Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Where would you send Steve Francis?

Originally Posted by donchris
    OK... Ahh so... Where should we send Francis is the subject. Has there been any agreement on where to send him? What is Francis's worth? What can we get for him?
    francis for Kmart but if francis could manage to play good i say keep em but the knicks have way too much guards and Kmart is a perfect fit for wat the knicks are looking to do

Veteran

Yeah Id take Francis for K-Mart because he fits into our scheme of what we need. Unless we can send him to Memphis for Stromile Swift.

Anthony doesnt like Francis though so well see what happens.

I don't like that trade at all...that puts us with another stock pile at the PF with a worst so-called "headcase" than steve francis...

Nyk Logo

I say talk to the bulls and see if they wanna trade wallace for francis...lol

yah and lets try to get luol deng from them while were at it

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Francis, Jalen Rose Malike Rose for Garnett
    We move three guards that we don't need and Minny gets Cap relief and a better than average PG. Brings us right at the cap for next year. Also the vet's contracts will expire in two years so we still could make a run at Labran James in 2010.

If Minnesota trades Kg, theyre goin to want a pg and a big man (that is better than malik rose). With your trade, they would go with francis at point, ricky d at sg, and jalen rose at sf. The only valuable big man they have besides kg is eddie griffin. Then theyd be like a western conference version of the new jersy nets with talent at the 1,2, and 3 but not enough help down low. Minnesota would still not be a playoff team. The only way they'd give us kg is if we threw in frye and as everyone knows, im not for that. In the 2009-10 season when kg is gettin older and when we get "Lebron or dwayne wade," whose gonna be the pf? KG being i think 33 or 34 at that point? Or Frye who will just be reachin his prime? The knicks could potentially put a team together that could make a run at the championship for several straight years if they hold onto the young players,develop them together, get a lebron or wade next on the team in the 2009-10 season

You don't see the big picture for minny. Sure they will try to get Frye. But it is in their favor to pick up both Roses. They both have expiring contracts and can be traded off to teams that want to get below the cap. Or they could keep the Roses and give them the veterines salary when their contracts expire. Ether way Minny would be way under the cap and only have Francis's long term contract until 09, which is just as long as Garnett's. Ether rose or both could be traded for a big man plus there is the draft.

The beauty of this for NY is that Garnett's contract expires in 09. So we get a dominate PF that can guid us to a championship and still be under the cap in 08/09, potentially still making a run for Labran.

I'm tired of hearing about the youth movement. All these kids are over reated. Nate the great is a lil Marbury and every one seems to hate Marbury. Go figure. None of these kids are going to lead us to a championship. The best they can do is fit in.
    Last edited by donchris; Sep 20, 2006 at 13:18.

You don't trade the franchise for merely cap space and a crap guard. The Twolves woudl be fools not to demand somone like Channing Fry in such a deal.

Nyk Logo Francis to..

Hey if had to choose between memphis or portland, i like the idea of the second option to Portland.

SEND- Steve Francis and Malik Rose
    GET- Zach Randolph, Juan Dixon and Darius Miles

KNICKS
    Curry/Frye/James
    Randolph/Lee/Taylor
    Jeffries/Miles/Rose/Balkman
    Crawford/Richardson, Dixon
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
    Magloire/Pryzbilla
    LaFrentz/Aldridge
    Outlaw/Rose
    Roy/Webster
    Francis/Jack/Dickau

I think Randolph is a great talent and New York energy would spark him up..
    Don't know how chemistry would work but i like both Randolph and Miles cos they got the NY image going and its 2 talents for 1...
    Randolph's ugly, looks like a bulldog and has a knicks face while miles had got the fro going..

i don't like Francis regardless of his talent because we already got Marbury who's going to break out. Franchise will be an interference with who's going to be the man. I am not a fan of having all star guards together like the ol Dumars Thomas combo, but am old school to get a super strong front court happening. Crawford would be a good enough compliment to Marbury in our backcourt because we are already flooded in that position. As good as Francis is, there just isn't enough room for him in the rotation if we are trying to get KG and Marbury reunited again.

I say save Francis for Minnesota and he's one of the keys for us to get KG here.
    Now i know Channing Frye most probably will be involved in that deal, but i am happy to give them David Lee and whatever else they want (with all the talk about how good he is, i would much Frye anyday).
    Minnesotas going to want a small guy and big guy right.
    Lets give them franchise and some expiring contracts and Jerome James..

Actually i'd be happy to part with any of the players in trade except Marbury, Channing, Curry and Jefferies..

So my starting line up would consist of ..
    Marbury, Crawford, Jefferies, KG, and Frye

you got to have guys to do the dirty work like jefferies..
    too many all stars don't work if you want a championship..
    unless the stars are mature and old enough to take a back seat role..
    some guys just have to take a back seat while the Marburys and KG's do their stuff...in turn Channing develops..

And by then hopefully later we can still lure Artest to the Knicks later on..

I am just old school and my days as a knick fan started when the line up was built on toughness and ugliness - Ewing, Mason, Oakley Starks, Jackson..

Regardless i see great thing destined for the Knicks this season...only cos i know you can't get any worse and the tempo's going to suit the players more..

Bring in the Big Ticket!

PS I wish Knicks took in Carter while Carter wanted to go to NY....My fav Player in my Fav Team..
    All the uglys i like usually end up next door in Jersey...
    hhmmm

To Denver for k-mart and a filler

Originally Posted by Mano
    Hey if had to choose between memphis or portland, i like the idea of the second option to Portland.

KNICKS
    Curry/Frye/James
    Randolph/Lee/Taylor
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
    Magloire/Pryzbilla
    LaFrentz/Aldridge
    Outlaw/Rose
    Roy/Webster
    Francis/Jack/Dickau

Don't know how chemistry would work but i like both Randolph and Miles cos they got the NY image going and its 2 talents for 1...
    Randolph's ugly, looks like a bulldog and has a knicks face while miles had got the fro going..

i don't like Francis regardless of his talent because we already got Marbury who's going to break out. Franchise will be an interference with who's going to be the man. I am not a fan of having all star guards together like the ol Dumars Thomas combo, but am old school to get a super strong front court happening. Crawford would be a good enough compliment to Marbury in our backcourt because we are already flooded in that position. As good as Francis is, there just isn't enough room for him in the rotation if we are trying to get KG and Marbury reunited again.

I say save Francis for Minnesota and he's one of the keys for us to get KG here.
    Now i know Channing Frye most probably will be involved in that deal, but i am happy to give them David Lee and whatever else they want (with all the talk about how good he is, i would much Frye anyday).

Actually i'd be happy to part with any of the players in trade except Marbury, Channing, Curry and Jefferies..

some guys just have to take a back seat while the Marburys and KG's do their stuff...in turn Channing develops..

I am just old school and my days as a knick fan started when the line up was built on toughness and ugliness - Ewing, Mason, Oakley Starks, Jackson..

Regardless i see great thing destined for the Knicks this season...only cos i know you can't get any worse and the tempo's going to suit the players more..

Bring in the Big Ticket!

PS I wish Knicks took in Carter while Carter wanted to go to NY....My fav Player in my Fav Team..
    hhmmm
    How can you not like marbury and francis together if you really haven't seen them given a chance to play together...We all saw glimpses of what can be done when both of them are on the floor. The opponents D will have major gaps because of constant help D from marbury's and francis's penetration, they both like to run, both can hit the open jumper when provided, both have decent passing skills, and the both have fire right now. And do i mean by fire...i mean desire, the will to play, a chip on there shoulder. Not too many people on this team have fire. Francis has worked on his game in the off season with Lucas so let's see what this dynamic duo of a backcourt that we have can do...

portland will never bite on that trade in the first place. they got roy, who is probably the most matured and developed player in the draft, and they have a rejuvenized miles and randolph, something they never dreamt of happening. portland is roy's team now, and he's probably a better pg than francis, but not a better player.

Originally Posted by Mano

KNICKS
    Curry/Frye/James
    Randolph/Lee/Taylor
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
    Magloire/Pryzbilla
    LaFrentz/Aldridge
    Outlaw/Rose
    Roy/Webster
    Francis/Jack/Dickau

Bring in the Big Ticket!

hhmmm

The only problem I see is there are 16 players in your line up. The max is 15 and in my opinion that is to many. We don't need more than 12 players. If a squad has 15 players 2-3 players are being paid for nothing.
    I'm all for the Garnett thing now but more important than that is moving out the guards. That should be top priority.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    I would send steve francis to the starting lineup with starbury so they can do some damage and become possibly the best backcourt in the NBA...

Reading this thread was hilarious. It seemed like Francis was totally untradable at the time