[TSN] 30 teams in 30 days - Knicks

rady

Administrator
Staff member
TSN.ca basketball columnist Tim Chisholm is looking at one NBA team each day for the month of September.

Season Previews
New York Knicks

I don't even know where to start. This is the kind of preview you write in your head a dozen different times before even putting a word down on paper because there are so many ways you can spin this team.

Ultimately, though, the reason I think that it is so difficult to settle on a way to describe this team is because talent-wise, this should be one of the best teams in the league. As ludicrous as it is to even suggest that this team should be the best at anything besides infighting, there is no denying that if this were a video game team, they'd be about as good a team as you could throw together.

Stay with me for a sec on this one. First, this is a team with Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Channing Frye, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford and Jalen Rose. All players who at one time or another has been considered the cornerstones of their team, with the exception of Frye, who could be considered the future of this team. They have Jared Jefferies, Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson to throw at teams, and even David Lee showed flashes last year.

However, as we all know, the talent on this team, regardless of how good it may or may not be, is totally irrelevant. In reality, this is an absolute horror show that has no end in sight. The team is so far over the cap they are in danger of tripling the payroll of many NBA clubs. I can't even fathom how untradable most of the players on this team are and the ones that other teams would consider taking on are either too valuable to trade (Frye) or are expiring contracts that the Knicks have to hold on to and let expire if they are to have any hope of getting under the cap.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=176151&hubname=nba

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Good article in a sense but bad on when he comments on marbury...he degrades him on being a shoot first PG. That's too easy and obvious of an answer. If he was a shoot first PG then besides last year...why was he in the top 5 every year in assists? Again there's more to this than just being a ball-hog shoot first prototype guard. And that that's crazy to think anyone in the NBA is just playing purely to pad there stats. No one in this game plays to lose...NO ONE. And in most of the occasions marbury was the best offensive weapon on his team so he had to shoot for his team to have any chance of winning...but it was somewhat of a good article...

The Big O and Starbury are the only two guys in the history of the L to average 20 pts. and 8 dishes for their career. only two. i love throwin that in the face of people who say steph doesn't pass.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
speedofdark said:
The Big O and Starbury are the only two guys in the history of the L to average 20 pts. and 8 dishes for their career. only two. i love throwin that in the face of people who say steph doesn't pass.

But Marbury average 8.1 dishes in the 04-05 season. Last year he average 6.4. He went down with assists, and it should been the same or went higher

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
His assist went down cuz the team had no chemistry. The knicks looked like an expansion team last year. If marbury gets use to his team, you can look for his assists to be back at 8 or even higher.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
brooklyn_baller said:
But Marbury average 8.1 dishes in the 04-05 season. Last year he average 6.4. He went down with assists, and it should been the same or went higher

his assist were down cuz of larry brown