Warriors & Bobcats talk trade.

NYKnicks15

Starter
The past week or so the two clubs have been discussing a trade that would have Charlotte resign Melvin Ely and then trade Ely along with Gerald Wallace to Golden State in exchange for Mikael Pietrus and Mike Dunleavy. Charlotte would then go on to sign free agent Bonzi Wells to a contract.

The only thing holding this up is if Ely decides to sign with Pheonix instead.

I like Gerald Wallace and dont understand why Charlotte would want to ship him out. BUT I guess it comes down to would you rather have Melvin Ely & Gerald Wallace OR Bonzi Wells, Mikael Pietrus and Mike Dunleavy.

Charlotte Bobcats
Okafor/Brezec/Voskuhl/Hollins
Dunleavy/May/Harrington
Wells/Hermann/Robinson
Morrison/Pietrus/Carroll/Andersen
Felton/Knight/Burleson

Golden State
Ely/Foyle/O'Bryant
Murphy/Diogu/Biedrins/Taft
Wallace/Brown/Cabarkapa
Richardson/Wagner/Owens
Davis/Ellis/Mcleod

Charlotte would need to cut two as Golden State would need to cut one.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i suspect golden state will likely do that trade in hopes of some boosted offense as well as defense from gerald wallace. also, if charlotte does get dunleavy he'll likely come off the bench imo in order to start a healthy sean may. wow, charlotte def. looks like a first round team with that squad, assuming they stay healthy. watch out for the cats in 07...

ps: commish, i sent a pm to u regarding fantasy. thing is i cant log in yahoo fantasy basketball because i need the knicksonline fantasy league i.d number, not the name