prince (good but no allstar), and Bruce Bowen are all-stars....hmmmmm are you right?? Nope. So before you think you can shut me down....ask yourself What would jesus do and am I right on this? This is your conscience....and i have spoken
    Diop did more for Dallas than Dampier, he should have been an all-star or he will be in the future.

Butler playing in San Antonio will probably go to the all-star game before Curry does playing with the Knicks, but don't quote me on that.

Deng along with Heinrich, Nocioni will be all-stars in the near future. Tyrus Thomas has a good shot at being an all-star in the future as well.

For what Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, and even James Posey and Antione Walker did for Miami in the playoffs and in the championship series they should be all-stars.

All 5 starters for Detroit should have went to the all-star game last year. It was a travesty they left Tayshun Prince out.

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli and Bruce Bowen should have went to the all-star game along with Duncan. I believe that Ginobli did go to the all-star game though.

Originally Posted by donchris
    You didn't. Your position is just wrong. San Antonio has three alstars. They come the closest. Detroit has three, Miami has two. Chicago? Are you serious!
    For what Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Josh howard and Desanga Diop did for Dallas along with Dirk they should be all-stars or recognized as such.

San Antonio can boast about more than 3 all-stars include Bruce Bowen and Jackie Butler in that troop. I think its a travesty that Bowen has not gone to the all-star game as a Spur.

Detroit has at least 5 last year, all 5 starters from last year should have gone to the all-star game.

Deng along with Heinrich, Nocioni will be all-stars in the near future. Tyrus Thomas has a good shot at being an all-star in the future as well.

For what Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, and even James Posey and Antione Walker did for Miami in the playoffs and in the championship series they should be all-stars.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Send Francis to Real Madrid or Maccabi Tel Aviv for one season and hope that he learns what the word "TEAM" is really about.

On second thought, send Starbury also!!!

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Send Francis to Real Madrid or Maccabi Tel Aviv for one season and hope that he learns what the word "TEAM" is really about.

On second thought, send Starbury also!!!
    Actually, thats not a bad idea.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Allen none of those guys you mentioned were alstars.
    Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Josh howard and Desanga Diop. All decent players but not all stars. Deng, Heinrich, and Nocioni? Come on man! I'll give you the Pistons. Prince wasn't an alstar last year but there were alot of other guys that didn't make it that should have. Ginobli didn't make it.

Originally Posted by Allen
    For what Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Josh howard and Desanga Diop did for Dallas along with Dirk they should be all-stars or recognized as such.

San Antonio can boast about more than 3 all-stars include Bruce Bowen and Jackie Butler in that troop. I think its a travesty that Bowen has not gone to the all-star game as a Spur.

Detroit has at least 5 last year, all 5 starters from last year should have gone to the all-star game.

what exacly is your definition of all star? we all know its just a popularity contest voted in by fans. (i.e yao wit half the world being chinese) all-stars are chosen for stats, not intangibles like diop or devin harris. also, j-will, haslem, posey, and walker are good players, but they are certainly not all-star calibur (wit the exception of walker who was an all-star at one point in his career). now, if you wanna talk about dwayne wade, then we're going somewhere

Veteran

we didnt see any effects of having Francis/Marbury backcourt last season?.. thats why we won so many games with them right?

and hey MSG grow up. very mature swearing and calling names over a computer. get back to me when your balls drop dude. by the way, if you are gonna argue leave personal attacks out of.. try to prove a point with out cussing or name calling and then ill respond to you. until then.. do it again and youll receive a suspension. okay? rules are rules man.

25 games playing with each other isn't my way of assessing a backcourt or anyother player in that matter. That's the key thing we don't have...CHEMISTRY. If we had chemistry last year we would have won 30 games just because of talent. But talent doesn't get you anywhere without CHEMISTRY. Yea marbury/francis backcourt didn't do anything but they are 2 caliber all-stars playing with each other for the first time and they don't have CHEMISTRY. Let them gain some chemistry before we judge them...

Originally Posted by Allen
    Diop did more for Dallas than Dampier, he should have been an all-star or he will be in the future.

Butler playing in San Antonio will probably go to the all-star game before Curry does playing with the Knicks, but don't quote me on that.

All 5 starters for Detroit should have went to the all-star game last year. It was a travesty they left Tayshun Prince out.

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli and Bruce Bowen should have went to the all-star game along with Duncan. I believe that Ginobli did go to the all-star game though.
    I'm talking about all-stars NOW. Not in the future...you're right...some of those guys you named MIGHT be all-stars in the future. But no one is promised tommorrow so we're assessing up to this particular second and most of those guys you just named including tayshaun, didn't deserve to be at the all-star game. Prince is a role-player...there's no room for role players at the all-star game...

a yo nyknicks....others seem to agree with me. U tellin me 2 mature well im gonna tell u 2 think b4 tryin 2 make sumone look like a fool. My balls dropped a long time ago if i knew you u i would go toe 2 toe with u and knock you out but unfortunately you could be on the other side of the country so it looks like your a lucky punk. I proved my point and the cussing was added cuz u tried 2 make a fool out of me i was pissed and im pissed again cuz of the ball dropping comment. go ahead and suspend me but everyone knows i'm right and youre wrong. Now im done with you i'll let the others finish you off and nex time show some respect and use your brain

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    25 games playing with each other isn't my way of assessing a backcourt or anyother player in that matter. That's the key thing we don't have...CHEMISTRY. If we had chemistry last year we would have won 30 games just because of talent. But talent doesn't get you anywhere without CHEMISTRY. Yea marbury/francis backcourt didn't do anything but they are 2 caliber all-stars playing with each other for the first time and they don't have CHEMISTRY. Let them gain some chemistry before we judge them...
    Looking back, I don't think that Marbury and Francis didn't have chemistry. It was that Larry Brown would NOT allow Marbury and Francis to develop any chemistry.

Another possible destination for Francis could be Seattle.

Steve Francis for Rashard Lewis and Danny Fortson.

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    a yo nyknicks....others seem to agree with me. U tellin me 2 mature well im gonna tell u 2 think b4 tryin 2 make sumone look like a fool. My balls dropped a long time ago if i knew you u i would go toe 2 toe with u and knock you out but unfortunately you could be on the other side of the country so it looks like your a lucky punk. I proved my point and the cussing was added cuz u tried 2 make a fool out of me i was pissed and im pissed again cuz of the ball dropping comment. go ahead and suspend me but everyone knows i'm right and youre wrong. Now im done with you i'll let the others finish you off and nex time show some respect and use your brain
    This is one of argument/discussion topics that you have to thank Larry Brown for. When Carter got traded mid-season, what did Lawrence Frank do? He allowed Carter to run with Kidd and RJ. When Francis got traded mid-season, what did Larry Brown do? He benched Francis instead of letting him run with Marbury. Doing so killed some of Francis' trade value and left the Knicks with an unknown commodity as they themselves DON'T KNOW how a Marbury-Francis backcourt would do.

If it does well and the Knicks are winning, I don't really see the Knicks trading him away. If it doesn't do well, and the Knicks are winning, then Francis is highly expendable. If it doesn't do well and the Knicks are losing, then we can say good-bye to Francis, Isiah, and quite likely, 75% of the roster.

There's so many places I could see Francis going to. I think the best trade idea I've come up with so far would be having Francis and Q-Rich go to Houston for T-Mac and Rafer Alston. Houston gets a durable starting All-Star PG and a starting SG who can defend in Q-Rich (with a bad back). Knicks get an All-Star SG/SF (with a bad back) and a solid backup PG. The only problem is that I doubt Houston would give up T-Mac. lol...

But it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Veteran

hahaha very mature threatening to kick someones ass over a computer. grow up. isnt it funny you start lazy typing when trying to sound hard. just let it be man.

and what you are saying is you got mad cause i didnt agree with the vince carter jason kidd comment?! so you are gonna get mad anytime someone disagress? if its like that then dont come back man. everyone has different opinions DEAL WITH IT. use your brain to talk stuff out not threats, swear words and the high school mentality of "you disagree I'm gonna beat you up".. haha

the point of this forum is to agree and disagree and explain yourself. not to disagree and threaten because someone does.

Hey man im not angry cuz u disagreed with me, you have a right to. I just didnt like the way you did it. Then you come back with the ball droppin comment. Now youre twistin wat i sed last time. Once again i never threatened you. I said if i knew you i would whoop your ass but i dont know you and i dont care to know you. You aint worth it man im done with this bulls**t. I'm gonna forget about it and i hope you do the same. Dont act like im the onbly one who needs to grow up cuz i know i do but you also do. Thats all i gotta say.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

OK... Ahh so... Where should we send Francis is the subject. Has there been any agreement on where to send him? What is Francis's worth? What can we get for him?