Where would you send Steve Francis?

wymm

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
wally and theo wouldnt be a good exhange for the 3 players u named. stephon and wally still got bad blood sinve wally busted up marburys shoulder on that pik.
I think if Wally is a Knick, Steph would be willing to forgive him. The big thing about that trade idea is that Wally's (3 years) and Theo's (2 years) contracts are shorter than Francis (3 years), QRich (4 years), and Jerome James (4 years).

Boston receives an All-Star PG in Francis. A long range gunner in QRich. And basically Theo heavy in Jerome James. (I can't say Theo lite as Jerome is significantly heavier than Theo while just as injury-prone.)

Knicks receive a shot-blocking center and an All-Star SF in Wally. Plus the added benefit of shorter contracts.

paris401

Starter
datruth said:
forget trying out steve francis is too big of a risk, if he ends up chocking his value would go evan lower as it already is, this is do or die for isiah thomas and marbury, so the knicks cant go into the season trying things

how much lower can his value drop??? orlando gave him to us for nothing... penny was cut before the ink dried on the trade, and trevor is gone...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
paris401 said:
how much lower can his value drop??? orlando gave him to us for nothing... penny was cut before the ink dried on the trade, and trevor is gone...

i said his value is low

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Trying out steve francis is not a risk...if it fails he's gone and JC will take his place if he suceeds then JC gets about 25 min a game while Steve Francis revives the heart beat of the all-star inside him...straight up...

wymm

Rookie
The 1 and Only said:
Trying out steve francis is not a risk...if it fails he's gone and JC will take his place if he suceeds then JC gets about 25 min a game while Steve Francis revives the heart beat of the all-star inside him...straight up...
Yeah...the best thing is to wait and give Steve Francis a chance to rebuild his trading value.

If Francis does well in Isiah's new offense, then his trade value will rise.

If Francis fails, then he can be had by another team for pretty much what the Knicks traded to get him...an expiring contract.

i like francis. i think we should keep him and get rid of steph. but i like that you're thinkin NYknicks15, but i don't think portland is gonna mortgage their future (trading randolph, thier best player) for franchise. Howeveri could see the memphis trade working. it would downgrade their frontcourt, but gives them a very good point in franchise, something they're lacking. and they're frontcourt is looking a bit crowded with the arrival of Rudy Gay.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
wymm said:
Yeah...the best thing is to wait and give Steve Francis a chance to rebuild his trading value.

If Francis does well in Isiah's new offense, then his trade value will rise.

If Francis fails, then he can be had by another team for pretty much what the Knicks traded to get him...an expiring contract.
Na man I'm saying don't trade him at all if he does well. If he doens't do to good then we trade him and get whatever for him. It'll be worth the gamble, the kid has mad talent...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
heres a 3-way for ya:

ny gets wally szerbiak, brian scalabrine, and tyrone lue
boston gets stevie francis
atlanta gets tony allen and ryan gomes

the breakdown:
ny can finally get rid of francis and gets wally szerbiak who is a ny native by the way. he can definitly score and may replace richardson in the rotation this year. to compensate for the loss of francis' contract, we must also take on brian scalabrene along with the expiring contract of lue.

boston gives pierce what he deserves: a superstart to play along with. francis and gerald green make an explosive backcourt and boston can still rely on bench players like delonte west, and rookies allan ray and rajon rondo

atlanta gets some more guards they need to back up joe and speedy. ryan gomes is a hardnose player wit grit and makes a formidable team with shelden williams.

there, everybody is hapy!!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I don't like that trade at all...you're basically trading steve francis for wally....not an equal trade. We've got to get somebody better than wally if we're trading away francis. We could try to ship Q and somebody else instead of francis. Everyone should get over francis by now...HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT A FAIR ASSESMENT. And depending if he sinks or swims, he will get traded or become the bonified all-star he once was with his backcourt mate in marbury...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I've always liked Wally but there are a few things that could be a problem. One, we're not going to get much for Richardson. Contract's too long and back is too bad. Two, Wally gets paid a heafty salary and isn't getting any younger. Three, and I really hate to say this but I'm not sure Wally can get along with Marbury. They had a brief beef last season. All this and I'm not sure how he would fit in the the line up. He's a good SF that can shoot very well but he doesn't play D and we have enough guards and small fowards. We've got a 15 man line up. We need to be trading off two guys for one or thee for one if possible.

NYKnicks15

Starter
ew man.

I always hear that. "oh he's a ny native". who gives a crap? he sucks. hes always injured. hes NOT worth the money AT ALL.

I dont liek Francis at all. I mean if we didnt have Marbury then I would like Francis BUT I dont think we need Francis. BUT Francis is at least WORTH the money we owe him.

Please no. I wouldnt go to Wally World even if I was given a free membership.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree with tha idea that they should see what he does until the trade deadline. I think Francis and Marbury should at least get a real chance to play together. If they can forget about how many points they wanna score per game and play a team game that can be a very explosive backcourt like vince and j kidd. Both their contracts have 3 years left so buy the time their contracts are up they'll be just startin to slow down obviously because of age. Its worth givin them tha chance and if francis sux like he did last year then they should trade him at the deadline. If they do trade him i think it should be for an expiring contract so they can clear more cap space and just use crawford as the starting sg. :weed:

wymm

Rookie
If you're looking to make a deal with Boston, here's a trade idea.

Steve Francis for Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, and Delonte West.

Boston gets an All-Star PG for the next 3 years.

Knicks get a solid backup PF/C, PG and combo G...all with contracts that expire in 2 years. Delonte West is a solid young guard that could be developed alongside Frye, Curry, Crawford, Lee, etc.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
wymm said:
If you're looking to make a deal with Boston, here's a trade idea.

Steve Francis for Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, and Delonte West.

Boston gets an All-Star PG for the next 3 years.

Knicks get a solid backup PF/C, PG and combo G...all with contracts that expire in 2 years. Delonte West is a solid young guard that could be developed alongside Frye, Curry, Crawford, Lee, etc.

i would definetly to that trade

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The 1 and Only said:
That's if francis doesn't workout in NY of course...

i think its too high of a risk, if francis dont work why would boston take em, if he dont work wit the knicks his value goes down as it already is, i say trade em now for a player u know wat u gettin but hey if it works i wont be mad