Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Daily News] Isiah Can Browse K-mart

Default [Daily News] Isiah Can Browse K-mart

The K-mart saga is back

Isiah Thomas has another chance to acquire Kenyon Martin, his bum knee and his bloated contract.

With the Denver Nuggets having agreed to terms with Carmelo Anthony and Nene over the weekend, Martin never has been more available for the taking. Pairing Martin, a rugged power forward, with Eddy Curry is something Thomas has thought long and hard about since February. However, the Knicks are reluctant to part with Channing Frye, the most desired player on the roster.

Denver needs a shooting guard but the Nuggets have little interest in Steve Francis. Jamal Crawford is a possibility, especially coming off a good season. Denver would prefer salary cap relief in the form of an expiring contract like Maurice Taylor or Jalen Rose.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Default For K-Mart

Mo-T and Malik, yes. Jamal Crawford and Channing Frye, HELL NO!!

Veteran

I wouldn't mind Kenyon Martin as a Knick. I think he's just what we need. A shotblocker, a hardnosed, attitude driven, rebounder, defender. But at his price and his knee, is it really worth it? I'm not so sure..

If we could get him by giving up Steve Francis, Malik Rose, Jerome James, Maurice Taylor id do it.. anyone else not so much.

Id rather spend the MLE on Reggie Evans before we went and did this. I really think we are just one move from being a good team.. thats moving Steve Francis to get a SF.

THe Knicks biggest problem with things is that with our current situation, there is no Quick fix. That's why we are where we are. I say suck it up, and Play the guys we have. So we'd lose some games, but guys would get game experience which is by far the most valueable thing these guys could get. Patrick Ewing was a rookie. What did the Knicks do...They put him out there! I get that are new guys are Patrick, but they ultimately need game experience. That's just reality.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I really don't want Kenyon... his knee is questionable, his attitude sucks and his contract is huge. If we were getting the KMart that starred with the Nets and Bearcats, it would be another story. But I doubt we'll ever see that player again. Furthermore, it would probably take Crawford to get him and I want to see Jamal stay. You know Denver isn't gonna take back the likes of Francis, James, Taylor and the Roses.

If we can't get Chris Wilcox and Rashard Lewis, I'd rather grab Reggie Evans with the MLE and give David Lee the nod at PF with Frye and Evans backing him up.

I'd also rather go after Drew Gooden instead of KMart.
    Last edited by portega1968; Jul 04, 2006 at 11:25.

Default Yes to K-Mart

I say offer Crawford and JJ or Malik for K-mart. Denver is interested in Crawford and he would do very well in the west. I think they could get persuaded to take Malik's contracts since it expires next season (3 seasons before k-marts and allot less money). I would also try to get Rashard Lewis as well, I was not for him with Brown as the coach but now that Isiah is taking the reigns, I think he would fit nice. Then the knicks would have Curry, K-mart, Lewis and Frye in rotation at the forward spots, NICE!!! I think Seatle would take Taylor's contract along with Lee or Nate (being from the area and a fan favorite) and a future pick.

I'm with the doc and portega...K-Mart would take minutes away from Lee and Frye and his attitude is beyond horrible at times. We don't want another dark year...

Cool

I like K-Mart, but I think Frye is gonna be our starting PF...Martin coming off of bad knees is too much of a risk to give up a talented young big man with so much upside, I'd rather groom Frye and see if h develops into an All-Star...I think Brown's coaching might have stunted his growth alittle last year with all the lineup changes and fluctuating management of minutes...If we can get K-mart by giving up one of our expiring contracts, Francis or Richardson I'd say do it, I'd rather give up Curry than Channing and like I said a couple of months ago if Frye gets up to about 265 or 270 I'd start him at center and consider trading Eddy.....

Veteran

damn HTG you really dont like Crawford haha. Crawford should not be traded AT ALL. to be honest I used to dislike Crawford, but he has really matured. And even though disagreeing with Larry Brown he stepped up his game and listened to the DELUSIONAL coach. Plus he's our only true (and i use that term only because he is 6-5) Shooting guard.

Dallas really wants Kenyon Martin and I say let them have him. Denver wants Jerry Stackhouse in the trade.. so itll be weird to see how that turns out.. but Lee is going crazy in the summer leagues and Frye seems to be balking up and will provide that D spark once he turns some attention to shot blocking.

let's not touch Kenyon Martin. lets worry about the SF positon and rid ourselves of Steve Francis.

Default He ain't so bad...

One thing we should consider with K-Mart if we trade for him is he’ll be playing in NY with a team that’ll at least feel they need him more that Denver did. For starters, if he’s so injury prone, what time could he really take away from Frye and Lee. And the same goes for if he’s disruptive. Show your ass, ride the bench! If you get rid of a contract or 2 in exchange, you lose nothing. The potential of getting a motivated K-Mart might be worth the risk. I know he’d like to prove George Karl and the press wrong. We have the guards to give up, I do not advocate giving up any big men, unless they’ll take Jerome James. I think we have enough scoring to cover for the SF position. Balkman may be a big help in the defensive area of the SF position.
    I’d rather have Wilcox and Rashard Lewis or Drew Gooden than K-Mart simply because of their youth. I’m just scared of what it’ll cost. They’ll want a young guy from us and I can’t get with that. Francis, James, Taylor and the Roses, they can have ALL of them for either Wilcox/Lewis or Gooden!

you must have lost your mind...keep francis and rose til the deadline...otherwise you'll be hurting yourself

Dude, calm down, it was hypothetical. The point is anybody (or collection of bodies, within reason) for those guys.

Yo i'm straight...you just need to use better word usage cuz I didn't know what you were trying to say and everything in this forum is hypothetical...but everything is straight...but like what i said francis and j-rose will have to be traded at the deadline if they are traded at all...trading them now would be a waste of time...

Being that this forum is all hypothetical, my word usage is just fine. I hope you didn’t think I would advocate giving up 5 players for 1 or 2 guys! You make a valid point concerning Jalen Rose and Steve Francis having better trade value by the deadline, but wouldn’t it be nice to start the season with Wilcox and Lewis in the fold?

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Thumbs up

Although the Knicks are in need of one or two more key players I am NOT for a lot of moves or trading expiring contracts in access. I say in access because it may be necessary to move say Jalen Rose and Quenton Richardson for Al Harrington (For example so no body go crazy) but it is important for the future of the franchise that the Knicks make a serious attmept to get below the salary cap. For this reason I think picking up Martin is the worse idea sense Houston's 120 million deal. Allan Hououston comes off the books in 07/08 and if we keep both of the Roses (Jalen and Malik) from now to 07/08 season we will drop from $133,363,654 to $65,476,125. That is progress. That is moving in the right direction. If we pick up Kmart or another loser we will still be over the 100 million dollar mark. This coming season will be better but we can not make stupid moves for the sake of getting a little better for one year.

Here's another thought.
    Steve Francis makes $16,440,000 next season and $17,180,000 the season after.
    Jerome James 18 mill left on his contract for the next three years.

Let's trade Jerome James and Steve Francis for Allan Iverson.
    AI makes $20,109,375 next season and $21,937,500 the season after.
    Moving James and Francis for A.I. is finantually an even swap and we'd still be at $65,476,125 after next season. What are your thoughts.