Where would you send Steve Francis?

NYKnicks15

Starter
So we all know Steve Francis will not be a staple of this team unless Marbury goes. BUT that's a different topic for another day.

The point I bring to you IS if you were GM and were heavily pursuing a REASONABLE (makes sense for both teams) trade where would you send him and what would we get in return. Lets realize Stevie Franchise does not hold the same value as he once did and that other players could be included.

Please let them work with the cap!

I have a few ideas but heres a couple.

1. Memphis.
SEND- Jerome James, Maurice Taylor, Quentin Richardson and Steve Francis
GET- Stromile Swift, Brian Cardinal, Eddie Jones and Mike Miller

KNICKS
Curry/Swift
Frye/Lee/Rose/Cardinal
Jeffries/Jones/Rose
Crawford/Miller
Marbury/Robinson/Collins

GRIZZLIES
James/Tsakadilis
Gasol/Taylor/Roberts
Gay/Warrick
Richardson/Jones/Kinsey
Francis/Stoudamire/Atkins/Harrington/Lowry

2. Portland.
SEND- Steve Francis and Malik Rose
GET- Zach Randolph, Juan Dixon and Darius Miles

KNICKS
Curry/Frye/James
Randolph/Lee/Taylor
Jeffries/Miles/Rose/Balkman
Crawford/Richardson, Dixon
Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
Magloire/Pryzbilla
LaFrentz/Aldridge
Outlaw/Rose
Roy/Webster
Francis/Jack/Dickau

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I like the first option of sending our slackers off to Memphis but I don't think it's going to happen. In that trade Memphis would get nothing but bad contracts. Myles is consitterd to be the (franchise player)for the Blazers so no way are they trading him for Francis or Richardson. To answer your question, who could we get for Francis that wont hurt the cap? I believe the answer is not an easy one. It may be too premature to make that trade. Let' showcase Francis a little. I actually think he and Steph can play together. That's NOT to say they should! But they can if Steph becomes a true PG or vise versa. We are stuck with these contracts until they expire or the players start to play better ball.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I would send steve francis to the starting lineup with starbury so they can do some damage and become possibly the best backcourt in the NBA...

NYKnicks15

Starter
Chris your wrong they want to ship out D-Miles badly. We could of had him last week for the simple price of Q-Rich.

And its actually pretty fair for Memphis. They get JJs bad contract but we get Cardinals. they get an expiring Taylors. we get an expiring Jones. pretty good for them especially seeing they need a good pg to play with gasol.

1 and Only, why do you keep saying we should keep Francis? Do you really think that he and Steph together will workout NONETHELESS become the best backcourt in the NBA? haha Not being mean but what makes you think thatll work? Just because they have both been allstars point guards? BEEN and POINT GUARDS being the keywords.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
i would keep fancis and see how he does in the regular season if he is not working well with steph trade him at the deadline if he is doing good keep him and the knicks have the best backcourt in the nba

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
No GM would be foolish enough to pick up Jerome James unless your throwing in Channing Frye or Eddie Curry. How does picking up Cardinal for James make us better? That's like trading bad acne for eczema! I don't see the Taylor for E.Jones trade working ether. Yeah ok, they both have expiring contracts but Taylor is not on Jones's level. That plus I'm sure Portland will try to trade Jones and his expiring contract for a better player like we dide with the Davis/J.Rose trade.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
IcEWaTEr123 said:
i would keep fancis and see how he does in the regular season if he is not working well with steph trade him at the deadline if he is doing good keep him and the knicks have the best backcourt in the nba
I agree 100% playa

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
IcEWaTEr123 said:
I agree 100% playa

NYKnicks15

Starter
Chris what are you talking about? It's one trade. not seperate ones..
And where does Jones come in the Portland trade I came up with?
Very confusing post.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I'll like that for a Wilcox trade: How about trading (remember we need to giveup something good as well):

Richardson -- Chris Wilcox
Francis and Lee -- Kenyon Martin

That would give us:

C Curry, James
PF Martin, Wilcox
SF Frye, Jefferies,
SG Crawford, Rose
PG marbury, Robinson

This team would not lack rebounding and defense!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
a trade for wilcox and martin is a redundant trade. its like having shaq and yao on the same team. and frye does not belong playing small foward. also, where did the rest of the roster go???

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
nycefnl said:
I'll like that for a Wilcox trade: How about trading (remember we need to giveup something good as well):

That would give us:

C Curry, James
PF Martin, Wilcox
SF Frye, Jefferies,
SG Crawford, Rose
PG marbury, Robinson

I don't like that trade at all. Rose can't guard other SG. Nate Rob is still molding his game into a PG. Frye isn't at all a SF. James is still a liability and martin is a head case waiting to crack...I wouldn't trade the franchise until I knew he couldn't fit into our offense. You never know, his all-star form could return this year...

NYKnicks15

Starter
You'd give up both Francis and Lee for Martin?! what the hell.
im all for giving up Francis cause he is a liability at the SG but not with Lee included. I like datruth's Wilcox for Francis. it wouldnt work cap wise but you throw a player in here or there and itll do the job.

then you have
Curry/Wilcox
Frye/Lee
on rotation. niiiiice

NYKnicks15

Starter
first off we dont need Francis. lets put away the "he's an allstar" crap and look at the spot hes trying to play. And think if he could capably full it. Thats like saying lets try to get jason kidd too he can play SF. Kidd, Francis, Marbury lets try that. they are allstars. garbage.

BUT CAN WE GET BACK ON TRACK. this isnt a debate of SHOULD we keep Francis.. its a debate OF WHERE WOULD YOU SEND HIM IF WE DID TRADE HIM. cmon people

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
nycefnl said:

That would give us:

C Curry, James
PF Martin, Wilcox
SF Frye, Jefferies,
SG Crawford, Rose
PG marbury, Robinson

This is a great scenario! I do not think Seattle would make that sign and trade with out a little more insentive like Nate. The Martin trade is confusing. I heard that Denver would take Frances for him but then it changed to an expiring contract and Frye, then it changed to just Frances and then it changed to Roses contract only but we would take another contract with Martin's. I have just about given up on the Martin deal. I love your lineup though and you have Frye at the 3 which is something I was saying last season but everyone told me I was nuts!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
first off we dont need Francis. lets put away the "he's an allstar" crap and look at the spot hes trying to play. And think if he could capably full it. Thats like saying lets try to get jason kidd too he can play SF. Kidd, Francis, Marbury lets try that. they are allstars. garbage.

BUT CAN WE GET BACK ON TRACK. this isnt a debate of SHOULD we keep Francis.. its a debate OF WHERE WOULD YOU SEND HIM IF WE DID TRADE HIM. cmon people
I don't really care what the debate is...all I'm saying is give the franchise a chance before you ship him off. He had the best year of his career after he was shipped from the rockets. And that lil scenario you orchestrated isn't the ideal situation that we have right now. The steve francis is giving up 3-4 inches at the most on the average SG. He has excellent size at being 200 pounds. He has a lower center of gravity so he can stay in front of his man and it won't be too easy to back him down in the post. If he reforms into his all-star form we keep him and we have the best backcourt in the NBA. If he's not what we expected then he can be traded a away faster than he could say cuttino mobley...it's just as simple as that.