THe GM GAMe

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I was thinking of the type of players I'd like to see play for the Knicks. I'm trying to be as realistic as possible.

Marcus Camby $15M til 2010
Kyle Korver $24M til 2011
Charlie Villanueva $14M til 2010
Ben Gordon $16M til 2010

We could trade Richardson for Korver. Korver is a great 3pt shooter.
Francis for Gordon
J.Rose and M. Taylor for Camby.

New line up
Curry
Camby
Korver
Gordon
Mabury

BENCH
Frye
Lee
Robinson
Crawford
J. Jefferies
M.Rose
M. Collins
R. Balkman
J. James

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i like the camby trade but korver?? he doesnt help the knicks in anything that they need and gordon is just a scorer and nothing else but when he in da garden he puts on a show

Last edited by a moderator:

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I like Fancis for Gordon, but Isiah wouldnt start him with Crawford on the team. Isiah want a experience SG to start. and Gordon is more of a sx man, he'll be good of the bench.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
brooklyn_baller said:
I like Fancis for Gordon, but Isiah wouldnt start him with Crawford on the team. Isiah want a experience SG to start. and Gordon is more of a sx man, he'll be good of the bench.

WHAT!!! Gordon is an alstar. Crawford needs to come off the bench.
Here's another idea. I read that Philly is trying to trade Webber to NY. Webber's 20Mil is going to impact a trade with any team. But, we could trade Jerome James, Richardson and J.Rose for Webber and Korver. This I think is more realistic than my first Camby proposal and will fit in to getting Gordon.

James Richarson J.Rose for Webber/Korver
Francis for Gordon

Web's contract expires in 08. This could actually work.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
donchris said:
Here's another idea. I read that Philly is trying to trade Webber to NY. Webber's 20Mil is going to impact a trade with any team. But, we could trade Jerome James, Richardson and J.Rose for Webber and Korver. This I think is more realistic than my first Camby proposal and will fit in to getting Gordon.

Francis for Gordon

webber????wit this new offense, webber cant run no more, he another alan houston waiting to happen, and the bulls wont do dat trade, they already have hinrich at the Point guard

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
donchris said:

Gordon is still young. he is still learning in the NBA. Remember, he's just a 2 year vet. (including the upcoming season.)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
donchris said:

Francis for Gordon

since when is gordon an all star??he just a scorer, the knicks do not need that, they have enough of that, gordon doesnt bring anything the knicks need, knicks need toughness

wymm

Rookie
donchris said:
I was thinking of the type of players I'd like to see play for the Knicks. I'm trying to be as realistic as possible.

Marcus Camby $15M til 2010
Kyle Korver $24M til 2011
Charlie Villanueva $14M til 2010
Ben Gordon $16M til 2010

We could trade Richardson for Korver. Korver is a great 3pt shooter.
Francis for Gordon
J.Rose and M. Taylor for Camby.

New line up
Curry
Camby
Korver
Gordon
Mabury

BENCH
Frye
Lee
Robinson
Crawford
J. Jefferies
M.Rose
M. Collins
R. Balkman
J. James
Send QRich, Malik Rose, Jerome James and Mardy Collins for Chris Webber.

Send Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson and Ime Udoka for Kevin Garnett and Trenton Hassell.

Lineup:

C: Channing Frye
PF: Chris Webber
SF: Kevin Garnett
SG: Jamal Crawford
PG: Stephon Marbury

Although I'd like to see the Knicks develop Eddy Curry, if the opportunity arose to get an All-Star like Kevin Garnett, its worth taking a shot.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
wymm said:
Send QRich, Malik Rose, Jerome James and Mardy Collins for Chris Webber.

Send Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson and Ime Udoka for Kevin Garnett and Trenton Hassell.

Lineup:

PF: Chris Webber
SF: Kevin Garnett

Although I'd like to see the Knicks develop Eddy Curry, if the opportunity arose to get an All-Star like Kevin Garnett, its worth taking a shot.
I guess this is how it feels to be a GM of a NBA Live Knicks...Webber on this team is even more detrimental. If you're against Steve Francis...you'll definitely be against Webber. Webber must have the ball to be effective. He's not a defensive presence and he's no longer a post presence. He's past his prime while shooting under 50% from the field. No we don't need Webber. He'll want the ball more times then marbury. Marbury, Francis, and Webber cannot co-exist on a team. Webber will not only destroy any chemistry we have left but he will kill the development of our big sophmores. A big NO for webber...

wymm

Rookie
The 1 and Only said:
I guess this is how it feels to be a GM of a NBA Live Knicks...Webber on this team is even more detrimental. If you're against Steve Francis...you'll definitely be against Webber. Webber must have the ball to be effective. He's not a defensive presence and he's no longer a post presence. He's past his prime while shooting under 50% from the field. No we don't need Webber. He'll want the ball more times then marbury. Marbury, Francis, and Webber cannot co-exist on a team. Webber will not only destroy any chemistry we have left but he will kill the development of our big sophmores. A big NO for webber...
The big thing about these trade ideas is that my plan would be to give the Knicks salary cap flexibility in 2-3 years (instead of 4-5 years as it is), gives them a set rotation for the next 2 years, and when Webber's contract is over in 2 years, the Knicks can go and try to do a sign and trade for Ron Artest. Then in three years, the lineup would look like this:

PF: Kevin Garnett
SF: Ron Artest

Hopefuly, in between that time, we'll continue to be able to draft some good players.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Camby is constantly injured. In 03-04 he played a high 72 games, but then has declined to 56 last season.

I like Camby's game but missing games can change the team's on court chemistry.