[Daily News] Knicks With A Knack

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Jamal Crawford leaned against the fence at Rucker Park on Wednesday, shaking hands with players and fans and tugging at his oversized T-shirt. A fan walked past him, cautioning him not to play too hard. "Don't forget, Jamal," the man said. "You play for the New York Knicks."

Not in Rucker Park he doesn't. As Crawford and fellow Knick and streetball mate Nate Robinson know, Rucker ball is a different brand of basketball. "This is where you work on your game," Crawford said. "You get better, break out some new stuff."

That's what Crawford and Robinson did while playing for their Seattle team in Rucker's EBC America Classic. After a trying NBA season, both were happy to play Rucker's looser game.

Here, nobody takes issue with their shot selection. And they can't get benched. "Here," said Crawford. "I sub myself out."
Rucker is about hype and highlights, not coaches and boxscores. Crawford and Robinson are fan favorites. Seattle was loaded with stars — unflappable McDonald's All-America Spencer Hawes, Portland Trail Blazers' first-round swingman Brandon Roy and former Washington Huskie point guard Will Conroy — but the local guys garnered the bulk of the attention.

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5383/knicks-with-a-knack.html

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We don't need to go back with that mode of ball but we do need a more relaxed offensive system. Last year's offense didn't fit our style of play.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
If Eddy realizes how much power he has then he would be the next shaq with interior moves. I watched most of the knick games last year and most if not all the centers could not body him up at all. Kristic is the best example. Eddy Curry manhandled him in the post and that is the reason why NJ won't beat us this season...besides the fact that they have no one to D up against JC, Starbury, and Francis. And Clifford isn't stopping Frye. Frye is too hungry. The simple fact is, is that Eddy Curry might be the strongest talented Center in the NBA right now. Eddy is aggressive but he's aggressive at the wrong times...