Where would you send Steve Francis?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
Allen said:
For what Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Josh howard and Desanga Diop did for Dallas along with Dirk they should be all-stars or recognized as such.

San Antonio can boast about more than 3 all-stars include Bruce Bowen and Jackie Butler in that troop. I think its a travesty that Bowen has not gone to the all-star game as a Spur.

Detroit has at least 5 last year, all 5 starters from last year should have gone to the all-star game.

Deng along with Heinrich, Nocioni will be all-stars in the near future. Tyrus Thomas has a good shot at being an all-star in the future as well.

For what Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, and even James Posey and Antione Walker did for Miami in the playoffs and in the championship series they should be all-stars.

what exacly is your definition of all star? we all know its just a popularity contest voted in by fans. (i.e yao wit half the world being chinese) all-stars are chosen for stats, not intangibles like diop or devin harris. also, j-will, haslem, posey, and walker are good players, but they are certainly not all-star calibur (wit the exception of walker who was an all-star at one point in his career). now, if you wanna talk about dwayne wade, then we're going somewhere

NYKnicks15

Starter
we didnt see any effects of having Francis/Marbury backcourt last season?.. thats why we won so many games with them right?

and hey MSG grow up. very mature swearing and calling names over a computer. get back to me when your balls drop dude. by the way, if you are gonna argue leave personal attacks out of.. try to prove a point with out cussing or name calling and then ill respond to you. until then.. do it again and youll receive a suspension. okay? rules are rules man.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
25 games playing with each other isn't my way of assessing a backcourt or anyother player in that matter. That's the key thing we don't have...CHEMISTRY. If we had chemistry last year we would have won 30 games just because of talent. But talent doesn't get you anywhere without CHEMISTRY. Yea marbury/francis backcourt didn't do anything but they are 2 caliber all-stars playing with each other for the first time and they don't have CHEMISTRY. Let them gain some chemistry before we judge them...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Allen said:
Diop did more for Dallas than Dampier, he should have been an all-star or he will be in the future.

Butler playing in San Antonio will probably go to the all-star game before Curry does playing with the Knicks, but don't quote me on that.

Deng along with Heinrich, Nocioni will be all-stars in the near future. Tyrus Thomas has a good shot at being an all-star in the future as well.

For what Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, and even James Posey and Antione Walker did for Miami in the playoffs and in the championship series they should be all-stars.

All 5 starters for Detroit should have went to the all-star game last year. It was a travesty they left Tayshun Prince out.

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli and Bruce Bowen should have went to the all-star game along with Duncan. I believe that Ginobli did go to the all-star game though.
I'm talking about all-stars NOW. Not in the future...you're right...some of those guys you named MIGHT be all-stars in the future. But no one is promised tommorrow so we're assessing up to this particular second and most of those guys you just named including tayshaun, didn't deserve to be at the all-star game. Prince is a role-player...there's no room for role players at the all-star game...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
a yo nyknicks....others seem to agree with me. U tellin me 2 mature well im gonna tell u 2 think b4 tryin 2 make sumone look like a fool. My balls dropped a long time ago if i knew you u i would go toe 2 toe with u and knock you out but unfortunately you could be on the other side of the country so it looks like your a lucky punk. I proved my point and the cussing was added cuz u tried 2 make a fool out of me i was pissed and im pissed again cuz of the ball dropping comment. go ahead and suspend me but everyone knows i'm right and youre wrong. Now im done with you i'll let the others finish you off and nex time show some respect and use your brain

wymm

Rookie
The 1 and Only said:
25 games playing with each other isn't my way of assessing a backcourt or anyother player in that matter. That's the key thing we don't have...CHEMISTRY. If we had chemistry last year we would have won 30 games just because of talent. But talent doesn't get you anywhere without CHEMISTRY. Yea marbury/francis backcourt didn't do anything but they are 2 caliber all-stars playing with each other for the first time and they don't have CHEMISTRY. Let them gain some chemistry before we judge them...
Looking back, I don't think that Marbury and Francis didn't have chemistry. It was that Larry Brown would NOT allow Marbury and Francis to develop any chemistry.

Another possible destination for Francis could be Seattle.

Steve Francis for Rashard Lewis and Danny Fortson.

Just a thought.

wymm

Rookie
MSGKnickz33 said:
a yo nyknicks....others seem to agree with me. U tellin me 2 mature well im gonna tell u 2 think b4 tryin 2 make sumone look like a fool. My balls dropped a long time ago if i knew you u i would go toe 2 toe with u and knock you out but unfortunately you could be on the other side of the country so it looks like your a lucky punk. I proved my point and the cussing was added cuz u tried 2 make a fool out of me i was pissed and im pissed again cuz of the ball dropping comment. go ahead and suspend me but everyone knows i'm right and youre wrong. Now im done with you i'll let the others finish you off and nex time show some respect and use your brain
This is one of argument/discussion topics that you have to thank Larry Brown for. When Carter got traded mid-season, what did Lawrence Frank do? He allowed Carter to run with Kidd and RJ. When Francis got traded mid-season, what did Larry Brown do? He benched Francis instead of letting him run with Marbury. Doing so killed some of Francis' trade value and left the Knicks with an unknown commodity as they themselves DON'T KNOW how a Marbury-Francis backcourt would do.

If it does well and the Knicks are winning, I don't really see the Knicks trading him away. If it doesn't do well, and the Knicks are winning, then Francis is highly expendable. If it doesn't do well and the Knicks are losing, then we can say good-bye to Francis, Isiah, and quite likely, 75% of the roster.

There's so many places I could see Francis going to. I think the best trade idea I've come up with so far would be having Francis and Q-Rich go to Houston for T-Mac and Rafer Alston. Houston gets a durable starting All-Star PG and a starting SG who can defend in Q-Rich (with a bad back). Knicks get an All-Star SG/SF (with a bad back) and a solid backup PG. The only problem is that I doubt Houston would give up T-Mac. lol...

But it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :)

NYKnicks15

Starter
hahaha very mature threatening to kick someones ass over a computer. grow up. isnt it funny you start lazy typing when trying to sound hard. just let it be man.

and what you are saying is you got mad cause i didnt agree with the vince carter jason kidd comment?! so you are gonna get mad anytime someone disagress? if its like that then dont come back man. everyone has different opinions DEAL WITH IT. use your brain to talk stuff out not threats, swear words and the high school mentality of "you disagree I'm gonna beat you up".. haha

the point of this forum is to agree and disagree and explain yourself. not to disagree and threaten because someone does.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hey man im not angry cuz u disagreed with me, you have a right to. I just didnt like the way you did it. Then you come back with the ball droppin comment. Now youre twistin wat i sed last time. Once again i never threatened you. I said if i knew you i would whoop your ass but i dont know you and i dont care to know you. You aint worth it man im done with this bulls**t. I'm gonna forget about it and i hope you do the same. Dont act like im the onbly one who needs to grow up cuz i know i do but you also do. Thats all i gotta say.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
OK... Ahh so... Where should we send Francis is the subject. Has there been any agreement on where to send him? What is Francis's worth? What can we get for him?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
donchris said:
OK... Ahh so... Where should we send Francis is the subject. Has there been any agreement on where to send him? What is Francis's worth? What can we get for him?

francis for Kmart but if francis could manage to play good i say keep em but the knicks have way too much guards and Kmart is a perfect fit for wat the knicks are looking to do

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yeah Id take Francis for K-Mart because he fits into our scheme of what we need. Unless we can send him to Memphis for Stromile Swift.

Anthony doesnt like Francis though so well see what happens.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I don't like that trade at all...that puts us with another stock pile at the PF with a worst so-called "headcase" than steve francis...

donchris

Francis, Jalen Rose Malike Rose for Garnett
We move three guards that we don't need and Minny gets Cap relief and a better than average PG. Brings us right at the cap for next year. Also the vet's contracts will expire in two years so we still could make a run at Labran James in 2010.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If Minnesota trades Kg, theyre goin to want a pg and a big man (that is better than malik rose). With your trade, they would go with francis at point, ricky d at sg, and jalen rose at sf. The only valuable big man they have besides kg is eddie griffin. Then theyd be like a western conference version of the new jersy nets with talent at the 1,2, and 3 but not enough help down low. Minnesota would still not be a playoff team. The only way they'd give us kg is if we threw in frye and as everyone knows, im not for that. In the 2009-10 season when kg is gettin older and when we get "Lebron or dwayne wade," whose gonna be the pf? KG being i think 33 or 34 at that point? Or Frye who will just be reachin his prime? The knicks could potentially put a team together that could make a run at the championship for several straight years if they hold onto the young players,develop them together, get a lebron or wade next on the team in the 2009-10 season

donchris

You don't see the big picture for minny. Sure they will try to get Frye. But it is in their favor to pick up both Roses. They both have expiring contracts and can be traded off to teams that want to get below the cap. Or they could keep the Roses and give them the veterines salary when their contracts expire. Ether way Minny would be way under the cap and only have Francis's long term contract until 09, which is just as long as Garnett's. Ether rose or both could be traded for a big man plus there is the draft.

The beauty of this for NY is that Garnett's contract expires in 09. So we get a dominate PF that can guid us to a championship and still be under the cap in 08/09, potentially still making a run for Labran.

I'm tired of hearing about the youth movement. All these kids are over reated. Nate the great is a lil Marbury and every one seems to hate Marbury. Go figure. None of these kids are going to lead us to a championship. The best they can do is fit in.

Last edited:

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
You don't trade the franchise for merely cap space and a crap guard. The Twolves woudl be fools not to demand somone like Channing Fry in such a deal.

Mano

Rookie
Francis to..

Hey if had to choose between memphis or portland, i like the idea of the second option to Portland.

SEND- Steve Francis and Malik Rose
GET- Zach Randolph, Juan Dixon and Darius Miles

KNICKS
Curry/Frye/James
Randolph/Lee/Taylor
Jeffries/Miles/Rose/Balkman
Crawford/Richardson, Dixon
Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
Magloire/Pryzbilla
LaFrentz/Aldridge
Outlaw/Rose
Roy/Webster
Francis/Jack/Dickau

I think Randolph is a great talent and New York energy would spark him up..
Don't know how chemistry would work but i like both Randolph and Miles cos they got the NY image going and its 2 talents for 1...
Randolph's ugly, looks like a bulldog and has a knicks face while miles had got the fro going..

i don't like Francis regardless of his talent because we already got Marbury who's going to break out. Franchise will be an interference with who's going to be the man. I am not a fan of having all star guards together like the ol Dumars Thomas combo, but am old school to get a super strong front court happening. Crawford would be a good enough compliment to Marbury in our backcourt because we are already flooded in that position. As good as Francis is, there just isn't enough room for him in the rotation if we are trying to get KG and Marbury reunited again.

I say save Francis for Minnesota and he's one of the keys for us to get KG here.
Now i know Channing Frye most probably will be involved in that deal, but i am happy to give them David Lee and whatever else they want (with all the talk about how good he is, i would much Frye anyday).
Minnesotas going to want a small guy and big guy right.
Lets give them franchise and some expiring contracts and Jerome James..

Actually i'd be happy to part with any of the players in trade except Marbury, Channing, Curry and Jefferies..

So my starting line up would consist of ..
Marbury, Crawford, Jefferies, KG, and Frye

you got to have guys to do the dirty work like jefferies..
too many all stars don't work if you want a championship..
unless the stars are mature and old enough to take a back seat role..
some guys just have to take a back seat while the Marburys and KG's do their stuff...in turn Channing develops..

And by then hopefully later we can still lure Artest to the Knicks later on..

I am just old school and my days as a knick fan started when the line up was built on toughness and ugliness - Ewing, Mason, Oakley Starks, Jackson..

Regardless i see great thing destined for the Knicks this season...only cos i know you can't get any worse and the tempo's going to suit the players more..

Bring in the Big Ticket!

PS I wish Knicks took in Carter while Carter wanted to go to NY....My fav Player in my Fav Team..
All the uglys i like usually end up next door in Jersey...
hhmmm