Where would you send Steve Francis?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Mano said:
Hey if had to choose between memphis or portland, i like the idea of the second option to Portland.

SEND- Steve Francis and Malik Rose
GET- Zach Randolph, Juan Dixon and Darius Miles

KNICKS
Curry/Frye/James
Randolph/Lee/Taylor
Jeffries/Miles/Rose/Balkman
Crawford/Richardson, Dixon
Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
Magloire/Pryzbilla
LaFrentz/Aldridge
Outlaw/Rose
Roy/Webster
Francis/Jack/Dickau

I think Randolph is a great talent and New York energy would spark him up..
Don't know how chemistry would work but i like both Randolph and Miles cos they got the NY image going and its 2 talents for 1...
Randolph's ugly, looks like a bulldog and has a knicks face while miles had got the fro going..

i don't like Francis regardless of his talent because we already got Marbury who's going to break out. Franchise will be an interference with who's going to be the man. I am not a fan of having all star guards together like the ol Dumars Thomas combo, but am old school to get a super strong front court happening. Crawford would be a good enough compliment to Marbury in our backcourt because we are already flooded in that position. As good as Francis is, there just isn't enough room for him in the rotation if we are trying to get KG and Marbury reunited again.

I say save Francis for Minnesota and he's one of the keys for us to get KG here.
Now i know Channing Frye most probably will be involved in that deal, but i am happy to give them David Lee and whatever else they want (with all the talk about how good he is, i would much Frye anyday).
Minnesotas going to want a small guy and big guy right.
Lets give them franchise and some expiring contracts and Jerome James..

Actually i'd be happy to part with any of the players in trade except Marbury, Channing, Curry and Jefferies..

So my starting line up would consist of ..
Marbury, Crawford, Jefferies, KG, and Frye

you got to have guys to do the dirty work like jefferies..
too many all stars don't work if you want a championship..
unless the stars are mature and old enough to take a back seat role..
some guys just have to take a back seat while the Marburys and KG's do their stuff...in turn Channing develops..

And by then hopefully later we can still lure Artest to the Knicks later on..

I am just old school and my days as a knick fan started when the line up was built on toughness and ugliness - Ewing, Mason, Oakley Starks, Jackson..

Regardless i see great thing destined for the Knicks this season...only cos i know you can't get any worse and the tempo's going to suit the players more..

Bring in the Big Ticket!

PS I wish Knicks took in Carter while Carter wanted to go to NY....My fav Player in my Fav Team..
All the uglys i like usually end up next door in Jersey...
hhmmm

How can you not like marbury and francis together if you really haven't seen them given a chance to play together...We all saw glimpses of what can be done when both of them are on the floor. The opponents D will have major gaps because of constant help D from marbury's and francis's penetration, they both like to run, both can hit the open jumper when provided, both have decent passing skills, and the both have fire right now. And do i mean by fire...i mean desire, the will to play, a chip on there shoulder. Not too many people on this team have fire. Francis has worked on his game in the off season with Lucas so let's see what this dynamic duo of a backcourt that we have can do...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
portland will never bite on that trade in the first place. they got roy, who is probably the most matured and developed player in the draft, and they have a rejuvenized miles and randolph, something they never dreamt of happening. portland is roy's team now, and he's probably a better pg than francis, but not a better player.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Mano said:
Hey if had to choose between memphis or portland, i like the idea of the second option to Portland.

SEND- Steve Francis and Malik Rose
GET- Zach Randolph, Juan Dixon and Darius Miles

KNICKS
Curry/Frye/James
Randolph/Lee/Taylor
Jeffries/Miles/Rose/Balkman
Crawford/Richardson, Dixon
Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BLAZERS
Magloire/Pryzbilla
LaFrentz/Aldridge
Outlaw/Rose
Roy/Webster
Francis/Jack/Dickau

I think Randolph is a great talent and New York energy would spark him up..
Don't know how chemistry would work but i like both Randolph and Miles cos they got the NY image going and its 2 talents for 1...
Randolph's ugly, looks like a bulldog and has a knicks face while miles had got the fro going..

i don't like Francis regardless of his talent because we already got Marbury who's going to break out. Franchise will be an interference with who's going to be the man. I am not a fan of having all star guards together like the ol Dumars Thomas combo, but am old school to get a super strong front court happening. Crawford would be a good enough compliment to Marbury in our backcourt because we are already flooded in that position. As good as Francis is, there just isn't enough room for him in the rotation if we are trying to get KG and Marbury reunited again.

I say save Francis for Minnesota and he's one of the keys for us to get KG here.
Now i know Channing Frye most probably will be involved in that deal, but i am happy to give them David Lee and whatever else they want (with all the talk about how good he is, i would much Frye anyday).
Minnesotas going to want a small guy and big guy right.
Lets give them franchise and some expiring contracts and Jerome James..

Actually i'd be happy to part with any of the players in trade except Marbury, Channing, Curry and Jefferies..

So my starting line up would consist of ..
Marbury, Crawford, Jefferies, KG, and Frye

you got to have guys to do the dirty work like jefferies..
too many all stars don't work if you want a championship..
unless the stars are mature and old enough to take a back seat role..
some guys just have to take a back seat while the Marburys and KG's do their stuff...in turn Channing develops..

And by then hopefully later we can still lure Artest to the Knicks later on..

I am just old school and my days as a knick fan started when the line up was built on toughness and ugliness - Ewing, Mason, Oakley Starks, Jackson..

Regardless i see great thing destined for the Knicks this season...only cos i know you can't get any worse and the tempo's going to suit the players more..

Bring in the Big Ticket!

PS I wish Knicks took in Carter while Carter wanted to go to NY....My fav Player in my Fav Team..
All the uglys i like usually end up next door in Jersey...
hhmmm

The only problem I see is there are 16 players in your line up. The max is 15 and in my opinion that is to many. We don't need more than 12 players. If a squad has 15 players 2-3 players are being paid for nothing.
I'm all for the Garnett thing now but more important than that is moving out the guards. That should be top priority.

metrocard

Legend
I would send steve francis to the starting lineup with starbury so they can do some damage and become possibly the best backcourt in the NBA...

laughing.jpg

Reading this thread was hilarious. It seemed like Francis was totally untradable at the time :teeth: